Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is CBD legal?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by stayburnin, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Hey blades! Ive been seeing alot of products marketed as legal CBD pens, and CBD oil. I always thought CBD was illegal along with THC but now it got me to thinking. Just like people grow poppy plants for there seed, but extracting unmentionables is illigal, i know its a bad example but alll i could think of

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

\tLegal statusCannabidiol is not scheduled by the Convention on Psychotropic Substances.
    Cannabidiol is a Schedule II drug in Canada.
    Cannabidiol's legal status in the United States:
    While the DEA Drug Schedule classifies THC (Tetrahydrocannabinols) and marijuana as Schedule I, cannabidiol is not found on the list. Other synthetic cannabinoids such as JWH-019,073,081,122,200,203,250,398 are also listed in Schedule I, but cannabidiol is absent.
    Marijuana is defined by 21 U.S.C. §802(16), which is part of the Controlled Substances Act. The mature stalks and seeds of the Cannabis sativa L. plant, as well as products derived from the mature stalks and seeds are explicitly exempt from classification as marijuana. Under this exception, what are known as industrial hemp-finished products are legally imported into the United States each year. Hemp finished products, including hemp oil high in cannabidiol, are legal in the United States for this reason.
    Some cannabidiol oil is derived from marijuana and is therefore high in THC. This type of cannabidiol oil would be considered a Schedule I as a result. However, cannabidiol derived from industrial hemp is legal and unscheduled itself. In other words, cannabidiol's legal status depends on where it is derived from, as cannabidiol itself is not scheduled.

3. ^ technicaly that law says cannabis sativa only, so you can have indica weed and litigate against the justice system in court if you are found with indica by the police

Sorry to say but that's not gonna hold up at all lol. You can argue the technicalities all you want.

5. yeah I figured honestly but its going against what is written in the law dictionary technically.  I wont be in court for that anyways. Reforms right around the corner

6. Just in case you didn't know:

Attached Files:

7. They have an analogue act.
    And that includes terpenes.

So all cannibinoids are technically illegal, if not listed by law, it will be decided in court.
    So even if you could isolate CBD, which I imagine is only possible by completely degrading the THC
    and using salts to free base it.

8. #8 As Above So Below, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014

Good info! I knew about the analogue act but wasn't sure what it entailed, but in case other people didn't know here's an exert from Wiki:

9. Yeah it'll be interesting to watch the FDA etc continue to scramble on locking up cannabis.

They made a huge oversight on CBD. Hemp sourced CBD is being sold across all state lines . The Stanley bros are actually looking at possibly growing industrial hemp to press their CBD oil (their Charlottes Webb etc) rather than cannabis.

Out here in Colorado hemp can be legally grown outdoors, hundreds of acres. For those who just want extracted CBD (I'm not a fan, see sig) why bother with the higher costs - thousands more for licensing, security requirements, indoor grow lights etc - when you could just grow hemp outdoors?

But in the article i read on this, if i remember correctly it's pushing the CBD legality to the forefront. Pharma groups lobbied hard for CBD only bills, not realizing that farmers could easily flood the biotech-patent-CBD market with locally grown extracted goodness. Whoops! Foresight blinded by greed.

Another reason why hemp and cannabis need to be completely removed from the CSA. This is just beyond ridiculous now.

Btw lol at that patent for endocannabinoids infant formula. This is part of my frustration with the pharma group sliding their perverted hands up Mary Janes skirt.

GW pharmaceuticals won application patents for treating cancer even though it's been public knowledge for thousands of years.

This other group patents infant endo c concept, expect breast milk has cannabinoids in it naturally.

Once again, pharma groups utilizing natural design against us while cannabis prohibition continues. Brb illegal to grow and possess for many still, but come to your doc or local CVS and we'll get ya covered. Disgusting.

10. Yes it's legal. I buy it online nLook up cannavest CBD oil. A police officer may not be up to date on the laws so be careful!

11. This thread seems a bit old, but as far as I know, as of TODAY, CBD is legal in all 50 states, so long as it isn't derived from weed

12. So according to the information I've gathered be original patients of the Canadian medical marijuana program sued the government for more rights and won so from what I've gathered it means that in six months the Canadian government will not renew their current medical marijuana laws because of Monopoly that Canadian dispensaries have as an outcome legal marijuana will be available to obtain at any grocery store where cigarettes are sold if anybody else has more and especially accurate information please feel free to add it

13. I hope someone is still on here as this is the reason I joined. I want to know what CBD is, well I kinda know but what I need to know does it help with PTSD, pain, panic disorder. Can someone chat with me for a moment. I have Dronabinol, klonopin, alprazolam, and chronic pain meds. All legal. But what I have read about CBD sounds like it could be what I really need,

14. CBD is legal in the uk as long as it's extracted from hemp and not the female plant.