Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Crohns disease experiences (also loss of appetite/nausea)

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Rhymesayers420, Oct 6, 2014.

1. There Is No thc content in the seeds and you wont get high youll be fine for drug tests

2. Enjoy the benefits of shelled hemp seed 1420823975635.jpg

3. I do have to go on a Tbreak here soon guys. I'll probably have to lay off the MJ for maybe up to 2 months. 

Before this happens I want to look into aromatherapy blends. There are so many herbal remedies that are available to buy in bulk. 

I am really looking into Chamomile, Ginseng, and Aloe Vera. I think these would work really well in my vaporizer. Along with the aromatherapy blends, I am also looking into drinkable tea forms of these herbs. Although I have never heard of Aloe Vera tea, I'm sure it is out there somewhere. 

All of these appear to have natural anti inflammatory benefits that could help with Crohns... Any of you guys have experience with herbal blends? 

Here is the website I am planning on ordering from: 

https://www.mountainroseherbs.com/catalog/herbs/bulk

4. Chaga mushroom -

http://www.integrativehealthinstitute.ca/chaga-mushroom-magic/

Hope you guys don't mind these references to the things I come across in my readings.  My wife went through a very serious illness, which has lead me to this kinda inquiry.

5. They do make aloe vera juice its ok kinda bitter

this may sound ignorant (don't know the science behind it) but it seems like when you eat Cannabis it really "coats" the tract better. Or metabolizes in a way that has stronger anti-inflammatory characteristics? IDK but I do know that I don't need to be "high" off of Cannabutter like I do with herb/dabs to feel strong enough medicinal effects.

7. #307 Rhymesayers420, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015

EDIT: scratch the kava, just did some research... doesn't seem very healthy
    natural herbs definitely have a place in your vape!
    I would say do some research (looks like you've done a lot already) and get a regimen going...
    curious to hear your results!

8. The Magic Flight website has some really nice herbal aromatherapy blends. I also need to let you guys know about this, it has been my savior the last few years since I generally wake up and go half the day without any sort of appetite or desire to eat. I started drinking VegaOne vanilla chai plant-based nutrition shakes and has been having one every morning or afternoon since. It really helps to just get something in your stomach to get your metabolism going for the day but it has been really effective for me. It comes in different flavors too but I prefer the vanilla chai myself.

Attached Files:

9. I agree. If I eat a brownie it usually takes longer to work, but it works great and it lasts for a long time. Drinking canna-oil (weed infused vegetable oil idk the proper term) gives me a head rush within seconds and I can literally feel different parts of my gi tract absorb it and I usually don't get as high eating raw oil but it works a lot faster than a brownie and it gives me a good functional high school even though I cooked it with him indicas. I'm stoked to get my empty gel caps soon, I have an ounce of vaped bud to cook. I'm thinking of the equivalent of 1-2 brownies throughout the day everyday + my normal vaping should help a significant amount

10. These herbs are so cheep too! lol.. 4 oz of chamomile for $6.50

I wish bud prices were like that.

:laughing:  

11. Might be a dumb question but would using these herbs in my vaporizer be a bad idea? 

I mean I have been using my Mighty vaporizer for MJ use exclusvely, do you think whatever remaining residue would make me fail a drug test? lol 

12. Maybe, it's trace amounts you'd be getting with whatever else you are vaping so likely not unless they're testing to see if there's any thc at all rather than if there's a set minimum amount that makes you fail drug tests. That sucks you can't smoke though, I've never had a job where I was drug tested.
    Unrelated to this but I FINALLY made canna caps and I've been taking 6-10 a day and I feel way better all the time. 1 cup of vegetable oil makes around 250 caps for me and the other night I cooked 2 cups by accident instead of 1 with 11g of vaped weed. Significantly less strong than my first batch of pills that were black in color as opposed to a darker vegetable oil color from the second batch. Anyway, fuck brownies, it's so much easier to swallow a couple pills every few hours. I vape enough to take like 20 caps a day if I really wanted to, but I think that's a litttle excessive

yes, I would clean it out before using again for different herbs.
    I would assume you would fail a drug test; i'm sure you'll realize that the first time you catch a "buzz" with your natural herbs :p

hey Crony, have you taken pentasa before?

14. #314 Crony, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
    I'll probably just buy a new cooling unit for my Mighty and give the chamber part a good ISO clean. I'm sure I would be okay then.. I don't like the idea of having to lay off the herb for a while, but I will be fine. I really need this job, I will be making almost twice the hourly rate of what I'm making now. And besides it's only a pre employment basis, unless I end up doing something stupid and getting hurt while working. 

Never taken Pentasa before, but I have taken Lialda. Which is basically the same thing, both have the anti-inflammatory Meslamine to help treat the inflammation. Never gave me any problems. Imuran is the one that that landed me in the hospital though, I can never take that again. 

15. man am i in pain right now.... right around the belly button area hard pressure got me feeling like i need to take a dump but like to the point of wanting to throw up...

sweats on the throne and everything.
    fuck

16. Man I am feeling fantastic..

A few months ago I had a huge acne problem from what I was guessing was caused by the imbalance of healthy flora in my gut.. 

I seeked help from a dermatologist and he prescribed a very very low dosage of an antibiotic. I was weary at first, but he explained that it is such a low dosage that it would really act as an anti inflammatory and slowly kill the acne bacteria over time. He warned me to expect the acne to come back after I discontinued it. Took it daily for 8 weeks and it cleared me right up. I was nervous that the acne would come back and I thought okay, well the antibiotic killed the bacteria that was causing the acne, maybe a probiotic will help my skin to continue healing and clearing up. I started taking a probiotic right after I discontinued my antibiotic. It has been about 4 weeks now with the probiotic and not only has my face cleared up and continues to look good, but I can truly say that I feel much better overall. I think the probiotic is doing a really good job at helping replenish the good bacteria our bodies need and I feel like my immune system has really received an added boost from this.

Just thought I would share that with you guys. 

17. Just went and saw a dietitian today.

She hooked me up with a bunch of aloe vera concentrate and these dietary fiber supplements.

I think I'm starting to knock this crohns shit outta the park, guys.  No illness is stronger than we are damn it. 

18. Thanks for pointing me towards this thread, Crony. I have been diagnosed with Crohn's for about 17 years. My disease has been in "remission" (if you can call it that) for several years, with only a few minor flare ups, usually after a night of binge drinking and chain smoking (don't do this so much anymore..).

Anyway just wanted to introduce myself. 17 years of experience with this horrible disease, and several years of research I am willing to answer questions for anyone if I can.

19. Welcome.  :wave:

Curious of what kinds of remedies you have tried over the years. What has worked for you?

Are you a medical user? What kinds of strains do you use? 

20. Not a medical user. It's not really prescribed much around here. Doc said smoke it if it helps but he can't prescribe it to me.

I'm on a very low dose of Imuran, and this seems to work for me, although bud is the only thing that helps when I have a flare up. I don't like the possible side effects of being on an immunosuppressive, but it beats the hell out of dealing with the pain and nausea.

Also avoiding any foods with seeds, grains, and nuts helps. These seem to be my worst triggers. Id say the key to coping is identifying your triggers and cut them out of your diet/life. This is more of a long term thing, though, because it can take years to identify everything that causes flare ups.