Bought a new bong, wanna turn into oil rig, attempt 2

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by DJE6693, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Well this sucks, I spent a good amount of time+research on my last post which wouldn't allow me to post so here's try numbah 2
    ------------------------
    Long time member, first time poster.

I wanna start dabbing or start using bho via vape pen

I recently bought a new peculator bong, from the company REIN (I found nothing about them anywhere on the internets, fake company?)  My other bong http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/medicali-glass-45-mil-beaker-base-bong-14-inch-rasta-label.html#.VDLJiPldX_Y has been hitting me like a ton of bricks when I smoke it; shit's been so harsh, but still fucks me up erry time.

Here is an image of my new one, possibly, if I didn't fuck up the coding.... The bottom part on my bong looks like a saucer with slits running along it, spent $180 on it so I might've been overcharged 
    [​IMG]

Are these the only things I need to convert my non-existent brand bong into an oil rig?

Torch

Nail

Dome

What do these things do, and best type to get, I spent $180 on a non brand bong, so money isn't an issue

I have a lighter I bought since I was 14 in a school trip to Philly, it has a constant flame and isn't airy like a bic lighter. How long of a flame should I need?

Nail... I seen people talk about Quartz and Titanium, what's the difference, and do I season it before use?..... This is just used to pick up the wax and to place in the Dome? Do I heat it before I pick up the wax?

Dome... Same as the nail, Quartz or Titanium, what's the difference.. This is like a slide except for BHO? heat up til red then enjoy?

Seasoning?? if it's metal and I heat it up then dunk it in water, won't it just start cracking? I also seen people say you season it with reclaim which I don't have, and bho, but why waste it if you're not smoking it which leads me to Jelly.... I seen someone season their stuff with Jelly.... How? So I heat it up, drop some jelly, burn it off, repeat?

Two last questions.

This won't destroy my bong due to heat, right? Or should I say fuck this thread and start research on vape pens?

And is $50 a gram  fair?

2. Buy a torch and a domeless male nail, enjoy.

3. Can anyone provide information about the parts, and what I should be looking at when I purchase them?

I'd rather get them asap since the slide that came with the bong was chipped and told by the store to come and trade it for a new one. The longer I wait on this, the longer I wait on a new slide

Can anyone help a stona out?

4. #5 DJE6693, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
    Why do I need the adapter? The slide that fits the bong is a size bigger than 14.5mm regular one, so I guess that's 18.8?

*edited part below*

Is the adapter to be able to reclaim?
    I really don't know shit about dabbing.

5. Most nails fit a male joint, the photo attached has a female joint. Unless you get a domeless nail with a male plug then you have to have the adapter

6. Exactly, thanks for answering him for me quickly. Also DJE to answer another one of your questions, I have no idea if that's the right sized adapter for that specific bong. You'll have to look up the size of the joint on your bong then find an appropriate adapter to fit it that's the same size. I just did a quick google search to show you what you the adapters look like. 

7. Let me help you out.

You need a blow torch. Preferably butane(some people use propane)

You will need a dabber. A dabber is the TI/Glass stick you use to grab your concentrate.

You will need a nail.

Here is where your options come in.

You could get a domeless nail with a male joint that would fit your bong much like your bowl does currently. In which case you will also need a carb cap.

You can get a Dome nail. For this you would need an adaptor like the ones linked to you already. These nails require a dome to regulate the direction of airflow. Otherwise your smoke is going to go everywhere.

Either way, carbing is needed.

If you plan in doing it long term you want to look into a smaller rig with minimal diffusion for best tasteting errl.

Also HE makes great shit! Check out the infinity.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. What yoshytsweak said go with a domeless, i like them best and you wouldnt need a male male adapter. Dont skimp on the nail and get some chi-ti. I can only 100% recommend HE because thats the only TI domless that ive owned just put the piece on it for female rigs and get a carb cap an your good to go. Id try and get a dabber/carb cap combo if you could

9. You fucked up on coding, no way you purchased a $800 toro for $180.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. To convert your bong to an oil rig all you need to do is buy a "highly educated" infiniti nail which can fit a male or female joint. This is a domeless nail so you dont need a dome but you do need a carb cap. I would advise getting a highly educated titanium dabber.

NOW I WILL CORRECT YOUR SEVERLY WRONG KNOWLEDGE.

1. I have a lighter I bought since I was 14 in a school trip to Philly, it has a constant flame and isn't airy like a bic lighter. How long of a flame should I need?

1a. No you need a torch a lighter will not work. Go to bed bath and beyond and buy the creme brulee torch for $30 and a couple refil cans of butane.

2. Nail... I seen people talk about Quartz and Titanium, what's the difference, and do I season it before use?..... This is just used to pick up the wax and to place in the Dome? Do I heat it before I pick up the wax?

2a. You are confusing a dabber with a nail. A nail is what you heat up and place your concentrate on to smoke.

3. Dome... Same as the nail, Quartz or Titanium, what's the difference.. This is like a slide except for BHO? heat up til red then enjoy?

3a. Once again you are confused. The dome is the glass attatchment that slides over your standard nail to help trap in the vapor/smoke (you don't need if you have a domeless nail.)

4. Seasoning?? if it's metal and I heat it up then dunk it in water, won't it just start cracking? I also seen people say you season it with reclaim which I don't have, and bho, but why waste it if you're not smoking it which leads me to Jelly.... I seen someone season their stuff with Jelly.... How? So I heat it up, drop some jelly, burn it off, repeat?

4a. 1st off do not season your nail by dunking in water, it wont crack it but it will oxidize it faster. I always season with reclaim or oil. Best way to season is with an oven. Place some oil in your nail head and set it in the oven at 300 for about 30 minutes and repeat twice. You wont waste much oil doing this.

Two last questions.

5. This won't destroy my bong due to heat, right? Or should I say fuck this thread and start research on vape pens?

5a. Do you really think people would use rigs for oil if it would destroy your bong? At worst it could stain your joint(if a male joint) but putting some parchment paper around the joint will keep it clean.

6. And is $50 a gram fair?

6a. Depends on the quality of the oil and if you are in a medical/legal state or an illegal state. Post a pic of your oil and we can give you a good idea if its grabage or not

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Ey oh!, still never took a picture of my new bong someone said $800 toro???? Tonight I will take a picture of it; it's no way a $800 piece as who ever put it together did it on a tilt..., Never bought the rig set up but ended up buying a dabbler vape pen instead. Really saves me time as I procrastinate so much when I'm packing a bowl for myself , and I'm now on the go high. Still too afraid to get high at work but we'll see.. Here is the stuff I got, the golden stuff was dope! But the darker stuff was much harsher, probably a shitty batch, or maybe it was good, idk; it was real sticky icky though, still got me fucked up errytime.... I still might purchase a rig setup in the future when BHO is more easily obtainable in NY... I heard there's a vote in 2015  :)

[​IMG]

12. The darker stuff looks like deathtane and by yer description of it nothing you wanna dab...maybe I'm wrong but I've never seen black crumble

13. #14 DJE6693, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
    I ran through that gram in less than a week.. Got a new supply. Will take pics of it and my dabbler and my bong..

If anyone could identify the type of shit I be toking, that'd be awesome.

Also I tried to press my old shit into a flat piece and really fucked up as it stuck to my parcel paper (diamond parcel paper)..... What stuff is good to press into flat pieces? Parchment paper?

tminus 3-4 hours til it's 420 somewhere

14. Parchment or a silicon pad. Don't use parcel paper

15. Bro is 420 every hour somewhere,

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum