Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Crohns disease experiences (also loss of appetite/nausea)

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Rhymesayers420, Oct 6, 2014.

1. It's weird because I never really have before. Then my older bro who also has Crohns starting getting the eczema on his arms then shortly after him, I started noticing it too.

I got it under control though, it's starting to go away. I just gotta keep the unneeded stress outta my life. Everything will be okay.  :bongin:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGYAAsHT4QE[/media]

2. #362 Rhymesayers420, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015

to be honest, this sounds weird but I always thought I had jock itch but now that you mention rashes and eczema and stuff... I do think that the rashes on the inside of my legs have stayed consistently bad since the general time period I was diagnosed with crohn's...

could have something to do with it... I've heard skin problems and eye problems aren't that uncommon for people with crohn's (my step-mom is an optometrist and knows quite a bit on the subject) 

either way, good tune for me to dab to, thanks man! haha... 

3. Our immune systems out of whack with Crohn's being an auto-immune disease and all.. 

So really it's no surprise all these "little side problems" we have to deal with. I just try to get all my vitamins everyday to give some sort of aid. 

4. #364 calikevin87, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2015
    Haha, your ignorance is hilarious, you comparing migraine pain to the pain induced by a severe Crohn's flare. I'm not saying our pain is any worse, no one ever did, it's simply a different type of pain, but just as debilitating if not more so. How long do your migraines last, sometimes a few hours? A flare can last days to weeks, and recovering from one can take months on end. There is just no point in comparing levels of pain, is that really a contest worth having?

The only way IBD and IBS are similar to Crohns is the fact that they all affect the gastrointestinal tract, but they all have their own unique symptoms. One thing that really irks me as well is when people try to compare their pain to mine or downplay my pain as if it's not as bad as I say it is when I need to go to the hospital for 2-5 days. I'm pretty sure that's all anyone was trying to say to you, not that you don't have your own problems and your own pain... Just that this isn't necessarily the thread for you to discuss it in.

On topic, last day of steroids after my last flare on Super Bowl Sunday, also took my first Humira shot since then as well as starting Imuran a few days ago. Hope all goes well, I haven't used Mercaptopurine or anything like Imuran in years now.

5. #365 Tammm, Mar 2, 2015

Ranting huh?

Well, just so you know, or wait you don't, migraines are one form of pain, Crohn's comes with various other pain symptoms, if you are not interested in discussing Crohn's or if you're not open to having an adult discussion, by all means begin your own thread or discussion elsewhere perhaps?

There is no competition as far as the research that you've done, and received, compared to lifestyles and research that others have to share. Did you also find the probiotics that would help your SIBO? Just something you may also want to look up.

Anyway, if you're here to share information about Crohn's and your experience with the disease, perfect, but if you're here to claim that biopsies and x-rays and scientific proof is not real, then honey, please consult with your doctor about your unhappiness with his lack of research and work, you are not dense enough to think that all doctors operate the same, are you? please come here, with an open mind, as we are all here to communicate about the disease in a useful manner, not a bashful one.

It's not about pity, it's about mere understanding for one another, you may not know what a Crohn's flare feels like, ever, and if that's the case, be thankful, but don't bash someone's disability or compare it to another. Learn, share, and keep humanity in mind overall.

All in all, we're here to help if any other confusion or concern should arise.

6. Guys, I appreciate the zeal to your posts but when these guys have posted so long ago, it only stirs up old controversy that could otherwise be laid to rest. Positive input from personal experience is what keeps this thread beneficial for others like us; not arguing with one another.

7. Yea I completely agree, and didn't see that he hadn't replied much after that until after I had replied. Luckily it was kept clean, I was just flabbergasted by some of the comments and had to say my piece before adding my personal experience.

Also, Tammm is my girlfriend, who has lived by my side for the last few years, if anyone has any impartial but first hand experience, it's her.. she doesn't have Crohns but has seen what I have to deal with over the course of time.

8. I have to go in and meet with my GI every 6 months. I got an appointment scheduled towards the end of April.

There's only one GI hospital in the whole state so I have to drive 3 1/2 hours one way to get to his office. It will be cool though, gives me a good excuse to go on a road trip and hit up the big city. I just hope he doesn't want to take "another look" anytime soon. Man I hate colonoscopies I feel like I can wait another year or so for my next one. 

How often do you guys get scopes?

haha I hear you man... it is frustrating for sure. 

and as for your G/F...

without my wife, I definitely would have a much harder time...
    she 100% supports and understands me and my disease and it's so nice when someone is always in your corner...
    when we go out to eat, it's like she's more concerned about me then I am haha!

10. #370 Rhymesayers420, Mar 2, 2015

dang man, which big city?
    I just had my first one like 6 months ago...
    fortunately for me my GI doctor is walking distance :p I'm sure they'll do a colonoscopy once I start experiencing long time remission (more then a month, I think)
    I'm pretty sure I'm gonna ask for entocort the next time I come in though considering Pentasa is only doing some benefit not a lot.

