Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Crohns disease experiences (also loss of appetite/nausea)

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Rhymesayers420, Oct 6, 2014.

1. #241 Crony, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
    Are you guys still coffee drinkers? 

I kicked the caffeine a few months ago and was going a long just nicely, but then this week I had to be up early for finals, so I grabbed a red bull at the gas station... Wasn't a good idea, I woke up this morning and my piss was like gold... not good. I'm chugging bottles of water right now..

I'm looking for alternatives to caffeine to help give an added boost of energy in the morning.. I already take b vitamin supplements but I'm looking for something I can drink maybe to give an added boost.. I have been trying to look into certain types of teas. Green tea and Ginseng tea really stand out. 

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ginsing

• Like Like x 2
  3. i drink coffee... i usually react badly when i do but i think it's mostly due to dehydration.

ginseng works great... we actually have these crystal light mix-in things that makes raspberry green tea and it has ginseng in it;
    I would say i definitely feel less chaotic in the stomach region when i drink that as opposed to coffee.

4. I made the mistake and got a red bull the other day because I was having a long day and needed a kick me up... Well I felt like I took a bunch of drugs, guts felt like they were rotting from the inside out and my piss was gold haha. Never again

Found out my biopsy shows signs of colitis, but nothing else to show what could be causing me so much pain... This really is a battle lol. Hopefully my first attempt at growing my own medicine will be cured by next week to help control the flare ups

5. #245 †TheGrow†, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
    Try any tea without caffeine and go from there. Personally I like Camomile the best. You could also try loose leaf tea, it's more expensive(priced like bud) but very good and worth it.
    EDIT: Heres a link check it out http://www.adagio.com/

• Like Like x 2
  6. So anyone have a good way to control their flare ups? For the past 2 days there have been a good amount of blood when wipping back there. Granted I did have taco bell a few days ago which i know isn't good. I am still new and learning how to control this disease.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I find a nice big bowl in my vape turned up slightly higher will reduce the inflammation in my intestines, thus reducing my pain a good deal for about an hour or two. Nothing I have tried stops the bleeding though, I feel like a woman sometimes! Try cutting out fast food, you'll feel so much better if you even just make the tacos yourself at home, still not the healthiest of choices but I find its way better than eating out!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rhyme, Humira isn't that painful to take, you only have to do your stomach the first 2 or 4 times (all in the same 2 minutes) and after that you're golden. It changed my life within weeks of starting it, but it also has some fucked side effects. Sometimes my feet go completely numb and that's a nervous system side effect of Humira, plus some aggressive ass shoulder acne. I had like 1 pimple max at a time before prednisone/Humira.
    Just wanted to say I ate some gluten free burritos from stop and shop (no dairy In them either but not labelled as dairy free) and I felt fine after eating either, not like eating a normal burrito. I also ate a gluten free dairy free pizza and I didn't feel like I had rocks passing through my body.
    The grow, you're only going to feel as good as the food you eat. Unhealthy meals typically make me feel like shit after. But the more weed I use, the better I feel no matter what I've eaten (haven't tried cheese in months though)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks guys. Like I said I am still getting used to this.

10. Fuck man, prednisone made me break out so bad, I haven't had acne for almost a decade but once I started taking that crap my back and shoulders had hundreds of painful pimples on there for two or three weeks, I had to stop taking it

If gluten and dairy upset your stomach, as awesome as cheese is, it will probably cause some runs lol. I can't cut out cheese I'm addicted, must be the French in me

11. Damn I just get a couple to a few at a time, I have been using some cream every night for a while though, it dries out your skin but it fixed 80% of the issue. Dairy is the hardest thing to cut of my diet but I learned that at no point in time is cheese worth it. I can handle cheese in a Stromboli from this one specific restaurant, but any other kind hurts within 5 minutes of ingestion. Weird lol

12. well my last doctor sucked so hopefully with this one (and it's like 20 mins closer) I'll be able to get on an effective treatment plan. If i don't need humira then fine, if I do then I'll just have my mother-in-law do it for me lol

13. #254 TimothyTheFirst, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2014
    So idk if this thread is good to ask this or not, but how did you guys start to find out you had crohns?

