Theres a skunk in the closet (My First Grow, CFL)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mrfett3463, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Well I just got a nice present :) I'm hoping it will help out

Attached Files:

2. Well, I gave them the first round of the new nutes and everything is looking good. I have lots of nice pistols forming and buds forming.

I'm starting to worry about it getting too cold at night and also starting to deal with the odor of them too. I need to go get a Ona gel I think. There is really no way I can use a filter. Came home the other day and the house stank lol :smoke:

Official measurements
    Height
    Skunk #1:
    32in

Skunk #2:
    27in

Cheese:
    14in

SS Haze:
    18.5in

So just a question to everyone... I flipped 12/12 on Oct. 20 and the Skunks are about 2 weeks into flowering. I am watering, rotating pots, checking lights and plants daily, looking for problems, and checking fans and temps. Is there anything else I should be doing?

More potato cam pics. I was too high and forgot to take pics of the Super Silver Haze. How do they look? The one burn spot on Skunk 2 is from a CFL.

Attached Files:

3. First grows are all about learning what not to do. At least mine was! You're doing a great job, man.

4. Thanks man. I have been trying to do things the right way. Been reading and studying up on everything I could for a long time.

Well little update plants are doing OK I think, but I have some of my lower fan leaves dying on one of my skunks.
    They are getting light yellowish/green and went limp. Is it normal in flowering? I think it might be a Nitrogen deficiency and Phosphorus deficiency but I don't know. May be its normal for lower leaves to die off... I would love any input on the subject. It's really only on Sunk #1 but I have pulled the bottom leaves off all the plants at different stages for various reasons. These ones I left on for a few days and they just slowly died until this point. All upper and new growth seem fine. Lots of new buds forming, every day they look bigger and hairier.

Soil: FFOF
    Nutes: FF Tiger Bloom and FF Big bud. Did a couple MG doses and then switched and did 1 dose full strength FF products.
    Water: 1-2 times a week
    Lights: CFLs and Floros 12/12
    Temp: 72 at pot level and 76 at main colas near lights
    Effected area: Lower 2 sets of fan leaves on Skunk #1, All new growth is nice and green no problems.
    Growth: Plants aren't growing vertically much anymore but bud growth is going nicely.
    Pests: None that I can find or see. I inspect plants, grow space, and soil daily and very closely.
    No roots showing out of bottom of the pots.

Thanks in advance for any input

Attached Files:

5. That first picture of the lower fan leaves look like they're just not getting enough light. I think you'll find training your plants on your next round will help your light reach more of the plant. This let it grow au natural thing is for HID and outdoor. Us closet LED and CFL guys gotta learn to train to get the best out of our space and light.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

6. Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that as well. I know I don't have much for lights. Next go I will be using bigger pots and LST from the start. Also Im hoping to get better lights and maybe do a outdoor next summer as well.

7. I noticed a huge difference when I got my led

Sent from my HTC0P4E1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Well Flipped the lights 4 weeks ago. It's a weird feeling like I started so long ago but at the same time it seems like they grow so fast. I think I maybe just smoke too much :bongin:

Official measurements
    Height
    Skunk #1:
    34in

Skunk #2:
    27.5in Topped

Cheese:
    16.5in

SS Haze:
    20.5in

Everything looks good. I lost some of the lower fan leaves but everything looks alright otherwise. I gave them their 2nd dose of the FF nutes at full strength. I split 1 gallon between all four plants and they were totally dry before watering. Temp has been a bit lower since it has been cold as hell the last couple days. It's 72f at the base of the plants and about 75f near the lights during the day light cycle. I don't know what the night temp is I always forget to look in the middle of the night.

Here are the new potato cam pics. The bud shots are of Skunk #1 and #2. And here's a chart I made when I was bored too.

Attached Files:

9. You're doing pretty good for just CFLs! I can't wait to see how much the buds fill out.

P.S. I laugh every time I read "potato cam".

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

10. #50 mrfett3463, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
    Thanks. I'm hoping they will fill in more too. I still have a while left. I'm guessing the skunks maybe ready for Christmas and the others after new years so there's still time. I know I will have enough buds that for as cheap as I am going it should be worth it and a cool learning experience as well. I've always liked plants.

I laughed so hard the first time I read it somewhere too.

Attached Files:

11. Wednesday Update :smoking:

Everything is still good. Still losing some of my lower leaves but everything looks fine otherwise. No water tonight they are all still moist. The temps have been 74ish all day. Not gonna measure them tonight, I know they haven't grown much in height but I am getting bigger buds everyday, plus my back hurts.

So being at this point should I be doing anything more then I am? Right now I water, check temps, feed as directed, make sure the lights are working, rotate and move them around, keep the fan running, anything else?

Freshly taken pics:
    Garden
    Skunk #1
    Skunk #2
    Super Silver Haze
    Cheese (the runt... and the one I paid for lol)

Attached Files:

12. Most definitely will! I used to use that stuff back in the day, had tons of success. My lil bro uses tiger bloom from start to finish at 3 TBS per gallon. Grows some monsters!

Beautiful plants, fantastic!

I agree. As Nicholas Cage would say, "Superb!" XD

13. Walked into the house this evening and could smell the ladies as soon as I walked in. Suggestions? I was thinking Ona Gel but I've never used it. How good does it work? I can't really do a carbon filter just because my box isn't fully inclosed. Next grow I'm hoping to have a tent and or grow outdoors.

A couple crappy night pics for you from the Potato cam. Had to over expose them too. Theses pics are so bad. But the plants are getting nice and sugary :bongin:
    Skunk #1 and Super Silver Haze

Attached Files:

14. Finally had a chance to get some pics with a real camera. They aren't the best but way better then what I was taking.

Really nothing to update on the plants. All growing good. Still pulling a leaf or two off a day that's dead at the base. All new growth looks good. Last water had no nutes, next will have them. All the buds are getting big and starting to smell good. I went and bought a can of Ozium and a Citrus Odor Gel too for $9. They have pretty much stopped growing in height.

Height
    Skunk #1:
    34in

Skunk #2:
    27.75in Topped

Cheese:
    17.75in

SS Haze:
    21.5in

Here are the new pics. Since I had the chance I went kind of pic crazy.

Attached Files:

15. girls are looking sexy no doubt

16. They sure do look good.  I am curious how well the gel works. They may flower for 8 more weeks 
    Will the gel last that long and what smell does the gel have?

Thanks guys :bongin:

No, the gel won't last that long. I think the label said something like 4 weeks, but I'm guessing it will be gone sooner. I was just needing something and I couldn't find Ona Gel local. It's just one of those round gels that they use for like RVs. I got it at Walmart for like $4 in the Automotive section. Seems to be working pretty good along with the Ozium. Way better then it was. I don't mind the smell but it's not something I can have stinking up the house, and now it you cant really smell it.

18. Nothing really to update. Just a couple pics.

Attached Files:

19. Happy Turkey day everyone! Stay high, full, and safe.

20. Hey bro!
    Happy thanksgiving!
    [​IMG]

hope your day is blessed and safe
    ~ poke