Weed matures you

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by RomanianToker, Oct 2, 2014.

1. I used to be a retarded kid when i was about 16, meaning that i would just never be in my place, always talking back to teachers, wanting to do everything my way and i was really loud about it. Now, after a couple years of smoking, i realise how much i have matured from the plant, probably some of you will say that it's normal cause i'm young and that's the age, but i know it's not that, i can just feal it's not it. So when i smoke i'm just really calm and in time i have become a really calm person, i used to lose my nerve allot. I started realising how much you can solve by talking, discussing the matter with someone instead of just jumping to conclusions, that pretty much shows how much i have matured. I'm curious what you people think about this. :)
    ps: I'm quite new to GC, so i didn't really know where to post this, i thought this section would be the best one, and also that i'm really happy to have found GC.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Idk why, but this made me think of your whole post as a little brainwashed. You used to not know your place? 

Anyways, if you are happy with the change then that is great. More power to you!  :smoke: 

3. It's a figure of speach, what i wanted to say is that i was never doing what i was supposed to do, only what i wanted to do. It has nothing to do with brainwashed, you saying that actually scares me a little but it's nothing like that :)

4. I would say not so much matures, Most people are in full go-go mode from morning to night

MJ helps slow you down so you can examine all the things that you think need to be done NOW and realize most don't

It helps you get out of the hamster wheel

kick back

take a breath

and enjoy the moment you are in

5. Getting older might have more to do with it.

6. Age definitely plays a role in maturity, that much is obvious but I totally understand where you are coming from OP.

I was very alike you back in my younger years. I used to drink a lot and act like an idiot and also was very rebellious and didn't go to school much.

I started smoking good ganja in a few years ago when I turned 20 and it made a massive positive impact on my life as it is today.

for a start, herb makes you more introspective. I don't know the exact biology and psychology behind this phenomena because I haven't had a chance to study it further but I suspect a few theories thus far.

The first is that weed expands your consciousness. Basically, when you smoke you get a higher level of awareness about yourself and everything around you. I don't know if that's because the cannabinoids in weed amplify your mind physiologically in some way and that alters you perception, or whether is unexplainable by modern science.

I could suggest that it might even be a plants consciousness entering our own! lol I know that sounds crazy but I've seen documentaries about plants feeling emotion and responding to stimuli that can't be explained, such as the death of an organism adjacent to the plant, displayed in an scientific experiment (youtube "the secret life of plants") or maybe there is something else there that causes the growth? Perhaps a connection to a higher realm? I wonder! :)

On top of that it makes you smarter, again I don't know the exact science but it has been linked with neurogeneis which is the birth of new brain cells and it also enhances creative and logical areas of the brain when consumed. 

So combined when you are more introspective, smarter and probably closer to true humanness, you grow on a personal level quite a bit, at least in my opinion anyway.

Welcome to GC :)

I theorize similarly about some other plants doing this as well as cannabis. Not entirely unfeasible.  For example: The smell of freshly cut grass is actually a hormone/chemical released by grass that indicates it is in pain. Not to mention I have repeatedly felt a very real, benevolent, maternal entity that has guided me to personal insights many-a-time while smoking on some motherly marijuana. Most would discredit this as a simple side-effect of the high, but if you look into other smoke-able and medicinal herbs/plants you will see this idea is more common than you may think.

Yea man exactly. We're on the same level lol

Even more interesting is the fact that not only do I get positive insight into my personal life and beyond but it seems to put me more in touch with nature. That could possibly be a direct result of a plant's perspective being merged with ours; as in we see the world through their eyes!

Pretty trippy when you think about it :D

And that is said to be part of what theorists would call "The War on Consciousness", which apparently is the "powers that be" attempting to subdue the higher level of awareness and understanding within every humans mind to keep us controlled as a society. There are many different reasons the "higher ups" might want to instill this paradigm; some say to keep us as slaves to their economical engine that creates huge wealth and power for them and keeps us all constrained, as in we are their slaves so to speak. Others suggest there is a massive conspiracy greater than currency involved in that our minds are ultra powerful quantum processors that are being suppressed by forces unimaginable by humankind and is related to a battle being fought on a Universal level, rather than simply on the Earth plain.

Very interesting subject matter indeed :p

The War on Consciousness is very real if you ask me. Why do you think they stopped the clinical research on LSD in the 70s? Why do you think Cannabis is currently a Schedule I drug with the likes of meth and heroin? Why do you think they criminalized Salvia Divinorum shortly after prominent research began to surface on it? They are very aware of the consciousness-altering abilities of these plants. They don't want the masses to become free-thinking, enlightened, rebellious. They want to keep the majority of the human race in their neatly organized little box of dead end jobs and oppressive servitude. These incredibly powerful herbs are very capable of demolishing these preconceived notions of how life is really supposed to be, and they see it as a major threat. Meanwhile the Birth of Rationalism was a long time ago, the Inquisition was a long time ago... there is no reason apart from bad habit to keep up these barriers.

Yea it makes a lot of sense to me as well. I don't know what Rationalism and Inquisition are though, never heard those terms.

I looked up how drugs are scheduled and USA have weed listed as more dangerous than cocaine lol  :lol:

http://www.theoryofknowledge.info/sources-of-knowledge/rationalism/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisition

Also for anyone else interested in the USA's currently scheduling of drugs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_Substances_Act

12. Weed is a somewhat psychedelic drug. It can bring about up to level 3 psychedelic experiences.
    Therefore, it causes you to think and be conscious in completely different ways to sober people.
    Maturation is absolutely dependent on the individual and is clearly not a universal experience by all smokers.

13. I can relate somewhat to what your i started smoking when i was 19 and ever since i started i found a love to read and learn, ive grown a greater respect for people and myself. Smoking does effect everyone differently either positive or negative and only you can decide that for yourself. As for me it has helped get me where i am today and i would never regret it

Sounds like you were 16 to me.