Collectivism vs Individualism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Verts, Oct 13, 2014.

Ok so your poo-pooing his plan. That could all be applied to whatever plan for life you have. What is the point of listing off remote possibilities and then being like "SEE SEE your plan only works so far!!!" SEE SEE!!!"

2. #42 chiefton8, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2014

What is quoted is what is fucked up.

Would you rather die or do something that is "immoral"?

4. #44 chiefton8, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2014

I am still unsure what this has to do with anything. Shooting someone in the head because they are not "part of your group" and stealing their shit is not a "die or do something immoral" situation.

Immoral is relative.

6. I wouldn't shoot someone and "steal their stuff", if that's what you're asking?

I'd leave it to you and him to fight it out...

Then after they get done the winner will not expect me and I would steal all of there things.

8. Pretty much like I said: apocalyptic fantasy where you're the hero. I'm sure it will play out just as you fantasize , BUT what if you're too old to steal all of *their things?

Have no desire to be a hero. Stealing cancels out the hero aspect. I'd let someone die in a heart beat since I have no obligation to help anyone plus it saves me some ammo.

Age is nullified with high caliber ammunition. Made the news the other day a elderly couple was subjected to a break in. The 70 year old man nullified the age gap with his shotgun.

10. #50 Uncle_Meat420, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014

It could very well be. 

If you had a compound with a limited amount of supplies and some beggars came and started asking for food, I would tell them to leave. If they persisted and I thought they weren't going to leave, this becomes a threat. Desperate people will kill for food. SO not wanting to be killed by desperate people who want to take my food and supplies I would kill them because they are not part of my group. And obviously I would then take whatever they have. It sucks and I would help everyone if I could but it it's survival or do an "immoral action" then it's my or my families survival everytime

See response to chieftans post. You all seem to be straw manning that I and the OP mean go murder random people for their supplies

12. Regardless of our opinions, evolution still exists.

Whichever "system" works best, will have the highest "fitness".

That is to say, regardless of political.ideology, one country will have the best economy, health, military, and survival rates.

If that system is a system of absolute slavery, well shit, there is no stopping it.

Eventually one will win

-yuri

But, that's exactly what he said he would do... no one called you fucked up, so I don't know why you're taking it personally:

14. #54 Uncle_Meat420, Oct 23, 2014
    yeah in a mad max apocalypse scenario. Did you read my response to cheiftan? In that situation anyone not from your group is an enemy so they can fuck off or die. Hell even having people know you have supplies is dangerous in that situation, who's to say they won't just come back in a few days and murder you and rape your entire family?

He never said go out and murder people, you are adding that in. It's not worth the risk to be a robber unless it's your only option. Staying put in a safe location is the way to go

You seem to have a pattern of attributing false attributes to people. You claim he's trying to win something then make fun of that idea like he said it. Then you're saying what if things don't work out for you?!!? Ok you can say that about anything. What if? What if?  Put the bong down old lady

16. #56 chiefton8, Oct 23, 2014

Yes, I read your response and there wasn't much to respond to. You made up your own scenario to prove whatever it is you're trying to prove, and try to call strawman on other people for saying things they never said all while putting bizarre qualifiers to defend a general statement that someone else made.

17. *HE* was the one who was talking about a "mad max apocolyptic scenario". Which was what I was talking about, and what Chiefton was responding to.

What are YOU talking about?

yes go on pretending to not understand so you can go on about how fucked up that guy is if it makes you feel better,