LEDs: advanced vs TOP vs Intelligentgro

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by rain dancer, Oct 4, 2014.

1. #401 bsless, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015

This is enough for me as I don't enjoy drama and nastiness[​IMG] .  If I did, I would be on RIU or IC.  Good luck everyone, with your greenthumbing experience;).[​IMG]  Can't we all get along?[​IMG]

2. Never said you were liers at all so dont come back saying that crap
    i think this has all been twisted and stuff been seriously mixed up
    I believe the solar spec is good i the numbers are good the pics were good

I wasnt happy about the 4 260s being compared to the 1 650xml completely unfair comparassion
    And if you cant see that then i dont know why im bothering..

And the discussion was about leds and topled was in the title topled changed to.mars hydro so yes i do own the lights in discussion and you your self brought it up.

Lights dont mean a thing if you cant dial in your grow you could have the best lights on the planet and still end up with some god awful plant.

Im pretty much done on this subject

And i was told my inputs was invalid as i dont own a solar spec led.... seriously its invalid haha ok thats cool double standards i guess....

3. So here's the deal.......I blocked weed dude from the thread and removed the troll posts. Hopefully y'all can move on from here and keep this thread on track. Please report posts that cross the line and let the mod team assess what needs to happen before getting in a pissing match.

All the best,

Chunk

4. I want to personally apologize to everyone.

I didnt mean to let myself get caught up in that mess yesterday. I appreciate you all taking the time out of your busy lives to help anyone who is seeking another way to grow beyond hids, here in this thread.

While the thread title says "VS" its really not a competition thread. Its meant more like, i used this light and this light and this light and here is my experience with each. Thats why the vs is there, not mine is better than yours.

At the end of the day if you are happy with your light thats what truly matters, but there are skeptics among us (me being the biggest last year) who havent "seen the light" for lack of a better term/pun and i feel it is our duty to help educate them as to why we prefer the particular light that each of us has chosen.

Perhaps its your budget, perhaps you have a connection, or perhpas your light fits your space; whatever the reason, i hope you will continue to offer true feedback here that is invalaube (irreplaceable) to those seeking help, as we are all constantly moving forward in our own grow rooms, and learning things that may benefit others.

I cannot state enough that this particular thread helped me immensely.

I hope it can continue to help others as well. This is the ONLY thread on grasscity im subbed to get instant notifications, so that i may pop in and help. And by help i mean direct you to someone more scientifically versed in LEDs than i, as i am as ignorant to their science as the next HID guy.

But people like Brada, bless, pharmerxxLEDxx, loki, and chef have been following the science behind these lights for many years. The member removed had valuable information but made a mockery of what we are trying to do here, which is help people, bring people together, and help others less fortunate than we are, make an informed decision on the light that may change their whole lives.

I hope you will help me continue to do that. I appreciate your understanding and as always, i appreciate your unique insight.

Sincerely,
    ~ poke

5. #406 jaymu104, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
    Hey look up ddp he did a side by side here against mars n his solarspecs finished weeks faster n fatter just search the city or go to the silly pharm he just bought two

6. #407 Output, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    Someone said this but there are to many quotes so not sure who lol...

Yes, but we didn't say the Solarspec's the best and will outgrow anything, either.  I repeated say Mars offers a good value so we can drop that.  DDP, OUTPUT did, and they hands-down prefer the solarspec as u can look them up yourself.  It seems that you are giving other makes full credibility of their grows, but doubt every Spec results.

Not sure what I said that got everyone up in arms but here I am if anyone wants to tell me.

I own the Mars ll 1200's. I have grown with them and will do so again. They did fine for me.

I also own a SolarSpec 260. Now THAT is a light. It puts my Mars to shame.

And I just bought 2 SolarEclipse's. Don't have them yet but when I do, just to be funny, I will compare them in a grow to the Mars ll 1200's. I say to be funny because in my opinion, there is little comparison between the lights other than they are both called lights.

So for me, the proof will be in the grow. As it should be for all of us. And if I'm wrong, I'll be happy to say so. Either way. I will report the results. 

I love the fact that the SE uses only 350W but puts out this much light. And I love having a UVB option on a separate switch/timer. 

Where I live, electricity is a problem, so the less I can use, the better. 350W is better for my situation - And I'd love to have at least 6 of them - much better than 500+W for my Mars. 

Beyond all this, the Amare's guarantee is unmatched in this industry. 5 years - count 'em - 5. Wow. With 3 years complimentary return shipping if need be. Amazing. I haven't seen that anywhere else and tells me they REALLY believe in their product. 

But hey, all the people raving about Amare's lights may be pure, unadulterated BS. While I doubt it, I will know soon enough, first hand. And of course, I already have one of their lights - the SS - and it is spectacular. So I can't imagine the SolarEclipse won't be everything and more that people are saying.

For me, I want quality. And because replacing a light is horribly expensive, I want a guarantee. And I want the CREE lights. Damn, I want a lot - and I'm willing to pay for it. Yes, I could get cheaper lights elsewhere, but I'm looking for the best at a reasonable price.

Like I said, the proof is in the grow. Either way, you can join in if you'd like. Still am about a month away from them being delivered. 

