Theres a skunk in the closet (My First Grow, CFL)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mrfett3463, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Yeah I saw that, and have read that thread too a while ago. I was going to talk to Sara when the time came. Everyone seems to be more then happy with their lights. I think my second grow would be WAY better with a tent and a light. Been looking at fans and filters too. I can't have the odor be like this again.

2. I went to my local hydro shop. paid a little more, always do when i go there. but if I can help a local shop i will. Sometimes the savings are just too hard to stay away from online.

3. Yeah I order online from one that's a couple towns away and does free shipping. So I get it the next day. The local one isn't bad but they are even higher priced and the guy who works there seems pissed off every time I go in so I don't if I don't have to.

4. The Skunks are getting so close... :bongin:

My cheese and Super Silver haze still need a couple weeks and are way smaller then my Skunks.

Attached Files:

5. A better look at Skunk #2 with the potato cam. Flipped Oct 20, showed sex within a week.

It looks like it's the furthest along. That little voice in the back of my head says "Harvest it... Harvest it..." It looks pretty good but I dunno. I keep thinking about harvesting one skunk a little early and letting the other go longer to see the difference in high. I didn't get a loupe or anything yet and honestly don't have the $ for it really so just kinda going old school still.

What do you guys think of her?

Attached Files:

6. #86 mrfett3463, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2015
    I think Skunk #2 is getting the chop tonight. She seems ready, and I'm going to let the rest go another week or two. Here's some better pics of Skunk #2

If anyone doesn't agree with this chop you better speak up or forever hold your peace :bongin:

This is the 11th week since flipping the lights and the 10th week of flower since it showed sex. It has slowed in growth and isn't getting fatter really just getting more and more orange.  I don't notice any new pistols forming either really.

Attached Files:

7. Well I got to hurting and then I sat down and :bongin: :bongin: :bongin: :smoking: :bongin: :smoking:  So needless to say she will live another day.

I plan on taking  better pics of all the plants tomorrow as well as the harvest pics.

8. Well took about 3 hours but Skunk #2 is harvested. My bask and shoulders hurt, time to :bongin: :smoking:

I'll get more pics tomorrow. There was more trim and a couple buds that got cut off by accident that are not in the pics. Also I did start picking on this plant for a while before I harvested  :hide:  Sorry once again for the crappy pics.

Attached Files:

9. :bongin: :bongin: :bongin: :smoking:

Well I haven't posted much just because I have been busy with life and haven't been feeling very good so I've been taking it easy. But this last week was a big week. I harvested all the plants. I am fairly happy with the harvest and currently having Skunk #2 in a jar for cure, Skunk #1 and Amsterdam Cheese and Super Silver Haze are all hanging in the closet. I chopped Skunk #1 Yesterday and the other two today so I'm tired.

Here's some random potato cam pics I took. I will try to load them in some sort of a order. I'll upload and take more tomorrow. Also I will add up my total cost for it as well.

Attached Files:

10. Fill us innnnn =)

11. Looks great man :metal:

Dont even trip on not posting. Been on my death bed for a week, no joke, had to turn my back on the city and deal with the feel.

Keep your head up brother. You can always vent to me if you need to via pm. Ill always be there for you. Even if you just wanna talk about the weather :) okay?
    Take it easy bro
    ~ poke

12. #92 mrfett3463, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
    Thanks man that means a lot. I was just fighting some major fatigue and hurting but I'm starting feeling better now. Get to feeling better yourself man :bongin:

Time to get caught up on my posts. Also thinking about grow #2 already...

Hey, question poke. Since my Sleestack Skunk "Skunk #1" hermied due to a light leak I have some seeds. Would they be worth planting or would they have a higher chance to hermie? I believe it was light stress induced and not genetics.

And GC I think is one of the best forums out there :bongin:

13. Not the best pics but here's what I got. And I have to be honest I have really been smoking on this lately so it's kinda shrunk :hide:

But overall for being so little into it and just as a hobby and a source, I'm happy with it. I'd say guessing with everything I smoked and picked early I would have had 2oz or maybe a little more. But the knowledge for the next grow is priceless. I now know a lot of things I'll be doing on my next grow.

Here's some pics of Skunk #1 I took before my batteries died. That is just some of the bigger buds from the jar and main cola. I know the trim job could be better but I was hurting and just wanting to get it done and it all smokes to me  :bongin:

I'll take pics of the others tomorrow when I get batteries.

Attached Files:

14. Here's some more pics of the bigger buds. I plan on using the trim and popcorn buds to make some coconut oil out of for baking and some other treats.

Overall I'm satisfied with the grow. Skunk #1 is quite fluffy compared to the others and I think it's due to not getting as much direct close light as the others.

Attached Files:

15. My moneys on hermie, but you wont know til you grow. Did they come out super white and very tiny? If so they probably wont germ.

And thanks man. Im feelin better each day. I hope you feel better soon bro. :)
    Stunning pictures. Im very proud of you. You did an excellent job this run :)
    ~ poke

16. #96 mrfett3463, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
    Glad things are getting better.

Thanks I have been messing with taking pics with my old cam and its working better then my phone for sure.

Alright I'll grow a couple out and just have to see if they hermie. I might have unstated how many seeds I pulled out lol. This is all I could find with lots of hard looking and what I have found smoking. A good chunk of them look like healthy seeds.

Attached Files:

17. Dont make them the majority of your grow but toss one or two in on the side and see what happens. First sign of hermie pull them and toss the beans.

18. nice grow man. cant wait to see the next one

19. I have to ask, why did you top during flowering? That really stunts the plant during flowering stage and make it lose potency by making it waste nutrients from topping?