Talk about The universe

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by enjoyandlive, Oct 6, 2014.

1. #21 thislittleniggarighthere, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
    Space may be infinite (or so you may think), but only that which is within a 14 billion light year radius from earth can be observed by us. That is, at this moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #22 travel2much, Oct 24, 2014
    If you were traveling in space in a 70 Cuda with a hemi engine at the speed of light and you turned your headlights on, would they work?

3. Correction: he talks about it in a video on YouTube with Richard Dawkins.

4. I'll agree to that. And that is a hell of a distance considering that light travels at 186,282 miles in 1 second. I don't think there is enough zeros to calculate how far (in miles) 14 billion light years is.

5. What I think about when I smoke is what if, during the universe's expansion, it collides/overlaps/crosses with another universe that is expanding towards ours. What happens when the horizons of the two universes meet?

6. Being that it is just empty space, one could assume that nothing would happen at all. But what if something did happen?

7. interesting. i avoid the technicalities and just think how crazy it is. No one knows what's beyond that 14 billion light years distance.

8. I can't comprehend that because what is in between the 2 universes if it's not space?

9. #29 Old School Smoker, Oct 24, 2014
    What is outer space made of if it's not empty space? And don't give me any thing about stars and planets. Space is space weather it has stars and planets in it or not. The 2 universes and the empty space would make up 1 universe.

Doesn't universe mean the whole thing? I mean i know there are other galaxies, but another universe? How can there be more than 1?

10. [quote name="enjoyandlive" post="20724457" timestamp="1412564705"]Read this if youre blazed, you will trip the fuck out

if ya think about it, right now we don't completely know for sure if theres other life out there in existence. our current telescopic technology can only see a tiny tiny fraction of the entire universe, and no life is really proven to be found. With all that unexplored and unseen world, there just has to be other life out there existing on another planet the same as us. right now there are other organisms or beings living their own lives, and we dont know of each other. there are completely unique unseen things out there. Earth came to be by chance within our milky way galaxy. there are millions of galaxies in this universe. its simply not possible for all of those galaxies (which have existed indefinitely in time) to not have planet(s) with life.

And i had a thought cannabis is simply unique to our planet earth, no other planet has this exact plant. This is only for the ppl who like talking about space and other life[/quote

Any decent planet will have good medicine. Any proper planet in my universe!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum:blaze:

11. Idk but we dont know for sure, i picture it like you expand so far out of this universe and enter another one, like a new mario level or some shit. we can't see it so we don't know

12. The uni in universe stands for one. We don't know if there is a multiverse or not.. that's one of the reasons I lost some respect for Neil DeGrasse Tyson. When he started doing Cosmos, you could see that he is biased towards the belief in the multiverse. He presented it like it was true, but all it is is a belief system with as much evidence as God has. It's fun to think about, other universes with other versions of you in it, but its silly to believe. When you do, you get a show that millions watch and then have a surge of people believing the multiverse is a real thing.

13. honestly i just think about the other life out there I personally 100% believe exists. crazy shit and basically implausible for all that space to be void. maybe other galaxies have their own chemical elements 0.o. over the last 400 million years on this planet theres been some crazy life on it

just think about other galaxies with their planets like 100x bigger than earth with life on it

14. I'm with ya on that. People like to refer to life outside of Earth as a belief.. but its more like an observation. There is life in the universe, right here on Earth.. so that tells me life exists in the universe. It's a natural part of it and silly to believe that we are all there is.

To me, we have the universe and with they way it is expanding, it is more than likely infinite. It's not expanding into nothing cause it would literally go on forever. Thing is, there is a certain point where the rate of expansion relative to us surpasses the speed of light. Meaning that light emitted passed that point will never reach us provided the universe continues expanding. That's why it appears to us that we are in a bubble.. when the "bubble" is just the limit of our observation.

NDT went with the whole bubble multiverse theory to believe in.. even though there is no real evidence for it. I remember awhile ago he said that we are in a bubble universe and that you can see where our bubble universe collided with other bubble universes.. but that evidence was just a correlation to his belief and was never proven.

I find an infinite universe to be the best theory to get behind. That means that pretty much anything you can think of based of the laws that we currently know has the possibility of existing out there. Like right now, there could be a moon that is the diameter of our whole solar system.. and that moon is the smallest moon in a galaxy of equal scale.

Or a planet where conditions are almost identical to those on Earth, only 1,000 times bigger.. and maybe even supports humanoid life that numbers in the trillions. Fun to think about, silly to believe without the actual knowledge.

15. That's more likely now that they found existence of super sized earth like planets.

I hope the donut shape theory is true so we can figure out how to cut through wormholes lol
    [​IMG]

16. [​IMG]

17. Yeah, they've spotted some pretty big exoplanets already.. they're easier to spot of course. Personally, I never put much stock into wormholes either. They would be awesome if they exist, but they haven't been proven. Most wormhole theories rely on other theories of hypothetical (exotic) matter.. but they sure would be awesome. Being able to work around the speed of light to get to wherever you want in virtually an instant, I could dig it.. but too supernatural for me to believe.

I think trying to define the universe with a shape will only result in failure. If it is infinite, it would have no shape.. no boundaries to give it a shape.

18. i liked this thread

Sent from my intergalactic spaceship hotbox

19. #39 willywagpole, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
    You honestly don't need proof. There are trillions of life forms like us out there whether you like it or not.
    Its common sense to me.

I was listening to a David Wilcock video where they somehow came to a brilliant conclusion that there are or should be around 100 million earth like planets with similar life forms in our galaxy alone. Based on some extreme tests i cant remember much sadly :S

Here's something interesting http://htwins.net/scale2/ now you tell me were still alone and we need proof

20. ill look at it at home :D it's true tho i can't see how we are alone

Sent from my intergalactic spaceship hotbox