Icemuds Advanced LED Grow feat. XTE 300 series and EX-VEG 200W

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Icemud, Oct 13, 2014.

3. Happy Sunday everyone!!!

Today makes day 17 of flowering for my girls under the Advanced LED XTE 300's, and wow, so far completely impressed [​IMG] The girls look extremely good, the buds are forming very nicely and all the girls have very heavy trichome formation already! I'm stoked!

So I wrapped up their compost tea round last week and so these next few days will be getting some r/o water, epsum salt, and a 1/4 dosage of some D&S bloom and then it will be plain ro water and cal mag for the rest of the week.

The Veg tent is also looking really good and developing nicely. I couuldn't be more pleased with the EX-Veg 200's as I am only running each panel at 1/2 wattage and they still are providing a very nice illumination for my ladies. Probably in the next week or 2 I will be repotting the plants into 5 gallon pots, and then picking the next 6 that I will be flowering.

So here are the photo's of the ladies tonight [​IMG]

DSC09866.JPG DSC09867.JPG DSC09868.JPG DSC09869.JPG DSC09870.JPG DSC09872.JPG DSC09873.JPG DSC09874.JPG DSC09875.JPG DSC09876.JPG DSC09877.JPG DSC09878.JPG DSC09879.JPG

4. Day 19 of flowering!!! Woo hoo! everyday getting closer to tasting these sweet ladies!! so excited for the GDP and blue dream especially [​IMG]

So looked around the garden today and things are looking great. I didn't feed the girls today as the soil seemed slightly more moist than usual so I will just hold off until tomorrow.

I have to say I am definitely excited by what I see so far as all 6 plants have really shown a lot of trichome formation so far even at a very early flowering day [​IMG] They must like the lights [​IMG] I had to supercrop the tall branch in the back right of my tent on the GDP, because it was only about 6"-8" from the light and the very tip of the bud looked as if it was bleaching slightly from being too close, so I supercropped her over to move her farther away from the light and still allow good intensity. I've always had good luck supercropping in flowering as it seems to greatly increase the formation of the lower nodes into much larger pinecone shaped nugs that grow away from the branch instead of along it [​IMG]

Other than that I didn't do much besides mix up a foliar spray and fed the girls some amaze, carboload, micronutrients and bvitamins.

Here are today's photos (tthe residue on the leaves is from a previous foliar feeding)

DSC09881.JPG DSC09882.JPG DSC09883.JPG DSC09884.JPG DSC09885.JPG DSC09886.JPG DSC09887.JPG DSC09888.JPG DSC09889.JPG DSC09890.JPG

5. Loving this grow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

6. Thanks Brada!!! So far these lights are rocking my plants! I'm stoked!

7. Hey Everyone!!!

Hope you all are having a great weekend... Its been a very busy week for me, trying to find a new job so had to focus on that and so now I'm getting back to the swing of things [​IMG]

The garden is looking great! I am very very much impressed with how the plants are looking, the buds are already frosty as heck, and seem to be forming really really nicely... I gave them a foliar spray earlier in the week that was a little too concentrated, and burned some of the pistils, so that is why they are slightly amber, but I know they will be fine [​IMG] This is also why you will see some residue on the leaves in the photos...from the foliar feeding.

The aroma is really starting to build in there as well, and I am extremely excited to see how this grow goes, plus these are all pretty much my favorite strains, so I am also happy about that too [​IMG]

The foliar spray I gave the girls was a mix of R/O water, 2-4-0 hydrolyzed fish, cold pressed seaweed, potassium silicate, and a micronutrient by heavy 16 with a few drops of yucca extract...

As for feedings I gave them a round of R/O water with 2-4-0 hydrolyzed fish, epsom salt, potassium silicate, and have been adding plain r/o water daily as I use the mixture, so it is gradually getting weaker. I can only usually do this for about 3 days though because then the bacteria I believe turns anerobic and starts stinking... so I will dump it, clean out the bucket and mix my next batch of nutrients... I pretty much do this with each feeding so the plants get a strong feeding, then weaker, then weaker, then change... on a daily feeding. Ocassionally I will double the amount of water I feed to give a slight "flush" to the soil giving them 4 cups of water per day instead of 2... and when I do this I also will skip the next days feeding or minimize it to 1 cup the following day. So far I like this method of daily feeding/low volume and it proved to work on my last grow very well [​IMG]

Well not much else to report today... I will update the Veg journal either later today or tomorrow when I get a chance.

Here are todays photos... (the blotches on the leaves is residue from the sprays)

DSC09891.JPG DSC09892.JPG DSC09893.JPG DSC09893.JPG DSC09894.JPG DSC09895.JPG DSC09896.JPG DSC09897.JPG DSC09898.JPG DSC09899.JPG DSC09900.JPG DSC09901.JPG DSC09902.JPG

8. Day 27 Flowering!!!!

So things are looking amazing and it seems that the ladies are getting frostier by the day as well as continuing to get larger and fatter. I am very happy with what I am seeing so far in the garden, and hopefully the good luck will carry on through harvest [​IMG] The humidity has been extremely low (below 10% RH) lately, because the winds here are coming from inland off the desert. It usually doesn't last more than a week and then back to the normal 50% RH but right now it is really tearing up my lips..haha but the plants don't seem phased. I have had to ramp up the volume of their feedings by about 1 cup per day during the dry spell, but they seem to be fine and it may even help add more trichomes [​IMG]

I had a build up on some of the leaves from foliar sprays so I gave the girls a very nice firm foliar spray...nothing but R/O water to help rinse off some of that residue that built up.

