Menstrual Cups

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Greenunit, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Nice, sounds like a keeper.

2. It's actually very clean. No mess at all unless you try to beat it up lol.. but I can feel it in there so I know my limits .

3. I've been using them for over a year! I used the instead softcups, but will be switching over to a diva cup or whatever soon! 

I love them so much, like they have been a game changer. I hated wearing tampons, and sometimes i felt that they were too drying. It caused a deal of pain on my lighter days! 

The menstrual cup makes me forget that i'm even on my period sometimes! its so great~

Since I just got the copper IUD I have switched over to pads for my first few cycles. 

4. Good to hear, can your girlfriend still get wet as if she wasn't on her period?

5. Omg. I only read your OP but holy shit I was googling period related stuff today and came across these, what the hell! Are these a new thing? Isn't it gross?? I mean the um... removal when full? I am imagining a blood bath all over the toilet.

Yeah, my peroids are heavy, wanna fight about it??

6. subbed this thread for m'ladys reading material....seems very interesting (id never heard of it) and i know she gets some pain because of tampons....

7. Yea I haven't had any problems with it so far and it's been over a year. Expect that one time we were drunk

8. Monthly visitor has arrived, gunna get myself one of these today then I can give you guys some firsthand opinions.

9. Before googling this I thought this might the worst idea of a century, what if the cup tips and spills all the blood ;p

Idk, I don't even like wearing tampons, I don't think I'd shove that thing up my vagina. 

10. Sooz, you just made me queasy.

Yeah, i feel faint when I have heavy periods.

I also have an offset cervix so tampons are a bitch enough.

11. IDK I tried the Soft Cups before and didn't like those at all -- they were uncomfortable because they would shift whenever I did something like cough, sneeze, laugh hard etc so I was very aware of them being there and when they moved, they would often leak. And emptying during the day was a pain when I was away from home (yeah, they were safe to keep in for 12 hours, but it would only hold up for about 4 on the heaviest days). Not sure how I would feel about this if it's anything like those. I would be willing to try it if it wasn't such a high upfront cost. I don't care to waste $40.00 or more on something I'm already inclined to believe I won't like. 

12. Sorry boo!! The thought of them males me queasy though. I just wish we could either

1) Go back to the olden days where women were considered sick when on their period and told to stay in bed til it passed or

2) it was the future and they have created some magic non messy period extraction system.

13. this thread makes me feel fortunate. 

14. First day with my cup! Gone well, I have experienced some minimal leakage but I think that's due to poor insertion technique. It goes in alright, and once it's in I can't feel it. Removal is proving difficult so far, and hurts somewhat, but hopefully it gets better with practice.

It's doing its job well!

15. #35 El Duderino, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
    archive this thread when it dies out! best thread ive read in a long time. i enjoy being a man.
    dont spill it!

whats the minimal depth before it does not fall out? do you go 2 knuckles or full hilt?

16. It doesn't have to go in that far, enough so the tip of the stem is just inside the vagina.

Dumping it out/removing it hasn't been messy at all. Although I imagine if your cup doth overflow, some spillage would occur. So far I get even less blood on my hands than my usual applicator-less tampons. Dumping it into the toilet is IMO way better than having to throw out a tampon. You dump the contents and flush it away, you rinse it, and the mess is gone. Nothing sitting around in your garbage can for your dog to eat or whatever.

17. I just drop and flush tampons so it was worse for me with the extra steps of handling to drain/rinse. 

18. OK well this has cemented it for me. Theres no way I'm washing my period cup in front of strangers in public bathrooms. I was almost into it, anything that requires I fuck around with my pussy ya'kna.

19. This is one of the main issues with the cup.

HOWEVER

Because the menstrual cup keeps the blood away from your vagina, and has a capacity greater than any tampon, it can be left in for up to 12hrs. Hopefully you can access a more private bathroom in that time.

20. #40 flooyeezy, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
    Unfortunately I work 12 hour shifts and my first 2 days are just awful so there's just no way I'd be able to use them. Cool product, just not for me :)

Edit- "just"