Cleaning resevoir help

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by thc kills stress, Oct 2, 2014.

1. When cleaning out your resevoir and the roots start hangin out the net pot how u suppose to clean the net pot and hydrotons from nutes and other shit without damaging the roots cause thats risky as hell im only 3 weeks in and i had hard time cleaning my resevoir, i accidently snapped small baby root from the bottom will that mess it up ??? Whats you guys techniques ????

2. I don't clean my hydroton or netpots mid grow unless there is some obvious issue.

Same goes for my reservoir.

I use a pond pump and some tubing to empty it out and refill it with a garden hose.

"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now."

1000 watt Scrog Journal

3. Ok cool thanks for the help

4. I flush mine through halfway with just water and alittle bit of epsom salts and run the system like that.. I actually fill the res by pouring it through the pots but i use a wilma system i dont know what your using

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. How dirty do people's water actually get? My water stays pretty clean unless I've just fed them. I do clean my res once during veg and once during flowering.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. I clean all my reservoirs every Sunday. Takes some time, but its always nice having a clean res.