LEDs: advanced vs TOP vs Intelligentgro

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by rain dancer, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Poke near as i can figure the leds only run at 66.6% efficentcy..more than that and they burn out quickly..the driver ddetermines what they run at..intel gro now uses the actual draw so the 90w's i got were formerly known as i think 145w..there's no industry std as yet..so a 3w outputs 1.2w and the 5w something like 2.1w..Loki is the one who really knows this stuff..the 96x3w i just got is rated 300w with aprox 170w output..i want to get close to 250w but not go over at this time till i learn more

2. I love CMH bulbs... I used to rock the phillips 400w (magnetic style) ones and they are amazing!

3. Man i just want to apologize to you.

I shit you not ice, i didnt sleep at all last night. I tossed and turned from 2am to 6:30am thinkin about what i wrote to you. Youre a really nice guy and i think thats probably why they keep choosing you. Felt like a real asshole. Im glad you decided to stick around here in this thread. It wasnt fair of me to question you like that without givin your threads a full read, i short changed ya.

Anyways, i appreciate the insight and knowledge youre droppin here. Theres no excuse for my behavior, but ive been havin some bad health problems lately, been damn near on my death bed, been bitter, and been lashing out at all the wrong people.

Im truly sorry i was such a dickhead yesterday. Its why im so up n down. I have a good week, then then next week im drenched in sweat, suffocating and hands n feet blue and black from lack of oxygen. Think its startin to effect my brain. No, i know it is.

I hope you can forgive my outburst brother, im very sorry and i feel terrible; you did nothing wrong.

Sincerely
    ~poke

4. Manhug! lmao!

Yeah man... I felt the same way after being somewhat "agressive" in my responses... I've always been one who loves debate and I seem to get lost in it sometimes and carried away... so I too felt bad and hoped that I didn't come across like a arrogant dick or anything...I probably did though...LOL ( I actually was on a debate team way back in high school..haha and I gotta say, you definitely got skills :) haha ;)

I really appreciate you letting me know and I too apologise if I said anything offensive or went overboard trying to "prove my validity".. I really thought about the conversation a lot and that is why I just chose to let it diffuse and let myself think about it before responding. I don't like conflict at all and I really try to be kind to everyone.and it bothered me that I was being very aggresive so I defintiely apologise sincerely. (mama taught me well, haha she always said "treat everyone like they wont be their tomorrow")

So I too am sorry to cause conflict... I guess it bothered me how I was coming acrossed unhonest or biased as I try to be totally transparent and honest about everything I do... I probably drove Dave at Intelligent Gro nuts asking 100s of questions verifying my skepticisms and questions I had... but he did take the time to get every answer I asked for... haha  I can defintiely be a pain in the butt...lol...

I apologise to you sincerely too if I came across wrong, and I do really appreciate you reaching out to me to let me know.... handshake and truce :) haha

Yeah I definitely wasn't going to leave Grasscity...I like the attitudes of the members here... you all seem so full of life, and fun, and a majority of what I read here from all of you is very peacful and informative, as well as very very lighthearted, which is why I deciced to join originally :) I do tend to have my "home" at another forum, but now it looks like I may have 2 homes :) haha

"in comes the song""" Movin on up!!! To the Eastside!! haha

Man, really sorry to hear you have been dealing with bad medical issues and hope you see some releif soon. Wish I could do something to help... I hope that at least some MMJ helps you get through the day and nights and allows you to have somewhat of some relief... I'll say a lil prayer for your health tonight...not a big religious person at all, but I do feel those little conversations with a higher power help sometimes so I will take a few to send some healthy vibes your way.

I look forward to getting to know you better, as well as all the other Grasscity members that I have met and those I haven't as well. And I will try to do my best for all of you in answering any questions, sharing info or anything else, because over all, I am here for the growers :)

respect and good health my new friend!
    Icemud

5. Thank you so much man. Manhug back!

I try to stay away from the city on bad days. I dont feel like you did anything wrong, brother, you got nothin to apologize for. As for debate :blush: i tend to go straight for the throat. Not cool at all, totally opposite of my "inner dude"

Any time i get off track i put the big lebowski on and i find peace. Ive been cannabis sober for days due to a seperate illness on top of this one. I sincerely appreciate the prayers brother. I dont pray much, but i always say a prayer for others when i say i will and i agree, positive energy and belief can move mountains.

I appreciate you having a cool head and not responding. I needed to reflect as well and i shouldnt have written any of that shit. If i woulda waited a day or two i wouldnt have. Youre a really cool guy man!

I didnt think you would leave the city, but if some bonehead attacked me for no reason i sure as hell wouldnt stick around the thread like you did! But im glad you did and im glad that you were cool enough to forgive my idiocy. It means a lot to me that you did. Maybe ill sleep tonight, i got a conscious like pinoccio!

He sits there with the voice of the ginger bread man off shrek and screams, "youre a monster!" :lol:

I hate conflict too, i typically shine it on and let it go! Like i said no excuse for how i acted but i appreciate you being the better man. Its inspirational. Have a good night brother and I look forward to learning something from you.

And to everyone else, please forgive my lashing out. Im very embarrassed.

