LEDs: advanced vs TOP vs Intelligentgro

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by rain dancer, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Thank you sir, that was my second grow 

The nug shots are Sugar Black Rose from Delicious Seeds. A freebie with a previous order. I wish I had taken clones, in my limited experience she seemed like a keeper. She grew fast, frosty and heavy.

2. #43 TheAnswer121, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
    damn. this is my first legit non bagseed grow. had 3 bagseeds that turned out modest

bought that auto that flaked at the end. still smokin on it though :smoke:

i want to run a scrog so i can stop burning my tops from them growing so big.

might seriously look into it after this next round. 1 gram per watt shouldn't be a hard goal to reach :D

I actually just finished off all that homegrown. I got around 225 grams, still far off 1:1. I would be happy with a pound and thats still only 450.  :eek: 

The net was helpful in training but it's annoying not being able to take them out and move them around. Now I think I'll stick with persistent LST and topping to achieve the same thing with less crap in my tent. 

4. I mentioned plasma earlier in the thread.

Theyre like 2k still right?

I saw the first demonstration, they blinded the audience lol

5. ^thats the one ive been lookin at. There was another tho, some lizard company or somethin that had one a while back.

Wish that shit would come down in price...maybe i should contact a plasma company for a sponsorship eh?

6. Poke you asked so i'll tell the story..first i heard the sustainable grw shw on the Adam Dunn show (icannibis radio) the rep frm blk dg was on and tlked all this rosy stuff..sounded good better than leds from 06 plus a 5% discount made it attractive..things had trnspired due to food stamp mistake in my favor so i had the money..$384 with discount..got the smallest unit..put it in and was ok but not stellar..nd two..asked rep what kinda of discount i could get aftr their mo long discount over..think they offered $4 which set me off..immediately sent their stuff back because i felt favortism to big lite buyers who get big discounts and can trade in for upgrades..in the meantime had discovered topled and that blk dg is reseller,and their units are exact copy of topled made in china not usa..blk dg has 1 lb or money back gaurantee for big gest lites..they're in bolder, co so stoners there go for that..got my refund $340 aftr restk n ship fees..at this point i fully intended to go with topled but was plain seduced by the looks of the intel gro..needded two units for the coverage was the plan..again got the smallest units two 90's at $250 ea with discount $484 no controller that would have been $100 more..by mistake they sent the controller as well..there were scratches on the face no protective film so i think it was used furthermore i think the lites i got were returns and were never opened and rechecked just shipped..two bxs taped together label stuck on and sent..i've worked in lots of mail rms in my day so i know how that wrks..i'm appreciative of the free controller..just sayin..anyway the coverage just isn't there that a reflector would give because of it's size..also that dimmimg dusk to dawn thing to save pwr..the programming even with a site to go to is daunting for an cyber illiterate like myself..i don't own a cell..so that feature was beyond me..i don't use a timer so i don't need that either..remote control so small i wuz in danger of losing it..the next size up for the coverage i'd want is $470 plus the controller is extra..$570 !! it's too much..just too much..plus the guy runnin the co. has lots of other co's he's runnin or starting so the focus in the future might be iffy..i think all this factors in..Topled that's all they do..no middlemen..i hate middlemen..i'm over the stigma of buying from china..i nd the product and i need it cheap..topled is cheap with ddedicated service sales..they live it not just wrk at it.. plus that whole free lites for review idk..i prefer to just buy even though i'm on big budget..comes outta my food budget so it's vital i get value in all aspects or i'm screwing myself..by next mo i will have all topled    and be done with it..get growing!

7. I respect you for telling it like it is brother. Sincerely!

You all probably saw my little moment with intelligent gro. I learned that people get pissed when you question their integrity, but im about honest reviews and honest companies and im not trying to skew things one way or another, i just know that in terms of price, HIDs are cheaper and ive yet to see any LED compete with my el cheapo bulb. None come close. And i replace it every three grows for 15 bucks, so thats 5 bucks a grow!

I get irked when people want to talk numbers. They want to sit and say, well, mathematically, this light is superior to hps and my reply is how? Then their reply is always, well, per watter per gram...blah blah blah

Im a poor man, we barely get by. But you see in my pics what a lil determination can do when you know what youre doing. Ive pulled a pound off single plants more than once in my life, more than once under a 600w hps. My strategy for years was to grow during winter and spring and not in summer. But the recognition and opportunities are comin! And i cant stand around anymore wondering if ive got the best light FOR me.

