Seeds just arent cracking

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Owner_FTW, Oct 2, 2014.

1. So, I have had my seeds in some pretty good soil and I have been watering them every day I have had them in there. Its been a week now I dug down found the seed andit was just the same old seed that I have always had no roots or anything. I know that these seeds are good seeds they are quite gray / black in colour and look healthy but they just aren't cracking.

I am germinating the rest of mine now but does anyone know why they haven't cracked its shell?

2. Good seeds dont look grey/black. Good seeds are brown with a minor greenish hue

3. Well they have little black spots on them sorta

4. Most of my seeds have little black spots on them. Do u have more seeds? Maybe try pre soil germination. Like soak them in water or a wet paper towel to pop them then
    Plant.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Exacly what I am doing now they are currently in a cup of water and am awaiting for roots to come then I will put them in the paper towel then into soil.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Had 2 zips of Chocolope got about 30 seeds not a single one would crack. If its bagseeds its hit and miss sometimes.

7. I just leave them in a cup of water till it sinks then put the seed in the medium and normally within a day or two theyve popped

8. As soon as they pop in the cup of water and have about half inch root , I'd say plant them in soil. Dont put them in paper towel. Its either you do one of the two, paper towel method or cup of water method. Just personal preference type thing.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Agreed one or the other, makes no sense to do all that extra handling. And to go from nice pure water to a chemically constructed and riddled paper towel.....

10. Ok so they have been under water for three full days now and only one has broken its shell but has hardly rooted out. I am going to put them into a paper towel now and see if they can get any more roots.

11. I've always had 100% germination with a cup of water. I agree doing both is a little dramatic and you can reduce handling time. Hope you're doing a journal. Id love to see how they turn out