~poke

6. Poke long time ago you said you're terminal..nuff said..i ddelivered o2 and med gear for yrs at the height of the AIDS epidemic and seen a lot of grim stuff..never met anybody  on o2 or who needed it who wasn't out there to a degree..mood swings et al..it's the overload of co2 in yer brain makes you ''pop off''..that what Dr for the VA called it when i complained about a particularly crazy patient who had put up a 8 ft chain link fence ..padlocked it and then patrolled the perimeter with a loaded shotgun..guy wasn't wearning his o2 gear at nite..apnea snuck up on his ass and he got out there..in 7 mos he moved 6 times cause he kept getting thrown out of places when he'd have an incident..one day ordders came to p/u his gear from VA..wouldn't follow dr's orders so they drped him..so sadd..on GC theres a lot of afflicted people and some are really out there judging by the meds they're taking..people are very tolerant with them because it's obvious they can't help themselves..lotta anxiety imo but thats why we're all here tryin to find the best way to alleviate that stuff on our own

7. #128 Dr M, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2014
    Poke thought i'd update whats going on in my dealings with intelligent grow..it's not going well..so far no RMA i had to pay shipping..$27 shipped it out 10/10..was told i'd get prompt refund and e mail when lites got there..when shipped i sent e mail with trkng info..i received one word reply..''ok''..shipment was sched to get there 10/21..on 10/20 i chk'd tracking and found it had been delivered ahead of sched on 10/16..i received no e mail as notification or refund..so i send e mail and say trking says you got delivery on 16th and i nd the money it's from my food budget how about expediting my refund?..Poke i get 6 word reply back..'' i'm away on biz..i will'' WTF!!..to me that says don't bother me i'm done with you and i'll return your money if and when i feel like it..you won't be doing biz with me in the future so what do i care? that's how i'm interpeting it..and then to really twist the knife i read a post he posted that says i tried the lights wasn't happy and retuurned them for refund and thats fine..that would be ok for him to say in a post but i haven't received the refund or even notification of delivery..so i'll say it..this is the worst buying experience i've had in yrs..this is as bad as the time i bought nu tires on co. related discount and to save money they put the old air valves in..had two flats in two wks before i figured out what they did went back and made them replace all valves at no cost..right now Blk dg customer svc is winning big over IG..they provided RMA and within 7 days of arrival i had my money..i didn't care for their sale/discount dealings with me offering me a $4 discount on future purchase and i got bent outta shape..but i can't find fault with how they do returns and calls and e mails were noted and a systm in place for handling queries..and they were prompt..i could rep them and their product with the caveat they're expensive so you know going in..this intel gro crap has really got me pissed and i'm going to talk about it..this is every growers fear.. you get your money wrapped up in a piece of gear and it fails and you can't get a replacement or the money on the gaurantee in a timely fashion..meanwhile your garden is screwed..well i will talk and the threads i write in regularly got 165K views..i'm just stating the facts i'll leave the interpetation up to you and how you'd feel buying a product and going thru this..i'm raging!..the way this guy acts you'd think he's running this outta  his Mom's basement

8. so glad I read through your posts, im looking at upgrading my mars2 700 for a pressy from santa !!
    my mind is now made up, im going with mars2 from top led again. there biggest one ^^
    never had any problems with tops, and customer service is great.

9. I can't believe that email he sent back....6 words is a disgrace.

I would of been so angry!!!

Hope stuff starts looking up for you soon bro.

Chef.

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-
    PM me for The Vault Seed Bank's details and a discount code!
    So many people asking :)

10. I completely understand that everyone has differnt experiences but the emails Dr received back are disgusting.

How can anybody have a job dealing with customers and have that kind of mannerism.

Chef.

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-
    PM me for The Vault Seed Bank's details and a discount code!
    So many people asking :)

11. Hyper i highly respect your opinion and your reports are great ! you're teaching us a lot about the nature of led..but you got your light for FREE and are a representer on a sponsered thread..of course your issues were resolved within 24 hrs..i'm just joe nobody asking for my money back in a timely fashion..all i need is for them to do what they say they're gonna do..you say i'll send you e mail when i get return..DO IT! ..if you can't do it don't say it..i only expect what you tell me so when you don't do that i get upset i believe rightfully so..i'm extremely patient person btw Hyper that diagnois repair you did on your lite i'd have to say the only person i know who coulda handled that like you did so skillfully is LOKI..the rest of us probally would have been  helpless..i know i would have..so i'm just sayin'

Hello this is nicloe Wilson David's assistant. He asked me to refund this last week. We have only ever had one other return. We do not have a return process that has been set up as we have not found the need. Anyways I forgot and David just got on me. Your refund has been issued, I had misunderstood as well about this because I thought I issued you a refund already in the past. Turns out I did but that was for the 5% discount. Again I apologize for the delay. 

Returns are not a normal thing for our product, which is a great problem to have.

Have a good day everyone. Dave will be back online here when he gets back from the tradeshow.

13. ^ ive never heard that excuse before but tbh, i approve lol

If i ever own a company that is a goal to have for sure! :smoke:

"We'll make a product soooo good, we wont need a damn returns dept!" :laughing:

14. Allright got my refund confirmation..so like they say don't go away mad..just go away!..done and done..

15. Im not sayin its right, just original :smoke:

Fuck that poke, that's not something you should strive for. You should ALWAYS have customer service in place to handle returns. It sounds like a big pile of bullshit to me, maybe they haven't had so many returns because people see there is no way to handle their return and they give up? How would even know you didn't need a returns dept?

The bolded section is what really bothers me. Even if it is a great problem to have that's no excuse and it doesn't mean it's a great thing to have no return service. Or to have such shitty service that people have to complain to the public just to get a response out of you. I wonder how long it would have taken you to correct this error if it hadn't been posted here for everyone to see and criticize? Would you have ever corrected it???

17. #140 rain dancer, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    forgive my attempt at sarcastic humor. I pictured robin williams saying what i wrote and i loled to myself.
    Edit: i just think im bad at sarcasm, i meant that comment is so bad i approve, due to its originality; in all the excuses ive ever heard in my life that is the funniest! I tried to turn it into humor but apparently nobody got it.

Ill just stick to being serious i suppose :Devious: