Dream Interpretation

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by DoubtfulFire495, Oct 4, 2014.

1. My dreams have always been very detailed, vivid, and often weird or crazy, but rarely in a bad way. When I do have bad dreams, they are very telling of what's going on in my life at the time. Anyway, I had one last night and would like to hear others' thoughts on it.

It starts as a recurring dream. I am at my ex's house with her new boyfriend. Sometimes when I have this dream I am picking up an item I left behind, like clothes or whatever, and spend most of the dream having to be in this awful situation (the breakup did not go well). But in this particular dream I have no clue why I'm there, I just am, I don't need anything.

It should also be noted that in real life, her house was always a sloppy mess and smelled like cat piss. I was never able to handle it all myself due to the amount of garbage and the stress in my life at the time, and she worked a lot.

In this dream, however, her house is beautiful and clean. Everything is in its place. I feel guilty and embittered at the life they've made together and how happy they are.

Now as I said, I've had similar dreams before, and they upset me greatly because the breakup was like 2 years ago and I'd like to consider myself over it. What also made this dream different is that, amidst being at her house and whatnot, I peeled off my big toenails. Layer by layer, all the way down to the cuticles. There is no blood or pain, but even in the dream I was kinda like "Whoa, I went too far, I probably shouldn't do that..."

I personally think the recurring part of my dream is self-torture, because I never felt good enough for my ex and still have self esteem problems. But why am I still having these dreams about her? And what's with the toenails?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Damn man you got really deep there.
    Totally derailed my focus.

3. Reoccurring dreams happen due to the fact of not getting over something. For example sometimes in general I feel like my house is haunted. It's an old house and there's this one door that's broken and I never opened In the basement.
    I'm not a horror movie person(like invisible demon stuff). If I watch a horror movie like that then I feel like my house is haunted for a week or two.
    Anyways, so I always have this dream that there's this huge black dark scary under ground tunnel opening where my well is and that my room(on the second floor) is on the ground level floor with a window next the the dark tunnel. Before I get to te tunnel I'm always In the woods looking at these random pictures and shit hanging up/written on trees and rocks. After I look at all of them I walk towards the tunnel. And once I get to the entrance my dream ends I'm hoping one day to be able to go Into the tunnel to see what lies in it.
    Lately this reoccurring dream has been getting more "intense" as now sometimes there's whispers going on in my room before I even skip to the "in the woods part" and just the other night when I was sleeping it felt as if somethig was pulling my blankets.
    So I just came to the conclusion that this dream is always going to happen and that it's just my fear of paranormal shit going on in my house wen really nothing is happening.
    My point is that they happen because you aren't entirely over it. I just kinda let the dream happen now and see what happens in it because maybe if I stop carin and thinking about it the dream will dissipate on it's own. :smoke:

4. How are you able to describe what you 'saw' in your dreams if your eyes are closed?  Next time someone asks you if you can see without your eyes, you'll know the answer.

5. #5 Inexpsyphy, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
    Hey man! This article might be of some help to you! It really helped me!

It's an article on the basics of dream interpretation.
    http://hub.me/aiPS3

6. Sounds like she made you out to be a piece of shit and held you lower to her disposition. She was messy in real life but clean in the dream - perhaps this is because you looked at her and valued her as a person more than she deserves. The self-mutilation in the peeling of your nails could back this. What this dream is telling you is that, even now that she's gone, she still is having influence on you and it is turning you into a servant to her will - thus the cleaning for her and her boyfriend like a house maid. The dream is telling you that you need to move on or else be influenced negatively by her.

7. I'm not sure if I can break this down completely, and some stuff I say could be wrong. Your reoccurring dream signifies that you are not over the break up subconsciously, even though you feel as though you might be. The peeling layers represents you getting down to the root of the problem. Soon to be solving an issue maybe?

8. The dream I've been having recurrently

I'm walking in a forest, it's dusk or twilight, I'm barefoot in nothing but shorts and a bra, suddenly I hear something behind me, I turn to see a jaguar, a big one, deep emerald eyes, muscular body and huge spirit/energy . I walk to the jaguar, kneel down and touch her head, then I ten into the jaguar, I feel my bones and muscles change, my body contort to the new shape and my senses are heightened a ten fold. Once I'm done changing, I run through the forest, jumping from tree to tree until I see a lake, I stop take a drink, across the lake I see another jaguar, only this ones black, she swims across the lake and we fight violently, nobody really wins then we walk off together.

9. I think dreams are essentially the brain working overtime to allocate memories into appropriate areas of the neural network. I often have dreams that are completely random and incorporate memories from yesterday and years ago, which leads me to believe that my brain may be busy clearing out old memories to allocate space for new memories and connections.

Just a theory. Dreams seem to random and indecipherable to have any valid subconscious message behind them.