ph fluctuations with hydro

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by imap30, Oct 2, 2014.

1. #1 imap30, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
    I've historically had very rapid and very large swings in ph using hydro.

I'm thinking about using a 35 gallon resevoir for 5 plants in 5 gallon buckets.

The 5 gallon buckets would be above the resevoir. the nutrient solution would be Pump fed to trickle over the roots from the top of the bucket. it would simply drip back down to the resevoir with no need for a pump.

the roots would be suspended in the air atop a screen normally used for windows. there would be a hole cut into the lid of the tote that I would be using as a resevoir. the bucket would be sealed around the edges using some kind of cheap sealant.

kind of an aeroponics meets bubble bucket.

I would be using the lucas formula.

my goal is to eliminate the wild ph fluctuations i've had will bubble bucket/big plants. I'm also trying to eliminate the need to manage root rot by not needing an air stone.

Can anyone forsee any issues I might have?

2. Sounds good to me mate....if you are ph'ing your res water after adding nutes and adjusting accordingly, I can't see why you should have any issues....maybe check it every day or 2 and ph up/down where necessary. 

3. I used to have huge ph swings also. Once I switched to ro & Lucas formula, I almost never have to adjust ph! Maybe once in a 2 week period, but usually never.