11. All better for the most part now! I love antibiotics. Be careful who you share germs with if you take Humira, it's been a noticeable change in my immune strength.

I had a scope last January (last year) to get diagnosed and I'm having one this month or next, was supposed to be in January but I felt like it would be a waste of money. My doctor wanted to look and see why I have stomach pains from Crohn's, but I feel like they will be there after my next colonoscopy until my Crohn's is under control so what's the point? I know a year after you start Humira my doctor said its common to get checked to see the effect it's had on everything. That sucks crony, that's a far ass drive for an appointment, mine is 2 miles from my house. My dad has had like 6-10 scopes (while awake and asleep) majorly invasive and not majorly invasive recently so they really aren't that big of a deal guys lol. The prep sucks though

12. #372 Mister Meaner, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
    Hey all. Just saw this and thought I'd chime in. I was diagnosed about 6 years ago. A moderate case. They had me taking 12 asacol/day for the first few years and it cut down on my flare ups quite a bit, but I was still getting about 1 a month, and didn't really help my nausea or appetite. I started smoking shortly after that when I left the military. I wasn't planning on making it a regular thing. I just did it because I wasn't being drug tested anymore, and someone offered.
    Weed changed everything.
    Now I'm on Apriso. I still flare up mildly once or twice a year, but, I can maintain my weight. I enjoy food again, and my general outlook on life has vastly improved. I just got roto-rootered last Friday for the umpteenth time, but with the best results yet. I know correlation isn't causation, but the more I smoke/vape the healthier my intestines seem to get.
    One question though. Does anyone else on Apriso or asacol get migraines if you miss a dose or get off schedule? If I forget the pills in the morning or take them too late, I'll be incapacitated by 2pm. Just wondering. I mentioned it to my doc and he seemed surprised.

13. Welcome to the club, sucks to hear about the migraines though. It's been years and years since I was on asacol but I don't remember having migraines when missing a dose or started taking them later in the day. Is the Apriso another type of pill just like the asacol where you take a bunch throughout the day? Maybe it's time to talk to your doctor about an anti-inflammatory that's administered differently, like Humira or Remicade if you haven't already... Humira has worked great for me for about 4 years but within the last year or so I've had flares a bit more often. Probably diet related though.

14. Apriso is the same active ingredient as asacol. Just a better time release formula so you only take it in the AM. I'm happy with how well it works, and as long as I don't sleep in to late or forget, I'm fine. I used to get the migraines with asacol too, sometimes just from starting a different batch. Splitting the dose between the old batch and the new batch for a few days helped a lot. It isn't a big enough deal to change entirely. I was just curious about similar experiences.

15. Hi,

First off, I do not have chrons. So take my words with a grain of salt. Please do not take offense!

However, I've been "diagnosed" with IBS. However, I don't believe that's even a syndrome or disease itself, rather a symptom. I believe I picked up a parasite on some caps a while back. You'd be surprised how common it is. IBS is such a crapshoot diagnosis!

The liver flushes have apparently helped a lot of people. I've only done one myself, as they are a pain in the ass lol I didn't feel a difference, but your supposed to keep doing them

Medical MJ does alleviate my symptoms as well though. Looking into edibles myself, or RSO

16. hey guys how's everybody doing? sorry I haven't chimed in here in a while... kinda started growing and it took up a lot of my time here on GC :p now that the seeds have hit soil and I got all my equipment up, it's a lot less work and research now.

my symptoms have been remissive lately (thankfully!)
    seems the pentasa is work slowly but surely..
    I would ask my doctor about a steroid but as is I'm trying to get approved for shire's assistance program and entocort is mad expensive and I'd rather not take prednisone yet.

anyway, hope everyone else is doing well ! [​IMG]

17. #377 njnerd, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    Prednisone had no side effects for me personally, I took it for 2-3 months before I started Humira.

It seems like as every few weeks go by my body feels better overall so I'm guessing that Humira and like $3500 worth of weed has helped tremendously in the last 6 months. Warmer weather sticking around here too so feeling good in jersey.
    Good luck with your grow, hopefully it will be legal here sometime and I can bring a sort of dream to reality for myself

18. You don't need to clean you liver. The whole purpose of a liver is to rid our body of toxins, which it does EXTREMELY well unless you drown it in so much alcohol that it can't function. You are spouting pseudoscience. 

19. Quit quoting posts that were made months ago.. We don't want them coming back hahaha.

I've been doing okay as of late. Still getting my skin issues all under control, I'm clearing up nicely though. Crohns symptoms have been minimal for months so I'm doing okay as far as that goes. Weather is starting to get nice here, so I think I have that to attribute to my feelings of content right now. 

Hope everyone is well. [​IMG]

20. Hello! I don't have Crohns, but deal with other GI issues and find it extremely interesting reading how you all deal with it with cannabis, vitamins, juicing and pills.. You never know when someone in your life is gonna be affected by something like this, so I'm reading up on it :) I'm not diagnosed or anything, but like what probiotics does to my general wellbeing if I take it consistently along with smoking in the am or consuming some edibles(although they can put me on my ass..)