LEDs: advanced vs TOP vs Intelligentgro

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by rain dancer, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Sounds like your dried your buds on the plant!

What where yor temps man?

Chef.

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-
    PM me for The Vault Seed Bank's details and a discount code!
    So many people asking :)

2. Btw that album you got your avatar from is banging ;)
    Got the whole collection so far 👍

Chef.

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-

3. I'm embarrassed but I I think the temp was about 85, imagine a hallway closet with a 3 foot tall bushy plant in it, and the light directly on top of that

4. #164 rain dancer, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
    haha thanks bro :love:

My wife told me on our walk yesterday, "youre the realest person i know, youre my poke!" i loled :lol:

I try to be chill :cool:

That woman :love:
    Dont be embarrased. My temps are 91f right now, have been a few months, no way around it here, which is why I made this thread about leds. To me, hay smell is indicative of a plant being harvested too early. If you let it get too hot, ie cooked it or let it dry like chef said, then the hay smell is expected.

I doubt it was the light, as more light = better in a healthy plant. If you didnt have proper airflow that would explain the heat issues. 3x3 with no airflow is an oven.

5. Aaaaaaa................

Her Little Poke
    LOL
    aint Love grand
    [​IMG]

6. :lol: sure is!

7. So I'm gonna go ahead and say it was the light. I already cut it down but I'm not even interested in bulbs anymore. Anyways, what's an estimated life span on most LED lights?

8. #168 Head Chef, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
    Thatt would be why :) haha.
    Not mega hot but if that light was as close as you said...

You dried your herb whilst it was still growing lol.

Atleast you know for next time.

Chef.

9. I know!! Lol it was a damn nice plant too!! It's like having a member of my family die

10. I know how you feel buddy, I'm so attached to my plants.

Havnt had any die, but would upset me if one did lol.

Chef.

11. Topled do 3 year warranty, not sure on average life span etc tho.

Chef.

12. Id say realistically, most leds are built to last for years, from my research so far. Im sure a few people here can attest to that.

13. Hey Chef
    The 3 yr warranty did you have to register on their site?
    I have a topled but nothing about the warranty
    Just wondering, and what if a LED company goes out of business in one year
    Than what?
    If the company honors the 3 year  than its a Great deal......

14. LED light bulbs are known for their low energy consumption and capacity to significantly reduce your power bill. Their long performance life further ensures LED lights are a worthwhile investment. Just how long does an LED replacement light bulb last? While it can vary slightly depending on the bulb, on average LED light bulbs last over 50,000 hours. That would be almost six years if left on twenty-four hours, seven days a week. In terms of usage, if you leave your light on all day (16 hours), an LED replacement bulb would last 3,125 days or approximately 8.5 years. If you leave it on only during the evening (4 hours), an LED replacement bulb would last 35 years.
    Comparatively speaking, both incandescent and compact fluorescent light bulbs last a mere fraction of that. LEDs last 50 times longer than a traditional incandescent bulb and 10 times longer than a compact fluorescent. While LED replacement light bulbs seem more expensive than their incandescent and compact fluorescent counterparts, when you factor in the significantly lower energy consumption and reduced frequency of purchasing light bulbs, you recoup that initial investment soon.

15. If you ordered from website or sara then I'm sure it's 3 years, from ebay it's only 1year. Dunno why it's differnt.

And no, if the business has gone, is gone.
    They won't spend money honouring a warranty if the company doesn't exsist no more....well I don't think they would anyhow.

Chef.

16. Yep and not many ledcompanies have been around long enough to prove their 6 year claim fwiw. But that'll change. Theres some big names here to stay and as the technology improves and theyre adopted more, price will drop significantly

17. This will give you an idea of the situation

Attached Files:

18. Imo you gotta change your grw technique a bit with led..you always got to remeber distance.. led don't penetrate like hid so if you think trees they're not so good but you stretch it out with LST or scrog and they do quite nicely..i use 18'' as sweet zone anything under won't cut it and gets trimmed

19. I agree with the doc lollipop is what I would call it, even with hid growing you should try some training. Make a big difference, a little super cropping never hurt anybody an when you combine that with tying the girl down it branches out like crazy. Keep a her short allows you to control the flow of the grow. You also should top that bitch at least one time get two colas going instead of the x-mas tree shape. Look into the advanced techniques mainlining, that is a little to far for me but the more basic concept that inspired it is perfect for small space hid led grows. Your girl had some crazy stretch going on and had way to many sucker branches imho. Sucker branch is when no real buds will grow on them just popcorn it sucks resources making you feel foolish and taking away from colas. What are you using for a bulb mh or hps to veg?

20. That is true with most leds, but newer leds designed specifically for mj are very high intensity, requiring THEM to be farther away