I also have been feeding them the alternate feeding that I have been throwing into the mix... 2 tbsp of dogget simpson bloom per 5 gallons of water and fed the girls..this is just for yesterday, today and tomorrow and then I will be giving them another compost tea for the following 3 days.

Other than that, not much else to touch on today... besides I am very very excited to see how this grow turns out [​IMG]

DSC09904.JPG DSC09905.JPG DSC09906.JPG DSC09907.JPG DSC09908.JPG DSC09909.JPG DSC09910.JPG DSC09913.JPG DSC09915.JPG DSC09916.JPG DSC09918.JPG DSC09920.JPG DSC09921.JPG DSC09922.JPG DSC09923.JPG DSC09924.JPG

9. Can anyone please tell me if my baby has turned hermi...hamefrodite

Attached Files:

10. I can't really tell from that photo... can you take another with normal light, and a little bit more focused on the actual bud?

11. Ok. ..im spuing man
    Threw it out last night
    Didn't want to take the risk of damaging my other babies

12. Love the buds! Did you name her yet? I am dying to see how the final turns out. I would love to see the growth you would have with the blues full power 

13. Thanks Brada!!! haven't named them yet...welll I guess they all are named Mary Jane...haha :) I am super stoked on how things are going in the grow....the plants look amazing and even buds 4 nodes down from the top are forming nice dense buds!

The blue veg lights are awesome! They really do veg fast... I actually am running them at 1/2 power so that the plants don't grow too fast and I run out of room :) but will be picking 6 of them for my next run, repotting, and then will go full power :)

WOW

o_O things really blew up in here! Look at those MONSTERS! o_O

LOL, my plants are named Mary Jane Too

---
    Hey Brada Hoele! :wave:

good to see you around again brother! :smoke:

Keep up the good work Icemud, you always grow some lovely ladies man!

And my god are those blue lights blue, I cant believe it every time I see them boggles my mind!

15. yeah my bottom nugs always harden up. its due to the lack of penetration that LED lights have LOL. it is why i stopped trimming even the lower branches they always have good fat buds. 

Hey Pokes!! good to see you in here man. hope all is well. 

16. #56 rain dancer, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    Doin better today Ice, thanks for the well wishes mate!

Got a question bro!

You ever run any leds and hids together?

I never thought o that til i was viewin a garden in amsterdam recently. Betcha its a near perfect system!

17. Hey Poke!!

Glad today is a good day for you :)

I've never used HID and LED together, but have been curious of running my Ceramic Metal Halides with LED... by far IMO the best HID bulb on the market :) actually has a slightly higher PAR than most LED's which is not usual for HID bulbs :) I've thought about it and still have all my HID equipment in storage. Maybe once I expand to a larger grow area I will mix LED and CMH together :) But so far, LED has impressed me enough to not pull my HID out anytime soon  in my smaller tents :)

18. Hey Everyone!!!

Sorry I have been MIA for the past few days...been trying really hard to find a new job, preferabbly one in the industry. I did manage to interview with a very popular "dispensary mapping" company, but haven't gotten a call back which is very surprising given my industry experience, but ohh well, not getting my boxers in a bunch over it.. [​IMG]

I also interviewed with a very well known edible company and so I am hopeful to be considered as it is a good opportunity.

I find it hard to want to work in any industry that is not 420 related since this is where my love and interest is, so hopefully luck will find me and the universe will open up another possibility soon [​IMG] I would love to work for a LED company, not specific to growing, but so I can get even more deep into the dynamics of LED builds and the details [​IMG] Ohh I would love that [​IMG]

Well got my green thumbs crossed for a good opportunity, wish me luck [​IMG]

---- On another note..... Day 31 of flowering is here! wow time is flying by [​IMG]

I have to say I am very impressed so far at how my plants are looking [​IMG] So far they are pretty healthy, tons of trichomes, and starting to fatten up quite a bit and build in size and girth [​IMG] sweet!!!

I did some re-arranging of the position of the plants in the tent, and I moved both my sativa heavy plants to the middle (blue dream and churchberry) and moved the Ogiesel to the left front of my tent. I also found a solution to raise the Ogiesel up towards the lights that worked perfectly as it was suggested to me a few weeks back [​IMG] so now she is basking in 1000+ uMol of LED photon love!

This week for feeding I gave the girls a dose of earthjuice tea, and today will be the last day of feeding the tea, and then the girls will be getting a compost tea followed by a dose of synthetics by dogget simppson... The plants really seem to like the tradeoff between the synthetic nutrients and organics every other feeding [​IMG] so I will keep it up for this grow and see how they turn out [​IMG]

Other than that, i have noticed my Ogiesel is showing soome cal issues, so I upped the feeding of Cal/mag this week as well, and hit the girls with a epsom salt foliar spray.... what was amazing was after the epsom salt foliar feeding, the girls smell increased 10 fold [​IMG]

Well other than that, here are today's photos...

I will update my veg tent photos and details later when the tent comes on...

IMG_20141122_173648.jpg IMG_20141122_173657.jpg IMG_20141122_173706.jpg IMG_20141122_173713.jpg IMG_20141122_173722.jpg IMG_20141122_173730.jpg IMG_20141122_173738.jpg IMG_20141122_173749.jpg IMG_20141122_173755.jpg IMG_20141122_173809.jpg IMG_20141122_173830.jpg IMG_20141122_173838.jpg

19. New Grow video update...

http://youtu.be/yGvzaUv08qg

20. Lol, same here, one day when i have more space!

We just need some warehouses ice, someone sponsor us with a lab so we can go completely MAD with science experiments LOL XD