6 Biggest Donors To Anti-Pot Lobby Are Pharmaceutical Companies - Most For Pain...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by hempburn, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Article: http://www.weedbeaver.com/heres-list-biggest-donors-anti-pot-lobby/
    Like any worthwhile non-profit, the PDFK is funded by special interest groups, which means corporations. By law, the organization must make public its donor list. At the top tier, donations of $250,000 or more, there are eight benefactors.
    Here are six of them:
    • AbbVie: A biotechnology company responsible for Humira, a drug that treats rheumatoid arthritis and has earned the company more than $10 billion.
    • Consumer Healthcare Products Association: The leading trade and lobbying organization for makers and sellers of over-the-counter drugs and nutritional supplements.
    • CVS: The drug store chain with more than 7,700 locations in the United States. In 2010, a single location in Sanford, Florida, (population 53,000) ordered more than 1.8 million Oxy-Codone pills.
    • Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals: The largest U.S. supplier, by prescription, of opioid pain-killer medications.
    • Pharmaceutical Research & Manufacturers of America: One of the biggest and most influential lobbying groups in the United States, representing the interests of 48 pharmaceutical companies.
    • Purdue Pharmaceuticals: Maker of OxyContin.

2. I'm sure there's a number of alcoholic beverage companies up there too. Granted, I'm biased as alcohol led to a terminal disease that I'll never recover from, but it's a shame to see so many cannabis appreciators give their money and health to that poison. I have cirrhosis of liver and will die without a transplant, which I'm being denied, because I use Medical Cannabis under multiple doctors' recommendations. :confused:  So please, fellow blades, stick with the safer, better alternative. Choose cannabis. Okay, plea/rant over.

3. Damn that's heavy

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. These same corporations also fund politicians to keep MJ illegal.

Sad :(

5. #5 travilanche, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
    Why would cvs lobby against marijuana? I would think they would want to be selling that shit in store. Also where can I find the complete list and how much people actually gave? And is there maybe a more reliable source than a website called "weed beaver.com"?

6. HBO? I would say that stoners are a very large part of their demographic. Why would they be donating to drug free America? Some of these don't make sense.