Theres a skunk in the closet (My First Grow, CFL)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mrfett3463, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Yeah the Skunks are kinda spindly with that Christmas tree shape. I was thinking about LST a bit to bend them over a bit. Is it too late with them being in early flowering? I need to read up on LST more.

Here's some more pics that show the plants better as a whole.

Official measurements
    Height
    Skunk #1:
    28.5in

Skunk #2:
    23.5in

Cheese:
    11.5in

SS Haze:
    15.25in

Attached Files:

2. Lst them. Theyll double and/or triple yield. I started in cfls. Trust me dude. :smoke:

Looks good though!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks man.

So what do you think, start tying the top over? and what about all the branches?

If I bent it over in a arc, would the section at the top of the arc become the new top colas?

Also since I'm into flowering already should I remove anything to allow better light penetration? Or for LST? I pulled the first set of leaves off them already due to dying/more room to water.

4. This is what youre goin for
    [​IMG]
    Heres a link to how its done my way
    http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-grow-journals/1280361-1200w-underground-jungle-hydro.html?p=19862000

Step by step with full explanation!

I wouldnt be doin this in flower. I bend the plants as soon as theyre about four inches tall. We'll get her next time round bud!

5. Thanks. I've seen that pic before. Great plant :bongin:

I was just kinda going Au Naturel for my first grow but now kinda running outta space height-wise.

I was hoping to have a couple plants on the next go to learn how to LST and veg them way longer as well. Im hoping to have LEDs and a tent for the next grow.

6. Im goin leds my next grow too via advancedled sponsorship :metal:

Tbh, ive never grown a straight plant lol

Only bushes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nice I hope you keep us posted. Would love to follow.

Im thinking if I start to run out of room I'll just bend them a little with some tie downs.

Next time is LST for sure. This was a quick, super small budget thing. Gonna have some spending $ next time. I would love to get close to 2oz dried from these 4 plants but we will see...

8. Hell yeah man. When youre ready to do some lst hit me up and ill walk ya through it, sub and make sure you get the most for your money. 2oz is entirely possibly! Ill definitely keep you updated brother! Im excited to see what can be done with leds!

Yeah tie downs will work. When mine grew too tall in flower i always pinched the stem and grew them sideways. Not the prettiest sight but we're after quality and yield, least I am :smoke:

Have a good night dude! :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Not much to report on right now.

They seem to not be growing tall as fast but I am getting major flowers started on 20-75% of the plant depending on the plant. My Skunk #1 has pistols even on the 2nd to bottom branches. The room has been staying like 76F during the lights on cycle. I haven't looked at the drop in temp lately but I don't think its too much. I also need to work on scent control too. They are staring to smell good :bongin:

• Like Like x 2
  10. subbed, good luck and can't wait to see more  :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  11. A couple new potato cam pics. My guard cat on duty and a pic of flower growth on skunk #1

All the plants look good. Some have little things going on like a couple spots on a leaf or bottom first leaves died off or a burn from a light but nothing I am concerned with. All new growth is happy and healthy. I feel if I go messing with things I might just make problems. Still keeping it simple and letting nature do her work.

Been pretty lucky so far on my first grow. All the seed sprouted, vegged nice, no pest so far, no major deficiencies, 4 out of 4 females, and no major temp issues, and all on a super budget. I'm $74 in so not bad. I did break some lights because of my ghetto set up and knocking the light over but I had extra bulbs.

BTW the lights were put on 12/12 Oct 20th

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  12. #32 New Destination, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2014
    Looks good, Im loving that first pic :)

13. Thanks, I wish I had a better cam. I take 20 pics and 4 are half useable lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. $74... not too shabby

• Like Like x 1
  15. I figure, even if for some reason I only get a OZ from 4 plants, ($74 + electricity) it will still be cheaper then what I can buy a OZ for. But I think I will get more then a OZ and I will also have all the trim and I'm thinking about making a little butter or oil to make some goodies with.

16. amen broheem

17. Thanks brother, I sincerely appreciate the support! Expectin nice yields now!

Bring on the leds :devious:

18. Pre-Weekend Update :bongin:

Official measurements
    Height
    Skunk #1:
    31in

Skunk #2: 2 tops
    25.5in

Cheese:
    12.5in

SS Haze:
    17in

We will see how big they are Monday and what kind of flower growth I get. I also watered them all with 1/2 strength nutes.

Attached Files: