cloning a male

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by SoloToker, Oct 7, 2014.

1. I have a few questions about keeping males. I have a nice male 1 week into flowering. I check them daily and I just noticed the little balls last night. What is required to keep males? I didnt have time to take cuts yet so could I clone it now even though it's started forming pollen sacks? I feel like I've read that they will start to flower on their own? Do they need to be kept in a separate room? The guy is the nicest looking plant in my tent and I'd hate to think it's been a waste. Plus I don't really have access to seeds so it would be nice to do a breeding some time. Its in a 15 gallon No-til and is big so it's not just getting moved. I guess my biggest concern is that it's a week into 12/12 and starting to show
    ...is this a problem?

Thanks

Solo

2. I've cloned females further into flowering than that, so I don't see why it would be a problem. Just make sure the light over the clone is on for 16 to 24 hours while it's rooting and it'll reveg.

3. there is a sticky above about the "male isolation chamber". You can reveg it in there safely. Good luck!