Here's the good news, if you have lights you like, fantastic. Let's smoke a bowl and enjoy them. I'm also enjoying that the industry is maturing and rip off light companies are being put to shame. That makes me happy. 

As the industry matures, we all benefit. I personally love Lexus and Toyota Land Cruiser. Not cheap, but incredible value. There was also a time in my life when I had to drive a Hyundai. That was ok with me. Still is. But now that I can do better - well, I do.

7. you have make a good post. some growers are hesitated to use LED or HIDS, it's good to share the experience here.

8. Bump.

This thread needs to be reborn!

Ive heard rumors of a scooby fella doing a side by side with LED and HID.

Im a HID guy btw

9. white power sounds so racist lol

10. Poke I said the same thing glad I know the homie n def not that and Real I'm just getting things and watching for ur updates but prolly hit u up next to for sum ?s if u don't mind

11. Lol white led power!

I still think HID systems are better. Im talking better buds and more buds.

I feel like people say LEDs are better after they switch from HID but lets be honest, if I went out and bought a brand new HID system that was exactly the same as my old one.. I would say its better as well.

Another point id like to bring to the table would be the combo of MH and HPS. If used correctly you'll yield better and more buds. Most people just switch from MH to HPS when they flip.. which imho is a big no no.

Also ive asked a few times.. what happens if a LED breaks? Is it as simple as running to my hydro store and grabbing nother bulb? Or are we talking sending the unit back for possibly days at a time. What happens to my plant if I dont have a backup?

My final point would be how LED guys say how much less heat and energy they are using. What if I dont give a shit? I just want the best buds possible. Do LEDs still stand up to HIDs?

Im not saying I know everything.. and I am researching (reading this thread after i post plus more). Im not saying I can't be swayed im just saying I dont see the proof. And dont give me some shit about PARs.. or how a LED comparative grow came out with the LED on top by a couple grams. I want real proof. If im spending a grand on a light instead of 500$ it better do more then a few grams.

Please sway me! :-D

12. Yeah closest place is 120 miles away that u can trust

13. Ah I make I own panels. I can fix it . It's like changing a bad hps bulb and the lights I make kill hps all day long. I use to grow for a dispensary under a total of 20k of HID's the lights I make kicks the shit out of hps. I can use my lights without ac right now and my tents are 79f hahaha. I had some Mars lights they work good but not like what I can make and you can do the same thing check out my thread on DIY leds just click on my signature REAL talk.

14. Leds are great lights and i noticed a difference in yeild. Speed and trichomes.

If an led breaks depending on manufacture it will either be need to be sent back or if they allow you can fix your self

When my gn broke a module GN saud they would send out another stright away then i got an email saying actully send the unit back we will refurb it. It took a little while but the led was like a new one with there newer modules and pulse power drivers looked so nice.

Imho led do stand up to hids and the thing is leds will only get better from here.
    Alot of people i know have gone from hid to led and loved it
    I also know a few who have gone from photo to auto and loved it.

I tried some of my skywalker last night and half a joint and i was done for. But when a plant gets this crystally its gonna be insane haha 1429437139814.jpg

Tho its not all about lights there more to factor in and ive seen some impressive led grows seriously impressive.

Heres my auto hid vs led left is led middle led and right is hid

Left one finished at 62days yeilding about 2.5 oz

Middles and right finished at 83 days and altho the hid produced thick buds it was about 2.5 oz again tho the big tall one was more like 2.9-3 oz all fed the same same enviroment just the light wass different.
    The light was 177w and the hps was 250w.
    1429437286167.jpg

Heres my lovely mazar that was my second led plant that came out lovely and weighted a fair bit and had comment for seasoned smokers and it was putting them on the coutch. 1429437466770.jpg

If you keep ya leds cool and look after them they will last a very long time put them on protection circuits the only reason my gn died was it got warm in the tent after adding a mh... but other than that which was sorted ive not had another issue in 2 18 months or so. :)

15. Got any pictures?

I cant believe an DIY LED can beat my HID system let alone a 1000$ one. Im seeing such small difference between end results im just not sold.

Commercial grows usually have old lights and old systems they have been using for years.. have you compared your LEDs to a brand new HID system?

Seems to be the theme with LED.. "replaced my old HID system with and LED and its amazing" you would notice the same results of you went and bought a new HID system.

Not saying your lying or anything, I just need proof.

16. #419 Grow2dab., Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2015

I run both mate, side by side.

Both have pros and cons but grow great bud.

Also If money wasn't an option I think most people would fill their warehouses with LED's these days tbh.

17. Thanks for the response Loki!

Sending the unit back is a large downfall for me. If im dropping a Grand on a light... I cant afford a back up. Do you remember how long you were out the LED for repairs?

I do agree LED is only going to get better where HIDs are pretty much as good as they will get. The question now is am I going to buy an LED then have it be obsolete a year after? I would not be happy if I bought a 350 and the next month they released the 350xl or something haha!

As for your autos ran under LED and HID are they the same strain? Very cool to see.

You said you noticed a difference in speed. Are you saying LEDs are flowering girls faster?

Again thanks for your response. Ive been reading and reading and reading but i still havent found much solid proof.

Between you Poke and Chef though.. thats really all I need to pull the trigger. I trust you guys and your opinions. Just wanted to dig a little more.. im a pretty stubborn guy. :)