Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do I protect my plants from frost?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by GloriousZOMBiE, Oct 5, 2014.

1. So it's supposed to frost tonight, what should I do to protect my plant it's in a 5 gallon bucket, anyway should I harvest or should I cover it up till it's finished?

2. Is bringing it inside for the night an option?

Happy toking!

Sent from four score and seven years ago

3. Depends on how far along they are... Pics?

"Surrounded by haters"

4. no they aren't being brought indoors until harvest.

5. 6 weeks as of Friday, but I covered them last night, and some leaves turned purple but I don't think the plant frosted. It's supposed to frost again tonight, and then Monday it will be in the 60's again during the day and 40's at night. And here's a bud I picked Friday

Attached Files:

6. One frost alone won't hurt it mate

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. there is another light frost tonight, so I'm gonna cover it again since some leaves turned purple so it must be getting affected. But tommorow will be in the 60's and the night will be in the 40s

8. Cover with a sheet, around the roots too. Good luck!

dilligaf

9. In central california we put bags over plants when theres a chance of freezing

Big farms use heaters, or spray well water on them all night with sprinklers (since well water sits at a nice 50f most of the time)

10. my big girl isn't worried about frost ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412542505.545885.jpg

11. that's wha I did lastnight, it looked fine today, it got a little purple though

12. looks beautiful, but not far in flower? I'm just worried a frost will hurt it cuz Iv read some places it don't hurt them and I read other that they never recover. I'm just covering it with a sheet again to be safe

13. thats a week into flower not to much longer

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412558689.028943.jpg

14. Lay your plant on its side onto a drop cloth. Slip a 5 gallon bucket over the top of the plant to protect it. Cover the whole thing with layers of bed sheets, or plastic sheets, or blankets, or tarps, or what-have-you! You just basically need to make a tent to hold in the heat radiating from the earth.

In the morning, remove the tent, remove the extra bucket, and tip the plant upright and you are good to go.

Granny

15. she is a big girl thanks

16. this is my first grow, I didn't even plan on growing but I threw some seeds in my yard and whatta know, I woulda felt heartless if I killed perfectly good plants, but I started late June, so I started late. But this one plant was worth all the experience and knowledge. Also I can't grow plants that big cuz in late August is when the helicopters start looking for weed in my area and they caught my buddies dad last year, they flew helicopters right in his back year and cut em all down and torched em.... Wait till its legal, I'm going to have weed bushes in 65 gallon smart pots lol.

17. #18 GloriousZOMBiE, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
    that's an amazing idea lol, but my plant is lst'ed horizontal, out of the 5 gallon bucket. But what I did was stabbed sticks in the ground around my 5 gallon bucket, laid a pillow case on the plant propped on the sticks and then put a bed sheet over the whole plant and sticks and tucked the bedsheets in under the 5 gallon bucket air tight, and then put a camouflage polyester jacket over the sheets because a lot of gliders and low flying air planes come through the area and a white sheet would be more then noticeable. But amazing Ideal I'll use that next time I grow a normal looking plant lol,

18. Glad I got my plants through the frosts, without harvest, it's warmed up, so I'm expecting more yield and better smoke since I decided to let them go on

19. thank you smokey