Photography with Normac

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by normac, Oct 6, 2014.

Beautiful scenery here for sure but awful weather! Sometimes I want to explore the world - until I remember that I'm too scared to leave my own front door 99% of the time. Oh well.

2. Well I'm sorry to hear that. I'm definately not much of a people person but I love nature and a few good friends.
    back to the topic at hand. Ive always wanted to better my photagraphy skills and was wondering what you guys would recommend for a good starter camera? Maybe one I could build up as I get better or do cheaper cameras use cheaper accessories?

I'm far from expert, depends on how much you wanna spend at first. I got one last year for about £67 with an 18x zoom. It was mainly automatic settings it shot on but it was perfect for outdoors in good light and passable for snapshots with the built-in flash. 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-WB150-Compact-Digital-Camera/dp/B007JSZX6M - pretty basic point and shoot really but I found it perfect for getting used to zooming in and 'framing' shots.

There is such a bewildering array of cameras out there, hopefully normac can point you in the right direction if you're looking to start out more advanced.

4. Depends what you want, if you want to go the dslr route, you will have to decide on Canon or Nikon as lenses are not compatible between them. Each brand has a few different models suited to beginner's. Or you could get a cheaper but still good compact camera, which will do a good job, but there are less creative options.

Thanks for the kind words guys, skateboarding pic's will be next on the list to post here. Been real busy with work and school this work, so not much action from me on gc

5. Sorry about the delay but these are some of my better shots from the last couple weeks :) Try and get some skating shots today or maybe a sunset from somewhere different.

image-2.jpg
    image-4.jpg
    image-3.jpg

6. Some bud shot picutres and a nice panorama style shot which is pretty basic but I like it.

image-2-2.jpg
    image-6.jpg
    image-5.jpg

7. Locals only!

been abit slack on this front recently. Got a few new photos from the last couple weeks to add slowly over the next couple days. and will hopefully get a few more over the weekend.

image-5-2.jpg

8. N surfing this morning, holding a hang5

image-23.jpg

9. CLICK ON IMAGES TO ENLARGE.

N surfing again.
    image-4-3.jpg

Sunset @ local beach/headland.
    image-14.jpg

10. Bar trying to break properly this morning. Not very common to see it overhead with perfect A frames, just if it had a bit more size to this swell and it couldve happened.
    image-6-3.jpg
    Trying to improve my nug shots, need a lense better suited to macro's.
    image-2-6.jpg

11. Looks sweet. Have you seen those scopes that plug into the computer?

12. nope, wanna link me to it so I can have a gander? Or is it just a lense that uses the comp for a power source for the autofocus

13. I think the one I saw just used the computer but I'll check around. Theres probably software or something

14. yeah that would be cool!

15. New piece sorry about the dirtyness! had to have a couple bowls first :)

image-22.jpg