Because my dad has it.  And he said he found out in his early 20s.  I looked up some of the symptoms a while back on webmd and there were a few that it seems like I have...  but you know how the internet is, you could be the healthiest person alive and the internet will have you thinking otherwise if you read too much.

but I'm around that age now and the things that happened every once in a while back when I looked them up have been happening a lot more often over the past few weeks.  Last sunday I threw up a bunch of times, then I was shitting weird all day monday and I've hardly been hungry at all in the 4 days since.  after not eating all day I'd try to eat a normal size meal at dinner the past 3 days and couldn't even finish it.  and I've been getting stomach aches pretty much every night.  and I've been getting that blood that someone mentioned a few posts up.

idk though it might be just some shitty stomach virus or something, so I don't want to make a big deal if it's really nothing.

14. The only way to know for sure is see a GI doctor and explain your symptoms; at that point they'll probably schedule you for a colonoscopy

• Like Like x 1
  15. Good morning guys!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  16. #257 calikevin87, Dec 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
    Man, I've been having a rough year, the last six months I've had an overnight stay every month, spent the night in Kaiser with my girlfriend on her birthday in May, another on 4th of July...  I've been on Humira for the better part of 5 years now and it seemed to be really effective in keeping the Crohn's in remission, but this last year/year and a half it's been getting less and less effective.  The last visit to my doctor we decided to start taking the Humira weekly now so I guess I'll give it a few months to see if it's effective, but just in case has anyone here found any alternatives that work better?  I just saw a commercial for Stelara for plaque psoriasis and I know that a lot of the medications for psoriasis and rhuematoid arthritis can be used in treatment of Crohn's.  I looked it up and found this on the CCFA website, has anyone here maybe tried this yet? http://www.ccfa.org/news/stelara.html Yea the article is old but the information is new to me. 

As far as other treatments, I'm a member of Kushism in Van Nuys and just recently got hooked up on a vape pen/oil cartridge deal for $40, so the Spearhead Cannabis Oil cartidges are my go to right now but I'd like to start using something a little more pure, CBDs and CBNs for targeting cramps pain and nausea.  I was thinking about getting some of this ejmix to mix with some Rick Simpson Oil and use in my vape pen since it's too thick as it comes.  I also like using Kushy Punch in my tea as a nice little supplement, and I've really been meaning to try KulaMed Happy Caps CBD capsules but never have the spare cash for those.

Oh, I've also been trying to eat gluten-free for the past few years but not religiously as I'm not allergic, I'll still indulge here and there on certain pastries or a burrito from time to time, and as long as I don't overdo the gluten, fried, and greasy foods I seem to be able to tolerate it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. #258 Rhymesayers420, Dec 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2014

thanks for your input!
    welcome!

Sorry to hear about your treatments not working out that well...
    When I'm flaring hard I try to stay extremely hydrated, supplement with b-12 and juicing or nutrients thereof, stay away from alcohol & caffeine (I've been hearing a lot lately about the benefits to Yerba Mate so I'ma check that out). Also, though my butter isn't super strong, I've been using my cannabutter in the morning with my "breakfast" and it really makes a difference in my tact throughout the day. If you're in Cali, especially in the LA area, you can find cheap cheap nuggs to make butter with. IMO, it's a night & day difference. It's weird too because I have an extremely high tolerance but even eating an amount of butter that won't get me really high helps tremendously. 

Dabs and vaping are quick immediate forms of relief but with Cannabutter, if you have enough of it, you can stay "medicated" throughout the day and the relief is much stronger even if the high is not.

P.S. I say "Cannabutter" because for me that's the easiest/cheapest way to dose edibles. The absolute best way to dose edibles would be to make your own capsules of oil or buy them from a reliable source.

• Like Like x 1
  18. We have 7 followers on this thread so far and pushing 300 replies! I'm glad to see everyone with similar stomach issues can find some solace and relation here.  :hello:

19. #260 Crony, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2014
    I have been reading up a lot on nutrition and Crohns. 

It's important to understand that Crohn's is far more than a stomach ache, and there's far more to treatment than managing the inflammation. We have to adjust ourselves to aid our flawed GI system in absorbing the proper nutrition one needs on a daily basis. Getting proper nutrition can be especially hard because patients may find themselves having a tough time digesting fresh fruits and veggies the best way to get nutrition, for someone with a healthy digestive system, that is.

That's why I am big into multivitamins. and other nutrition supplements. 

I think a good idea is to set up an appointment with your doctor to test your nutrition levels, to see if you are deficient anywhere. looks like as many as 3/4 of us are vitamin D deficient. Which plays a big role with our immune system, fatigue levels, and emotional health. Now that last part is said to be especially true. Vitamin D has been shown to improve moods and overall feelings of well-being over time. 

• Like Like x 1