The Kingdom of Heaven

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by GanjalfThePurple, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Seek in your Heart the Kingdom of Heaven, unflinchingly, with every action. 

2. How much do I want to bet that you're marisol94? 

3. Pay me $150 and I can show you the way to salvation

4. Which heaven?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Heaven and Hell is here and now.

and the world is a mirror.

6. All the more reason to, no?

7. Which one do you think?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. If you actually know the way you wouldn't be charging.

9. #9 freethinker, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
    "The kingdom of heaven is within."-Jesus

Definitely not some judging entity in the sky with a beard and a pointing finger like I've been brainwashed to believe in the past.. 

10. #10 waktoo, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    There are no history books written about Jesus Christ.

Just buy-bull's...

11. None?

12. Would be sad if that were true. What would the point of life be? I look at it like this if all the atheists are right and when we die we just cease to exist but during my life I found hope, peace, fulfillment and happiness worshipping God and believing in Jesus Christ then no big deal for me, I lived a happy life. But what if they are wrong. No one really knows until they actually die and from what I have experienced, there is something other than ceasing to exist when we die. We can roll the dice on an eternal risk, I prefer to make sure I'm covered while at the same time experiencing life in a wonderful way through a relationship with God. Interestingly enough, my eyes become more open to the glory of God the more I read His word and worship at His feet.

13. There is no heaven or hell. Only the universe and the infinite depths of your temporary consciousness.

14. Didn't see this until now. Sorry.
    The point of life is to pass on our genetic code. To follow the Golden rule, to care for others and leave this planet in the same if not better condition as it was when we arrived. We give whatever purpose we wish to our short lives. And knowing that there is no such thing as a wishful heaven or afterlife makes a person care even more.
    The fact that our lives are limited allows us to use our time more effectively.

The second part of covering your behind is called pascal's wager. I would ask you to google why that reason is faulty though I'll add one thing here. I could be wrong about every religion. You could be wrong about every religion except for yours. You are unsafe from the thousands of other punishments of other religions.

I think Pascal's wager is intended for whatever religion you grew up with.

If your family is Muslim then you should do a Muslim version of Pascal's wager instead of a Christian version. It's not like God is going to expect you to embrace a religion you were never formally introduced to.

16. The point I'm making is that pascal's wager should not be used because it is a faulty way of rationalising belief.

Whether a person takes refuge under a religion to shelter themselves from that religions hell doesn't aid in the shelter of others. They are just as, and I might argue more likely to suffer.

At best a person who takes the wager is doing it out of fear. Also I would add that a god would know the real reason for belief, and find it insulting.

Pascal's wager isn't simply about worship. If it was then I would understand God finding it insulting.

Rather it's added incentive to avoid sinful activity. Why would God care about your motives for avoiding sin if you managed to successfully avoid it?

18. Pascal formulated the wager as a way to safeguard the soul from eternal damnation. He said that it is safer to believe and be wrong than it is not to. That's the premise of pascal's wager.

When a person takes out this insurance policy they are not worshipping him out of love or because they are convinced of the truth of the doctrine. They are simply playing the joker. This god should and would know this. Pascal's wager is only invoked to avoid punishment.

There could be a God that exists who doesn't care if you believe in Him or not. So being an atheist wouldn't harm you in that case.

That's why Pascal's Wager is a flopper.

20. ^My point exactly.