LEDs: advanced vs TOP vs Intelligentgro

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by rain dancer, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Deleted my post about buying a topled light. No need!

Passin a fat j around in Honor of my AdvancedLed sponsorship!

[​IMG]

Spammin the forums with positive vibes! :bongin:

[​IMG]
    Weeeee!

2. Poke which light are they sending you

3. I don't understand  Not getting your Toplight Led but how will you be able to know which LED light is better now if you dont do a side by side and give Fair review?

4. #144 rain dancer, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
    What?

I was gonna buy an led i couldnt afford because i thought my sponsorship fell through, but it didnt. Im gonna review whatever light they send me honestly and fairly. I wont sugar coat shit, told them those exact words and they said thats the kinda grower they want. This thread compares the top 3 led companies. I havent ever used leds, but this will give me an opportunity to try one out and give you all feedback.

Dont know how much fairer i can be than honest. Im workin with what im given.

I wouldnt ever steer any of you guys wrong. You should know me better than that by now. :p

5. I get what he's saying I think, like how could you compare advanced led to topled without trying both but for just reviewing advanced led on its own you're set! congrats man!

6. I think the sponsorships are more about showing what the lights can do, and not so much about comparing. That's my thought anyhow. I would be half interested in emailing all the companies and see if they wan a do a side by side. I personally could run 3 different panels just in my pantry space alone. That would be some fun ass shit.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1336901-Hypers-Intelligent-Gro-II-LED-5x5-scrog
    use code Hyper5%off for your discount on Intelligent Gro LEDs..

7. Yeah this thread is mainly to share experience. The only person i know of whos tried all three lights is our buddy Icemud and he's said a lot already, lots of helpful stuff. Ill probably still get some topled lights down the road to compare on my own due to their affordability and because i like to do side by sides for fun. Experimentation is what its all about imo.

I need to pick up a light meter now too.

8. I need a light meter as well. I can't personally afford a large lump like led requires but who knows what the future holds. Shit happens. I like different comparisons myself. Running the 2 cookie pbts under different lights is gonna be cool. Can't wait for the next run already in the tent and were still at seedling stage on the first. I wanna run a tent full of ice road and ogre. REALLY WANNA!!!

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1336901-Hypers-Intelligent-Gro-II-LED-5x5-scrog
    use code Hyper5%off for your discount on Intelligent Gro LEDs..

9. Grats bro, hopefully they will be good to you!
    And I know you won't give shitty biased views.

Chef.

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-
    PM me for The Vault Seed Bank's details and a discount code!
    So many people asking :)

10. I have a Apollo 300w cob led. It's really 175w draw, led is normally advertised at diode max wattage time number of diodes. Always look for draw and never listen to the claim of what it stacks up to against hid. I paid $200 for my light, it's got four clusters of 25x3w with large reflector for each panel. I haven't had any trouble with it, low watt so no real heat. It's my veg light, not as good as the 600w hid I used before but at 1/3 draw who could expect it to be. Led is the future but they are still to expensive, and obey hyped claims are to often made. I look forward to seeing licensor run this advanced light. It will be great to see what a hid lover thinks of running the led. I know my led messes with my eyes, not a huge fan of seeing white light turn Green. Can't be healthy for you, sunglasses don't help and the led protect glasses 're like the cost of a 600w Apollo hid setup.
    I am thinking that I will be jumping on the mars2 wagon soon, 175w just isn't enough light for my 3x3 veg room. Need 300-400w probably get a small model just run the Apollo and mars2 side by side. I also just finally got used to looking at plants under led at first it's hard to tell what's going on with the coloring of plant, my cabinet doesn't have any regular lighting to switch to.
    Awesome thread awesome grower poke hope to see an honest view of led that doesn't include things like it's just so much better and if you don't think so your retarded. My 400w led is like having a 1000w hid.
    Intelligent grow is really just rgb led tech higher powered? They look really corny imo, until I started reading about them on here I thought they were scam light. I know nothing of them other than the looks of their packaging which looks gimmicky.

11. while led may be more efficient energy wise, i have found that it produces less dense buds... it is great though for vegetation... 

12. ive only ever used the mars 2 led, but my buds are as dense as anything ive brought on the streets.

im gonna start a side by side after this grow with a 600w hps and my mars2 700, just outta curiosity more than anything.

then next year ima compare tops new light to ....... not decided yet :/

13. I just started using LED lights and I love the way they veg but I'm not sure about blooming. Also, let's say I had a plant under an hps, then I got an LED, ok. So then I decided to bloom it, but I only had another hps. Well needles to say the plant did well for a while but it ended up dying. I'm just wondering if it was the light that killed it or the environment

14. hard to say, coulda been environment, lack of knowledge about leds, a ripoff led that doesn't work, power outage that you didn't notice

the list goes on

15. Wasn't he saying that when he switched from led to hps at flowering the plant died?? That tells me it's not the light it's really his environment, he took a low watt led plant and threw it at a high watt hps light while switching to flowering with probably other environmental issues stacked on too of this. If he is questioning the environment vs light there is something up with his grow area or soil. It is hard to say but I think we can rule out a rip off light.

16. Idk I went back and forth with it, so it started dying under a HPS, it just slowly started withering away. I think it has a few buds on it but the whole thing smells like hay, I don't even know if I want to harvest it

17. #157 oldskoolstoner, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
    oops I misread that lmao, chances are it was heat stress then. but again coulda been a lot of other stuff

also I wouldn't keep switching between lights. the nutrient needs are diferant

18. Could've been the soil, it'd been used a few times before. I think the light was most of the problem, it was pretty close, I had it in a closet type setup so it was a pretty tight space. The only thing about that is, I've begged plants in there several times with great success
    *Vegged

Dude.. You are a great person from what I have gleaned.  You don't need to explain so much about your actions, I am sure most people see what you did.  You do a lot to help this city with your experimentation and your thoughtfulness.  I hear your humor and I enjoy reading it.  Serious Poke is cool too.. :smoke:   I got your joke bro... :laughing:

20. The Mars 700 won't match a 600watt HPS dude.
    The Mars will be running around the 300-350 mark and the 600hps is well...600 :)

The Mars 1200 would be a much better comparison.

Still tho will be interesting to see the difference.

Chef.

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-
    PM me for The Vault Seed Bank's details and a discount code!
    So many people asking :)