Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

It is hard being a pot smoking Grandpa

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Mike1957, Oct 11, 2014.

1. u sound like the coolest grandma ever tho

2. lmao I love this dude

3. Being a stoner grandma is much easier than being a stoner mom.

DARE made that stuff super scary. Bleh!!!

These days, when we get together, my son always has a nice variety to share with his mom. And vice versa.

4. Sunny420, you are a good Mom.  :D

5. I don't know about the likelihood of hooking up with a toking game-playing granny, but legal retail in Colorado sure makes things easy. 40+ years of toking, and I can just walk right into the pot shop and take my pick. And now that I'm retired, I don't give a fuck who knows that I likes me a little weed now and then.

My wife never touches it, hell, she rarely has a glass of wine or beer with me. But she doesn't have a problem with it; she's even been in a shop with me, just to check it out. Maybe someday...

6. My wife smoked plenty of pot but somewhere along the line it started making her paranoid and she quit, probably twenty five years ago but she's never minded that I smoked.  Some girls just can't hang.

7. My girls grandpa smokes. He doesnt know we know. He buys prerolled joints which is with mids at best.

I should switch it out with some organic blue cheese to see if he notices

sent from my skateboard under the Zakim bridge.

8. I'm just glad I live in a medical state. That makes things so much easier. Plus Oregon just passed legalization for recreational use so that's even better. I hope it doesn't drive the price up. I saw a thing on tv that non medical people are paying $400 an oz to buy in a dispensary.

Hopefully most growers won't want to sell to the dispensaries.

9. Dare is who ruined the relationship between my daughter and me. Plus now that she is an adult, she looks up all sorts of bs online on why canabis is bad for people.

She said she is going to get on anti depressants. I am going to ask her how she would feel if her medicine was illegal.

10. Grandpa and Grandma have to make a run tomorrow. She has to pick up fancy dog food and bakery goods. Grandpa is going to drop in at the LEGAL retail dispensary along the way.

Dang, and we have a nice little warm spell while the rest of the country is freezing it's balls off.

11. Raising my kids in the 70's, If you were bad you had to clean the roaches in the roach jar. When a pound came in everyone bagged lids (10 or 12 years old). If their friends were going to stay the night they had to be read in. So the kids would choose wisely.Now? Son (50) doesn't partake. Daughter (51) is a mad fiend  (like her dear ole Dad)

12. Hey oregondaisy. Really wierd ur daughter has this crazy thing with pot. Not tryin to be mean but some people are easily "programmed". She sounds like one of these. For some reason i never was susceptable to societys programming an cant relate to people who are. She frankly lacks respect for you an i feel bad for her kids. My kids would never disrespect me this way and threaten to withhold grandchildren. Weve worked hard, raised cbildren,and endured alot of crap to get here. I dont expect anyone to treat me a certian way persay, but your own kids, providing youve cared for them properly, should
    treat you with respect. "Honor thy father and mother"already. Try to keep ur relationsbip as good as u can an she still might come around someday

13. She will never come around. We just don't discuss it. I try really hard not to be stoned around her. I know when I am going to see her. She doesn't just randomly drop in here anymore.

14. Really cool to be able to read thru a 4 page thread without the usual immature arguments.....

We don't have any grandkids yet, but we do have 2 sons, 25 and 27....

The eldest one doesn't really like to get high, but the younger one is a bigger stoner than I was at his age....neither one has a problem 
    with me getting high.

My wife is a realtor and she kind of fell out of the cannabis habit as she is pretty much is on call constantly.

I feel bad for you Daisy, it's sad that your daughter takes that stand about something as harmless as cannabis.....

Maybe you should try vaping, joints are pretty stinky, but they are my favorite as well.........

Damn if you are legit you are a legend. I could totally see myself being a stoner grandma like you someday 

16. I do vape. I go through stages where I will vape all the time. I dab at night. It really makes me tired and I have insomnia and it's really helped with that. During the day, I like to take my bong and 3 different strains. I like to have 3 bong hits of each strain. I've been trying not so smoke joints because I really hate roaches. I give bottles of them away.

As far as my daughter goes, I never smoke in the house. I will vape in my bedroom because the smell goes away faster. My bedroom is not on the same side of the house where she would come in. She doesn't just drop in anymore. I make sure I'm almost completely straight if I go to her house.

I am trying really hard not to wake and bake and not smoke til noon. It's hard. Then I pretty much time myself. I try to wait 2 hours before hitting the bong again.

I started smoking weed at 15. When I was a teenager and in my 20's, people didn't ask you if you wanted a cup of coffee when you went to their house. They asked if you wanted to smoke a joint. My daughter doesn't understand that this is a habit that started way before she was born.

I feel lucky that I did quit for a number of years while she was growing up, but it took going to those stinking meetings constantly and getting rid of all my friends. I am not willing to do that anymore.

17. #77 sunsetviews, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
    Hi there.....I am intrigued yet saddened by your situation with your daughter.....I'm also a little shocked that she continues to be so unreasonable....what a difficult thing for you.....I'm sorry...what a huge bummer.
    Your story has certainly grabbed my attention! I'm a medical user ( if hubby & I are relaxing, kids are out, etc..then I cross over to using recreationally...not often) & have just returned to using herb after a 15 year break ( u can read my intro on here...sorry too lazy to link).....I began treating my symptoms with only my dr, my herb shop friends and my hubby knowing....hid it from our teens (college aged living at home)successfully for five months....Then....a political/moral/legal issue about weed came up & I was deep in a heated conversation with our 18 year old....And told her exactly why mommy was doing SO much better.....and she just freaked....didn't want her friends to know,etc...so there I was in a two hour conversation, which soon became a family conversation & oh would she freak!! if she knew hubby occasionally dips into my meds....But now she is slowly accepting it and I'm always super discrete....always was & always will be.
    But your daughter's reaction to you using (and you're also in a legal state, for crying out loud) is extreme....makes me wonder about my own future with my daughter....
    Well
    You sound like a responsible & loving grandma!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. Why do you have to sneak around, especially since you live in Colorado?

19. That's the sad, but harsh truth of reality. It's really easy to condition and program a human being with sensationalism and yellow journalism, since emotions play a huge role into decision making, the ones that are guillible blindly accept without inquiry and scientific testing. All thanks to mainstream media.

20. I have 6 grand kid's, still smoking!! I have my card.
    It's just medicine. I just dont smoke around them, as they are so young....