LEDs: advanced vs TOP vs Intelligentgro

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by rain dancer, Oct 4, 2014.

1. so true! everything you said :)

2. using a mars2 700 wat in a 1.2m tent with 5 inch wolfnado and rhino pro filter and soil
    canopy at 23c with led 5 inches away and de-humidifier running

my currant grow 31 days from seeds popping ground, think diferant and sweet tooth
    View attachment 146609

2 pics from my last grow, skunk and tooty fruity
    View attachment 146420
    View attachment 146421

its more than a capable light and makes plenty of crystals :)
    never tried any other led though

also theres a post somewhere where someone reversed the fans, so it sux into sides and out of top.

3. #23 STIGGY, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014

Man oh Man I so glad I saw this
    I have the 1600 Mars 2 Just waiting until I can fire her up
    Dam looks like I made the right choice,
    NICE PLANTS

Good thread mate but I just don't think you can really compare some of those things fairly. Price for example, durability (blowing one HID is allot worse then blowing one diode.

Penetration, coverage and results are probably a bit easier to directly compare. I have TOP ufos but watch allot of different LED growers out there and there is allot of good lights to choose from, even dedicated veg lights are really starting to take off.

I saw one the other day that that was massive and apparently stronger then the sun but didn't get the name of it, might not be out yet. Hate to even imagine what it cost.

5. I was lookin into plasma light as well as led tbh

Ive used shit bulbs in hids for years and never blown a bulb, knock on wood, but i hear what youre saying. Still, i appreciate true feedback over sponsored feedback any day of the week, which is why i made this here thread.

6. #26 Grow2dab., Oct 6, 2014
    Yeah exactly, a $200 HID setup could match a $1000 LED one but doesn't necessarily mean the HID ones better. 

I think generally LED's are still expensive for what they are that's why I went TOP LED (before they were a sponsor), they are sort of keeping the others honest. My next light might be a Growblu though as I want to try a few before I settle for one.

Been super happy with mine in veg but this grow will be my first go with them in flower.

7. #27 Pot Professor Paul, Oct 6, 2014
    Poke buy a 1100 watt hid digital ballast a splitter and run 4 x 600 hids.....Fuck the bogus LEDs!!!! You will never be happy with light emitting diodes.... The mars 2 the most powerful diode is 5 watt. Now it only runs max 2.5 watts draw. On an average its more likely 2 watts. You will get better results running 2200 watts with 4 good hoods evenly placed. You will pull 4 pounds of high quality herb that u will be proud of. Run 3 HP's 1 mh bro. That'd mean roughly 320,000 lumens. Full spectrum. No led will compete. 1 12 inch inline fan tied to all 4 hoods. Complete basement lit up rows 4 rows of 5 plants 5 plants per light don't play games produce!
    Mount all 4 hoods fixed to ceiling. With enough air flow between hoods u won't have excessive heat build up. Spend ,500 and do it right get another ballast 2 more hoods splitter big inline ducting. Once hoods are ducted right there is no excess heat bro!

8. Here is 2 plants 1 week under new setup. 630 watts split between 2 hoods. These plants are under 1 hood splitting 315 watts. That's 158 watts per plant. These plants are 3 weeks into veg total
    LEDs yeah right!

Attached Files:

9. 1 plant 18 gallon tubs 158 watts hid!

10. Subbin in... I need some more Education. Power consumption is an issue. I'm looking into a 18 x 24' area to work with. Prolly 2 areas of flower and one Veg. 

Thanks... 

11. #33 TheAnswer121, Oct 6, 2014
  12. Thats looks divine man! I think i could maybe grow some one pound monsters with the proper light n training. Done it before!

13. #35 TheAnswer121, Oct 6, 2014
    i'ma be close bro. honest estimation of 10+ ounces

at 5'5", all cloudy trichs, and still 6 days to go. if she wasn't so big and fucking obnoxious (she really is huge and just all over the place)i'd probably give her 2-3 more weeks, but she gotta go :laughing:

my bulbs get no break though. got 4 strawberry diesel females, 2 weeks into flowering about to go under it  :D

also, these are with stock bulbs, been running for 2 years. just using the standard apollo 400w for mh and 600w for hps. in time i'll step it up and get some hortilux bulbs. should increase yields quite a bit

14. 20140503_191737.jpg 20140508_192018.jpg 20140508_192104.jpg

Also with a 600W HID.. Damn this was in May I'm getting the itch with my light off and tent down  :devious:

15. Poke one thing i'm noticing about led..my res stay real cool..i use a chiller that uses freez pks..hid..you gotta switch out every 12-14hrs..led i'm getting 24-30hrs..it;s about how far the lite penetrates imo..i'm not feelin led can grow a classic xmas style tree that you grw..might have to change your technique some to get same results..i think most grwrs don't want to do that once they get a proceedure that consistently produces a good harvest..can't blame them..this led is a leap of faith to a certain degree..i'm being pushed so not much choice..change or stop grwng unless i can get phantom costs dwn

16. I only use cheap bulbs. Did side by side with 15 dollar plusrite bulb off 1000bulbs vs my 120 dollar eye hortilux. The eye was outperformed by the cheapy.

But i use expensive ballasts, quantum digital, so no bulb problems ever, knock on wood.

Vented super sun 2 hoods.

Thwt plant looks yummy SD, whats that strain?

5 ounces is great answer. Tbh, anything over 3-4 is great imo. Makes the grow worth it!

17. Ive really been hopin youd chime in dude!

I just heard through the grapevine you returned an intelligent gro light? Is this true? If so why? This is the perfect thread to drop that info brother!

Im all about changing my methods. I never do the same grow twice. They are always different. Im always tweaking my grow, i dont want to be a fool and think one way fits all, thats not me!

I have no problem altering my methods.

Res heat is the biggest issue im facing, no chiller, water bottles suck balls and dont work.

Had to do some experiemnts to see how far i could push res temps. Did 90f for a week with cannazym before roots started to turn, treated with poolshock

Whole point of this thread is to educate us growers who are old skool on new school tech.

My choice is: buy a buncha shit like chillers, no ac (which i have no ac, my bill is 130 in southern cali with one light, 180 with two) but im frugal, i unplug my whole house bsides my grow n fridge during the day and im always home, due to illness.

Or buy new lights! :smoke:

Not a real tough decision :lol: