I could be a Republican

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bluntula, Oct 9, 2014.

1. A large portion of this forum is dedicated to non-weed related topics, otherwise it would get really boring really fast. 

2. Psht, nothing is boring....on wwwweeeeeeeedddddd

3. I could be a Democrat.

4. Certainly, but I can't wrap my head around the idea of people in a weed forum (albeit in a politics subsection) arguing in favor of a political party which is against most civil liberties in general and weed in particular. Alcohol prohibition was an insane disaster in the 1920's as weed prohibition is now.

I'm just an old lefty. Millinneals, I have been led to believe, are supposed to be liberal or at least libertarian. Conservative just does not compute in my head, especially when its on high grade dope.

I certainly cant wrap my head around a political party that is racist, anti women, enjoys poverty like the Democrats.

Look up who was for slavery, look up who was for the Jim Crow laws, look up who supported Segregation. Who freed the blacks?

As for the Millennials well there not faring so well. Under there Lord Obama who is on track to having the lowest approval ratings of any modern President with the exception of Nixon who had to resign there the highest debt, lowest employed generation we have had in eons. They can't find jobs, a huge sum of them in numbers never seen are still living at home. There the highest educated Americans in a while where the best job they can find is at Starbucks. Its appalling actually.

They came out in mass to support the Democrats in 2008 and I am sure they all in there heads can't believe how that guy turned out.

For myself and most Conservatives setting aside media stereo types what I believe in low taxation, free market, and very small government.

Its funny the people on here all want the government out of there lives in terms of weed. Many on here talk of stateism..why would you want people who 100% down the core of the being desire more?

6. The 60s are long past you old goat.  Republican losers?  Did you miss the election?  Your source is about your new Republican governor, who won.  It also says this:

"Baker also said at that press conference that he hopes to get the process of opening medical marijuana dispensaries moving along. Medical marijuana was made legal in a 2012 ballot initiative, but the opening of dispensaries has been significantly delayed (though the first openings are expected this winter)"

What's the problem?  Baker says he will respect the will of the voters on the ballot initiatives.  Put down your bong for an instant and take a long hard look at what your Democrats are doing to this country.  Don't make me come up there.

7. "If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." - Mark Twain

Voting is masturbation; the only purpose it serves is to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside while maintaining the delusion that your voice has been heard, when in reality you've accomplished absolutely nothing. As George Carlin said, "The only difference is when I get done masturbating I've at least got a little something to show for it."

8. The 60's aren't long gone. If it wasn't for the liberal 60's you wouldn't know what weed was.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415916422.451299.jpg

What have the Dems & POTUS done for this country lately?

http://blog.sfgate.com/morford/2014/07/08/the-best-worst-president-ever/

Pat attention punk or I'll send you to detention without any weed

9. I'd say true. But also voting gives you the right to bitch about what the idiots in power are or are not doing. If you sit out the elections, you have to sit out the bitch, moan & whine sessions.

10. Why is that? By voting for who you perceive to be the 'lesser of two evils' you are voting to perpetuate this fucked-up, broken system. I, on the other hand, by boycotting the immoral and obsolete system and entire political process, have every right to complain about the mess you and the rest of the government apologists created and perpetuated.

11. #52 stonerfrom60s, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
    So what is YOUR solution? Grab assault weapons and start a new civil war, and try for a libertarian paradise? Good luck with that fantasy. Hockey is played with referees for a reason.

"The idea of civilisation – which, after all, is really just a collective decision by all of us not to screw each other over even when we can." - Matt Taibbi

One purpose of government- I would add- is to hold criminals of all levels of sophistication, from petty thief to Wall Street mastermind, to foreign invader, at bay.

12. And you do that by...voting for criminals. Excellent statist solution buddy.

13. this is a strawman argument

-yuri

Duh bro, all these libertarian-fags need to move to Somalia.

15. Mebbe so but until he tells us what his alternative to democracy is, the libertard strawman will do, huh?

16. We haven't heard your alternative to democracy, dude. So throw crap to your hearts content. You sound like a Republican dumping on Obamacare , easy to criticize hard to replace

17. if I fully subscribed to one party, I would be wrong at least 50% of the time

18. Your excuse sucks

http://yourexcusesucks.com

19. #60 stonerfrom60s, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
    If you picked and chose according to the candidate 's qualifications and platform and not just the party, your odds would be better. I usually vote Democrat, and am registered as such (so I can vote in primaries) but do not think it's a straight jacket. Occasionally, there is a Republican or 3rd party candidate who is superior to the Democrat. As the Republican party keeps tacking starboard, voting for one gets more and more unlikely, however.