Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Crohns disease experiences (also loss of appetite/nausea)

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Rhymesayers420, Oct 6, 2014.

Dude I'm right there with ya man... I use about a gram or so a day of herb and some wax here or there to break it up. How are you ingesting your tincture? Is it a low enough ratio? I find tinctures very subpar lots of the time so I too am trying to find answers to your questions. I did find a weed delivery service that sells strong rice krispie edibles for $5 each (and I cut them in fours, sometimes I take a corner in the morning, but DEFINITELY at night). I think the biggest issue I've run into with making edibles and tinctures is that you need to be sure of the decarboxylation status of your starting material. If it's already half-way converted to THC from THCa, then running a full decarb will throw it into overdrive and produce some CBN (NIGHT NIGHT).
    Edibles and tinctures... : [​IMG]

2. Yes I have crohns as I said in my first post. I don't know if any specific strains have helped more than another? Indicas definitely help more than sativas though. I try to go for 80/20 indica:sativa hybrids if possible. I've had G4, G.C, sour willie and Death Star so far. The SW was a sativa dominant hybrid and it was my least favorite. I found out that oil realllllllly helps too. Kills my throat and hate the next morning though (if I don't get 10+ hours sleep not worth smoking it to me)

I also made tea in 45 minutes with just butter, water and half a gram of some nasty weed. It like popped when I smoked it and while it was boiling. I drank a cup of that (half) and my insides felt wonderful for 4-5 hours

3. ACDC all day longggggggg!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

4. Sorry about that... I was really high haha. If you live in a med state you should try some CBD strains... It's worth a shot? I like the tea idea... Maybe some kief mixed with some coconut oil and decarbed? Sounds wonderful. +1 sir

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412989286.862911.jpg

6. Yes! Ive been trying to kick combustion and only vape but just struggle so much! Recently Ive started dabbing to help instead of combusting 2 sometimes 3 small bowls. Has anyone with Chrons gone the "fuck combustion" route and seen results regarding digestive? I have an SSV I got directly from Steve at Higher Elevations Masterpiece Productions and I love it, but just can't get it to rip like combustion does... First hand results may be just what I need to fully kick combustion as I know it does cause complications. ABV just irritates me that Im not getting evetything when I vape...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Well I've accepted that what used to feel normal will never come back. So it makes taking strains that do the job really well as is with 30% thc seem like the better option than high CBD strains if even regular weed could calm my stomach as much as the 30% strains do. Unless the cbds are prolonged relief after the high wears off? Idk.
    Also to whoever wanted to stop smoking, buy a pax. 270$ well spent imo. I use mine everyday and it has a 10 year warranty so until that company goes out of business you're pretty much covered. I didn't think vaping dry bud would work after I bought some shitty pen vape for 90$, but it gets me rightfully medicated every time

8. Hungry but don't want to eat...  :mellow:

9. #49 Rhymesayers420, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2014

I think that with Crohn's, smoking inevitably makes your symptoms worst. That's the problem with smoking herb. It relieves your symptoms but if you're smoking it, it's not helping any to put it into remission (at least how I understand it). I used to be anal about my ABV but honestly, if you're using a good vape at the right temp, most of the beneficial cannabanoids are already gone from the material. CBD and THC both evaporate well under 400 degrees (F) so there's no issue there. If the ABV thing irritates you, then grind it really find and make something with it but don't strain it out. It'll be nasty but it's already decarbed and will definitely have an effect. I ate like 4 grams of ABV one time in cereal and passed out for like 10 hours. I, like you, have started dabbing as well and I've come to this conclusion: I will mostly use dabs at home and on the go (I bought a new handy dandy vape pen) but vape CBD herb intermittently to effectively combat further inflammation.

I've also started a Juice Plus, apple cider vinegar, and B12 regimen and will stay disciplined to follow through with it so I can post some results for you guys. I'm ready to wage a natural war with this disease.

EDIT: I am taking dicyclomine a couple times a day but ultimately it's the lesser of evils with drugs for Crohn's or IBD and I'm hoping I won't need to take it if my body responds well to supplement and proper nutrition as well as a daily CBD intake.

Do you take B12 supplements? I've been reading a lot lately about B12's benefits to the appetite and energy in Crohn's patients.

