Zaps 600W 2x4x5 Organic Garden

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by zapnojun, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Yeah I have one in front of the active intake blowing over the plants, but the tent just exhausts into the room so I can't get my temperatures perfect yet, but once winter hits I'll be in the clear, for now I'm just trying to manage with what little options I have

Can you run some additional clip on fans over the lights?

I have the same digital settings 300/400/600/and super lumens and run 2 of those in a 2 x 5 x 5 closet, and it gets pretty hot around here. 

When they start getting close to my reflector I clip a few fans to blow parallel to the glass to get the hot air out of the way fast. It does the trick mostly but its always touch and go, and goofing around.

The last few years I found that 300 is more than sufficient (over kill even, at least before 3 weeks) for 5-8 or so plants with a 3 1/2 week veg. I trim a little on the bottoms to keep good airflow, to me it seems like you keep the roots cool and your good as far as the overall plant goes.

Once I started heavy lst training I never had to worry about heat really much anymore, as long as I had airflow, no buds touching the glass and cool roots it does not seem to matter how hot it gets (within reason : p). 

3. Thanks for stopping by sir! I've been kind of assuming that as long as it's nothing that you wouldn't see in California, I'll be fine, I know they won't carry out photosynthesis quite as fast but really there's not much I can do. How noticeably does having a fan on the lights help? I'm not exactly strapped with cash but if it'll help that much it might be worth it so can turn it up to 600W, and when I switch to HPS it might be enough to account for the extra heat from the switch. I forgot to include that I top dressed them today with a little bit of ultra bloom

4. Be ready for a noticeable heat jump changing from MH to HPS.

5. I'm hoping that I'll coast by on the fact that it'll be winter, I'm up in Canada so it'll be -30C soon enough, I'm hoping then I can just open the bedroom window and adjust the temperature that way

6. Haha you should be alright. So excited for me to not have to run my AC!

7. I hear ya! Can't wait to be able to let it warm up rather than have to find ways of keeping it cool. Where abouts in Canada are you?? If you're cool with sharing online, of course.

8. Oh yeah I don't care.
    Southern Ontario, you?

9. southern Alberta! I just moved here from bc, oh how nice it was :(

10. Haha! I may be moving out that way for welding work in the not-so-distant future.

11. Once you get up north a little bit the money is absolutely crazy, regardless of the job, so I can only imagine how much welding is! Nice and chilly though heh

12. I've noticed the warm days here when I hit 32 (that's the highest it's ever gotten) they grow considerably less than when they're in the twenties.

Boy oh boy I would love to hear the logic on that one... Some people baffle me

13. Yep forsure growth slows down in higer temps. But i find when im nearing the end of a cycle its ok to hit high 20's. I use to shut my fan off whem i was in the cab but i stoped that fast. Forgot to turn it on one time. I left for over an hr for groceries. Came back dident even get to the door and im like wtf smelt like a damn Rastafarian party in my place. I got in the cab and it was like 45¤ hot as fuck. Good thing it dident go longer

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1335301-Stanky's-perpetual-garden

14. Oh my god I was going crazy when it hit 32, but 45!! That's one lesson you'll only learn once Im sure, they were perfectly fine??

15. Yep they were fine it was only an hr. I stoped shutting my fan off. Lucky it dident catch fire that was more of a worry then the plants. One time i went away on holidays and set up a self watering drip system in my cab. Well it worked when i tested it but something happened with the digital timer and it wasent foing off property maby went off half as much and i came home to some sad plants lol. I thought i was going to loose them. But they bounced back in a few days. I was a month into flowering i believe.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1335301-Stanky's-perpetual-garden

16. Do you have pictures by chance?? I'm really curious as to what it would look like in flowering, I've only seen under watering in veg. I was recently going to set up a drip for when I left but I got worried that exactly that was going to happen, hand watering is just too trustworthy for me to switch to anything else

17. Honestly, I think its overkill to run mine at the full 2x 600 watts, even by the third week, by the last few days they start looking like they are outgrowing the light level but by that point im ready to start flowering them.