Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

It is hard being a pot smoking Grandpa

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Mike1957, Oct 11, 2014.

1. #81 Deleted member 616232, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
    The reason she hates it so much is because when she was 6, I lost my husband in an accident. I was very depressed for a long time as her brother was only 3 and I was a widow at 35.I was smoking from morning til night.  She hated the smell. She said even if I brushed my teeth, used mints or mouthwash, every time I breathe out of my nose, she could smell it. I never smoked around her.  She made life miserable for me when she got older and  told the Dare teacher. I went into a 30 day residential treatment for marijuana addiction. I could not stay clean though. I would stay clean for a few months, but inevitably, I would run into a friend and end up smoking. She and I were always battling about it. Eventually, I gave in and started Narcotics Annon meetings. They told me I had to stop seeing all my friends who smoked. It took a long time, but I finally was willing to do that. I didn't want her starting, and she was getting to that age of peer pressure. I finally managed to quit for a number of years.

Then, I started dating, and again, inevitably guys I dated revealed that they were canabis users. I finally decided she was grown and out on her own, so I went back to  it when I was on a date with someone. There was no turning back after that. I slowly increased my use and managed to not let her find out for 6 months. One time she dropped in without calling and the cat was out of the bag.

2. Daisy, your posts make my heart ache.

Toking with my kid (and my DIL) is very special to me.

(But his DARE years were scary. Fuck DARE!!!)

3. Oh man OP in your place I myself wouldnt waste a second. I'd haul ass to Colorado or WA.

In these times, where money buys political power it's not feasible to count on these lawmakers in time imo, though it is inevitable because truth always prevails.

Man when I'm a grandpa I wouldnt give a fuck  I'll be that weird ass bald old dude across the street  that landscaped his house entirely with weed plants

4. Thank you. You're lucky that you have understanding kids. My son is not that way at all. Most of his friends smoke and he's an electrician subject to drug tests all the time. He's never tried it and has no desire to, but he sees nothing wrong with it.

It's really done damage to my relationship with my daughter though. She needs to understand that I started smoking it way before I ever thought about becoming a mother. I always thought I'd quit once I had kids. I just didn't expect it to be that hard.