Satan, really the good guy?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by xLDKx NewYorker, Oct 2, 2014.

1. As a vegetarian, I've been waiting for this moment for a long time. Hail SEITAN

Sent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vegetarians have a longer life expectancy than carnivores.

They don't get invited to anything fun or do anything adventurous therefor face less risk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  3. So your plan is to give me advice on what to believe as an atheist? Wanna think that through?

Let not the flame die

4. You want me to believe I'm crazy. I only want you to do some light reading. You're being rude to someone you've never met, and I'm just sharing what I've experienced which has imo helped expand my mind. Our actions define us, and everything we experience is merely a projection of our innermost desires. Cause, effect. I'm nice, you're mean. What could that possibly say about the two of us? :)

Let not the flame die

• Like Like x 1
  5. Part of the problem with the whole idea of hell and Satan seems to be language and translations. The word "satan" (lower case) in Hebrew seems to mean adversary or variants of the theme. In the original languages it's more clear but when we translated into other languages the lower case word satan was lost and other words inserted in its place.

Early biblical history was in a more polytheistic time where different aspects of good or bad could be contained in different beings within the same mythology but as monotheism took over it became increasingly inconvenient for both good and bad to be contained within a single being, so the upper case "Satan" evolved over time. A decent vid (for its length) on the subject can be seen below. I thought it was interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-gbOnWj6Mw

• Like Like x 1
  6. #46 xLDKx NewYorker, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2014
    I'm mean? You're just gettting all offended on GCF
    I'm just saying some of the shit you said was wack, not being a dick just calling it like I see it. Sorry I offended you, but grow up.
    Also. get it right... I am Satan's spawn not Overlord Master Satan himself.

7. Yeah. I got offended. Because I've never come across somebody who is as infallible as the pope on the internet. Alright, I'll grow up. Peace.

Let not the flame die

• Like Like x 1
  8. #48 xLDKx NewYorker, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2014
    *Leaves the interwebs...
    xLDKx NewYorker has deleted account.
    No offense meant, just weird to me... I mean the universe is a weird place. I'm open to the possibility of a creator, only in that he was spawned at some point up the line from random chance.
    And, believe me i'm just naturally a dick head. Don't take anything I say to heart.

and if you quote someones post you'll get a reply more often it sends a notification to their page just a tip because i see your new and i didnt realize at first either

9. Haha nah dude I didn't get offended. No one ever gets my sarcasm. All my friends are dick heads, that's why they hang around me. Who knows really? Life's too short to be worried about stuff like this imho.

Let not the flame die

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm still waiting for semi-intelligent threads on GC.....

• Like Like x 1
  11. Asinine... And also why not? People post about there balls itching too much or that there dog ate their weed... Thought at the least one person would spark intelligent debate, instead I get people that just bitch, deride, and post shit about aliens. 
    Sorry, my fault for assuming someone on GCF would have something worthwhile to say about this topic...
    Not like I do anymore, if a mod reads this you can go ahead and close this thread.

12. #54 enterthewurmwhole, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
    I wouldnt say the concept should have an "intelligent debate". Especially when it comes to religion, of any sort. Considering its all storys and stereotypes and shit

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1340347-Lucid-Dreaming-Thread

• Like Like x 1
  13. Good point, not to mention most people capable of debate are probably clouded by religion...

14. semi wut???

15. Are you inferring that because a comedian made a joke about it, it cant make an intelligent discussion?

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1340347-Lucid-Dreaming-Thread

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1