Getting married today, any tips from a fellow blade? :)

Discussion in 'General' started by Rhymesayers420, Oct 11, 2014.

1. I'm sorry, I didn't read the OP, my bad, you won't have to worry about a dress.....lol
    Just relax, its not a big deal, its a big nerve racking be up infront of people for a bit, that lasts maybe 15-20 minutes and then your done and you can just party and enjoy yourself. It seems scary, but its not scary, its just a day for you and your love :)

2. The advice that i can give you after 11 years that worked for us:
    -Make time each week for dates, never stop dating your wife
    -Make time each night for her, set aside time to ask her how her day was, make time, because life will fill it if you dont
    -We agreed to always put each other before our kids, before they were conceived- they grow up and move out and we are still here
    -Take a vacation at least every two years, but once a year is better, if you cant take a vacation, go away from life for a weekend, no cell phones, no strings attached to back home.
    -Communicate. My buddy told me once he and his wife agreed to discuss any purchase over 50 bucks. Always include them in your choices
    -if you both put the others needs before your own, you will both always be satisfied and happy-learn to be selfless
    -recognize any threat to your marriage and stability for what it is. There's always a line of people envious of your happiness and willing to steal your joy. Many women will now be attracted to you BECAUSE youre married n vice versa.
    -learn to respect her opinion even if you dont agree
    -dont ever put anyone before your wife and vice versa- people come and go from your life.
    -dont take her for granted
    -cherish her -dont ever lose the honeymoon period. It never has to end unless you let it.

I stood at my grandmothers casket a few months ago and watched my grandfather fall apart after 40 years together. Lots of regrets, lots of "too lates"

-Live each day so that you have no regrets.

- recognize the only reason the grass is greener on the otherside of the fence is because there's six feet of shit underneath it.
    -if you plan to have kids, ask yourself, do we want to do all the fun stuff together now or in 20 years when theyre grown?
    And if you plan to have kids, sleep now, you wont sleep much for a LONG time lol

COMMUNICATE - ever see those dumb tv shows that last two to three seasons because of one morons lie? Dont lie, just be real. I have lived next door to many people who were swingers and failed, people who lied and failed, cheaters, lyers, you name it. Trust is a big deal. I learned what to filter over the years, but there's no secrets in my home. It doesnt work in my experience.

-when angry, walk away and collect your thoughts. Talk when youre not heated. You cant unsay some things.
    -dont become roomates. If you ever feel that way, youve ignored the dating and communication advice.
    -uplift and encourage her interests, and be active in them and vice versa.

Actions speak louder than words. Actions speak volumes. Youd be amazed what a little interest And support can do for a relationship.

Dont forget to cherish her. True love is rare and far between.

I wish you all the best and congratulations!

~poke

3. Laugh together

You will fight and that's ok, it shows you have passion.

All year write down moments like when you felt so proud of your spouse, they made you happy, you had extra great sex, got pregnant, had a stupid fight that you laughed about later, etc into a jar and on your anniversary each year read them.

Have sex, it connects you.

4. Don't do it man. Marriage will ruin your life. Wait till she divorces you and takes all your shit...

Well... Here's to a bad marriage!

5. Dude, you're such a negative person.
    Can't you for once be nice to someone or at least if you're going to be jaded, be funny. You were neither.

Shit broheem. Get laid or something.

6. some deep shit in this thread mayne

7. #27 As Above So Below, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014

Negativity and misery are my life's companions! Oh and hate. Don't forget the hate!

Misery loves company!

By the way you just hurt my feelings. I think I'm gonna go cry.

8. I don't care, find happiness broheem.

9. Have a good afterlife.
    Cause it's over, or very soon.

You obviously care enough to reply lol.

See my sig if you don't like me.

[​IMG]

11. To OP, it can be amazing, just go with it. Find a hobby to do together, even if it's talking crap about people lol, it'll give you something together.

My wife and I, whenever we go someplace (museum, exhibition, concert, game, theme park, etc) we get a magnet.

12. I've been married for almost 7 years, 2 kids and still reember the date when i got married... Enjoy the next couple of days! youl feel special having your new wife and life around. The next couple of weeks you'll be back on the ground and start livin the the married life... Good Luck and build a man cave you'll need it!

Cheers! :devious:

13. Thanks guys for all the positive vibes (for the most part haha  :smoke: ). Special thanks to pokesmot247, very detailed, insightful, and incredibly deep post  :hello: . As usual, the mature crowd of Grasscity prevails once again! I attached some pictures from the wedding & some of the prettier pictures that I shot on our honeymoon in Cannon Beach, Oregon. Enjoy! 

P.S. we found a sweet spot on this beach where literally NO ONE was and we vaped watching the waves crash using my trusty No2. It should be titled #8 on my scenic pictures.

Attached Files:

14. DONT DO ITTTT!!!!

Shit. I'm too late.

Beautiful honeymoon pics tho.

15. Congratulations brother. All the best. :smoke:

I got married last May, though we did the deed in secret and at city hall. The biggest hurdle I faced over the past five months is a mental one. Don't convince yourself that things are different now because you're husband and wife. Your love is the same as its always been.

Appreciate that always.

16. Congratulations man! Those pics are truly stunning! Thank you so much for sharing a bit of your happiness with us! I sincerely appreciate it! I wish you many years of love and warmth and happiness!

Here's to a beer belly!

cheers!
    ~ poke

17. I was married once. For 21 years. So I could be bitter. But that takes energy so fucka-buncha-dat.
    I can tell you the one thing that destroyed my marriage and the one I'd be looking for if I decide to lose my mind again...

Make sure it's a partnership.
    Share the dookie as well as the good.
    Congrats R.S.
    I smoke this hit in your honor and wish you many happy days together. Each one more blessed than the last.

18. Hey buddy, my bad I totally didn't see this thread until now. 

I really don't have any advice for you. Marriage is not in the plans for me anytime soon, I'm still a young pup. lol

Good luck though man and I wish you and your bride all the best in the future. 

I hope to still see you active in the Crohn's thread!  We need to keep that thread alive.