This thread is for education, i dont mean to bash any companies , nor do i care whos best, but theres an ass for every seat and this ass needs a seat. If i can grow in summer and get nice results with a cheaper bill, ill be happy.

And we all keep gettin off track with comparing HID to LED when I want us to compare LED to LED.

Whether i get sponsored or not ill pop on a light sometime in the near future. Im just askin for peoples experience mainly and your experience was the perfect response to this thread. No detail spared.

You seemed super happy in the intelligent gro thread, its a real shame to hear what eventually happened with the light. I hope they didnt send you somethin used, that super super shitty in my opinion.

8. Poke the controller definitely was used no matter what they said..he said his assistant packed it by mistake..i doubt that..but i let it go..gift horse and all that..the lights  however idk they feel used..and since we're talkin about this..i'm probally just a nut job but ya know 8 days after i put the light in i found mites...i run a really clean grow and am very careful..i'm wondering if a hideaway mite stowed away from previous owner in the light and then dropped into my garden thru the numerous vents on the sides blowing air out..thats one thing bothers me about leds anything can get in there..i used to open and clean my el cheapos from time to time..can't do that these days because of warranty..no tellin WTF could be in there..i'm probally paranoid...still?..bothers me..

9. Wow man, just wow.

:eek:

Thats crazy... :hide:

Id be so pissed!

10. smazing story my friend! One happy customer I think :)

Chef.

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-

11. #55 ProGMO, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    Do you have the GL 90? I have the GL 60. My wife lost her toilet and I gained a garden. W

12. Guys this kind of thing has been prevlent through out my life so i look at things a little differently..it bothers me but there's one thing thats constant..if it's worth having or getting i'm going to have hassels to attain it..if it's going too smoothly that's not a good sign for me..i always got some sort of song and dance to go thru..if i don't... look out! not very positive outlook but it is what it is and i deal with it always keeping my eye on the prize..i do allright..considering it's been worse..

13. Same here bro.

The first of anything goes bad for me. Always the second one that is flawless. Always been that way. Still, your struggle is not in vain if your wisdom can save others heartache, stress, and money. So please remember to share your experiences good or bad as a sort of path for others to avoid or follow, or maybe just a friendly warning.

Much appreciated brother!

-poke

14. #58 InternationalHarvester, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
    What's up everyone? I will go ahead and say that I am still very new to growing and that a more experienced and knowledgeable grower could do way more damage with my light than I am at the moment. 

California Light Works SolarStorm 880w
    Draw:
    Veg- 450w
    Bloom- 620w
    Bloom with UVB- 650w

I know everyone has there own growing styles but I think at bare minimum you should lst when growing with leds. I know there's plenty of fine folks out there who have grown bigger and badder gals than I who didn't lst, this is just my personal opinion so no offense intended. I chose to do a scrog for my current grow and I am happy I did.

As for the light itself, I think it's a badass light and I am not pushing the limits on it because I am in a 2x4 tent temporarily. Light penetration is better than other leds that I have seen around but the plants still need to be trained to accommodate. It's an intense light, I have gotten bleaching at 22" away from the tops. My biggest thing about leds is the heat. I know that the 880w was intended for a 4x4 but damn I had to duct in a line from my main ac to cool the tent at least with HID/HPS you can run it in a hood. There are a few of us that have designed different cooling solutions for our leds but maybe in a big space heat build up isn't an issue. I would not have bought this unit if I had not been accepted into their grower's feedback program, just because I don't have that kind of income to just throw around at the moment.

I recently got sponsored by Amare Technologies and got a really good deal on the SolarSpec 1040. So I will be running that light in November well actually only 2 so 540w. They seemed confident that it would beat the SolarStorm even at a watt deficit. I am sure the SolarSpec will be showing up more frequently, it's also nice that they list their actual draw in each unit's name. 

My boy @Case22 is rocking it with just a  Blackstar 240 but he just got a Mars II 700.

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-grow-journals/1324314-case22-goes-green-2x2-5gal-sip-bs240-led.html

The dream is to one day run hps/hid/led all together.

Day46

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. #59 rain dancer, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    Looks very healthy and very nice!

That looks like an og crossed with cheese!

Bottom pics look skunky! Strain(s)?

16. All 3 are Moonshine Haze but different phenos. One smells like hot garbage, one smells more lemony, and the last smells like fruity pebbles/fruit punch.