11. I saved up about half an oz of ABV and mixed it in with probably half oz of mids and made some really intense brownies. lol Almost too intense, but after I ate one, I shortly felt relief. So I think the ABV thing is more or less trial and error. Given that I usually vape on a low temp usually 375* so that obviously is a factor. 

12. Yeah, I take a multi-vitamin everyday. Supplementing is important to me because it's hard getting all of the vitamins we need thru diet, since we have to pick around certain foods that negatively alter our symptoms. I try to get what I can thru diet, but a lot comes through that multi-vitamin. 

For me since I usually vape on 400, my ABV is dark brown so it's a hassle for me to mess with it. Plus weed already makes me tired as is, ABV puts me to night night. Now that I've been using a rig more often than not, I definitely look forward to making tinctures with my reclaim! 

I like to vape on lower temps when I'm with my girl and we're doing something because I feel like the higher temps (such as 400 vs 375) give a more stoney effect. When I vape at like 375 like you said, it tends to be less lethargic. Although I'm still too lazy to save it. Who knows? We just moved into our own place so maybe I'll have to in order to save some money.

14. What kind of vape do you use?

15. #55 Rhymesayers420, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2014

I have a MFLB but to be honest, it's not what I need. It's great for discreet situations but with the batteries and the charging and constant bowl changing and dusting it can be time consuming. I also have a No2 Vapir and mostly use that now with herb. I know it doesn't vape like a volcano would but I can throw this bad boy against the wall while it's on, pick it up, and hit it. It's that durable. And it has a digital temperature read so that's chill. I just bought a new rig and a vape pen so I probably won't be buying a new vape anytime soon... although I know...

I want one.

EDIT:
    Just because I like your profile pic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5vw4ajnWGA

16. You like the No2 huh? Ive been wanting to add another portable to the collection. Right now I've been switching things up between my mflb, pax and solo. I like them all but all have their cons as well. I like my solo the best tho, 7 different heat settings and all glass vapor path, makes for a nice sesh every time.

17. After I saw this post I looked up a review on the solo. Seems nice but I notice two things I might not like....

A very restrictive air path
    Can't use it while charging ?

The downsides for the No2 is that it stays constantly on so you have to sesh when it's ready and not forget about it so your herb doesn't cook.

It also has a pretty harsh taste to it. I'm sure that's due to the fact it's made out of some sort of metal and high grade polycarbonate. Like comparing hitting a metal pipe to a glass one. But this thing is so durable, i even use it in the shower sometimes (gotta be careful obviously). You can also use it while charging. I'm looking at that other box vape called the firewood or something like that? Seems pretty chill.

18. The newer models you can use it while charging but it is not advised as some have claimed battery issues when using it that way. The air resistance isn't a big deal to me. When you take a draw, it feels like your not getting anything, but you're actually getting a good amount of vapor, and you see that on the exhale every time. 

The firewood would be worth looking into. I've heard good things about it. 

19. Hi guys... just an update.

Been trying to steer clear of carbonation and red meat... I've noticed some serious pain with carbonated drinks (similar to when I eat too much too fast) and heavy bloating with red meat.

I don't wanna sound like a hippie but I've also been taking 3 different kinds of juice plus for about a week straight and I feel like I notice a difference. My bowel movements are bigger and less frequent (gross I know but we talking about Crohn's, get over it!), which is good for the D side of things.

I have, however, been drinking kinda heavily this last week. Lots of pressure right now. I'ma be chill and me and my wife are doing good, it's just a bit overwhelming right now in terms of time management. I find myself drinking more often nowadays and that's not good. I've been dabbing mostly for the pain and find that for now it has cut my costs and provides good relief fairly quickly. I just feel like I'm taking 5 steps forward and 10 back with the alcohol. Any thoughts guys?

20. Alcohol can be okay in moderation.. especially for the average joe, but we have crohn's so we have to be extra careful.

Maybe set some sort of little goal or steps to accomplish
    For example: maybe try to only drink on certain days (Weekends, Days that football is on, Monday nights, etc..) or maybe try to cut out spirits and just stick to beer or wine.

If  I ever drink I'm only drinking beer, and I'm not drinking to get drunk, I'm drinking to socialize.