Feeding Coco Every Day?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by MisterWinter, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Idk know anything about what that guy said about I killing your benefitials but ibuse it in my coco every res change and have no issues I add I mid week too as it evaps . Never had any problems but that's is just mo

2. Its true, h2o2 kills all the bacteria in the medium, including the good bacteria. Good bacteria is found naturally in soil but can only be added to coco, so if you arnt adding any then you arnt doing any harm. That said you would be better off adding a benefical bacteria like Great White, and only using the h2o2 for root rot emergencies and finding another way to deal with gnats.

Also for the "its only a few so im not worried". Its not the gnats you need to worry about it their larva that eats your roots. Every gnat lays thousands of eggs so you do have a problem. It takes 3 weeks or so for larva to turn into gnats so the problem grows exponentially if you are not on top of it. Yellow sticky traps and gnatrol are your best friends.

3. I wanted to add the gnat knix glass is an ok preventative, but all it does is keep the gnats from laying eggs. If you already have larva in the soil they will be doing harm till they morph and try to leave the soil. You can accomplish the same thing with a layer of sand, but most people forget about the drain holes at the bottom that gnats use for access. Trust me on this, gnatrol is the best fix, its organic, can be used to the day of harvest, and kills all living larva within a day.

4. You can save your coco if you wanted. Just break of as much as you can then spread it out to dry. Most garden pest need it to be a moist environment. So you can reuse it. Just be fully aware of the idea that you most likely gonna run into them every grow regardless if it new soil(CocoCoir)every time or not.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1342099-The-Grizzly-Closet

5. I had a dog named coco. I fed her everyday.

• Like Like x 1
  6. just once a day tho?

poor dog

• Like Like x 1
  7. Use ortho home defence..
    Spray the top of the coco AFTER you have fed so they are at the surface. Doesn't hurt the plant and kills almost all larvae the first application

8. straight coco, feed every time, the only change I have made is that now I will run straight pHed water. or maybe a very weak solution (400-600)  through 2 or 3 times in flower.  I do the straight water just so there isn't any nute lockout, not that it has been a problem. I water everyday to run off.  Best results I have ever had are with coco, as said above, it is a very fogiving medium.
    Also I stopped using all  ALL the extra crap guaranteed to give you buds the size of a school bus products. Except of course for the virgin hippie princess cum.  I think that is a AN product.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Actually I find that pumping 1.6 EC for the 7 1/2 weeks then a straight RO flush for 10 days works great. And alittle runoff is even better during flush too
    Coco loves to be fed

10. This is how I feed. I feed every two days. I first flush with water till 20% run off then immediately feed nutes. I only do that in veg. In bloom I only flush with water before nutes every two feedings.

11. I think it depends on your environment. I for one feed every 48 hours. I start with 100 gallons of ph'd water and then I immediately chase it with 50 gallons of nutrients. I then flush 200 gallons either every 4 feedings or when my run off hits 1500ppm or higher.

In my other room. I feed once every three days, water first then nutes. And I flush it about every 8-12 feedings or when my run off hits 1500ppm.

Everyone's environment is different man. What works for me may not work for you

12. I feed every 3 days in veg with nutes for about 2 months with perfect results, then every 2 days in flower for another 2 months till done perfect bud... Drying the coco coir out let's the roots stretch searching for more water leading to more root growth and watering to much you might end up with a sad plant with gnat problems, a small root system and mold on top of the coco.. That whole thing about watering 3 times a day or once a day I don't get it. It's not hydroton.

13. Just curious are you using a passive system feed your plants. Possibly the wick system? I am going to start a indoor grow after Xmas using Advanced Nutes 3 part sys. Trying to find someone else that may have grown using the wick

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

14. That was ages ago mate, i top feed daily now with much better results. I didn't use a wick or anything I just used to just fill the tray they sat in when they went dry.

15. I water to about 25% runoff GH floranova bloom at 600-700 ppm every day along with a dash of floralicious plus, 50 ppm epsom salts, 50-100 ppm various PK boosters sometimes, and 40-50 ppm potassium silicate for strength and mildew resistance. My overall ppm range is 750-850. This time I experimented with sprinkling a couple tablespoons of kelp powder on top of the coco around week 3 of flower for the potassium to kick in around week 4 and 5, so I'm keeping my ppm down a little bit to compensate. It seems to be doing something, they look fantastic. I've seen a lot of folks say they feed at much higher ppm like up to 1400 but every time I ever fed over 1000 I burned my plants, and they seem to do a lot better for me in the 7-800 range.
    These girls here were around day 30 when I took the photo.

Attached Files:

16. soil forum is a few clicks away. Please don't spout soil superiority in a coco forum.

• Like Like x 2