Any other potheads believe in a Divine Creator?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by JuggaNugz, Oct 1, 2014.

1. #121 Browne, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014

I can't say although I can say we (humans) create and some of us wear glasses.

------

2. you dont need eyes to see the important things in life. there are plenty of sightless that would argue my point. it is my understanding that losing or never having had vision enhances other senses and perceptions. as far as flaws go, hell yeah the human body is full of them. then again, you are looking in the wrong place if you are looking for perfection or proof of grand architect / spiritual source. but you aren't looking for that are you? you think you have it all figured out dont you?

many scientific minds far greater then your own thought as much of their own understanding of the world and all of them have been proven wrong in some of their most brilliant works. some in their respective life times and some after they have passed on. there is no answer to it all for anyone because all of it is a work in progress. i dont mean god or source is a work in progress i mean the human minds ability to conceive and understand god or source and a great many other fundamental ways in which our reality works is a work in progress. is it fair to guess that you were a different person then you were when you were 5 years of age, yes? not only are you smarter in some ways but you have a better understanding of the reality you live in. because your entire life is work in progress.

one question though....how is it you presume to know so much about something you dont believe in?

4. i have it all figured out for me. i truly hope you get it all figured out for you too. if you try hard enough you will eventually get it all to make logical sense. keep trying, you'll get there!! :metal:

5. not to sound like a asshole (my family is christian) but hearing stuff like this just makes me shake my head.. it sounds like the set up for a new fictional movie coming soon to theatres near you. Or a character meant for children to believe.. (u kno like santa)
    But whatever, just as its almost impossible to convince athiests there's a god I cannot convince christians that there may not be.. enjoy your day

6. I will enjoy my day. Merry Christmas.

7. same 2 you

8. Without a doubt. It would take too many miracles to create a universe in perfect balance like ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Not sure if our universe is in "Perfect" balance but it's pretty fucking good.  Hell who knows, maybe it is perfect maybe you need imperfections for a perfect creation, the good to contrast the bad etc.

What is crazy though is that there is something instead of nothing just that one thing, could so easily have been nothing but instead there is something.  Not only is there something but there is also a contrast of matter and space which allows things to move and for things to just happen.  Not just that either but most amazingly and profound of all conscious life was formed, something I think we can all agree is the most important and fundamental part of existence something to actually experience it!  Sure maybe it was a whole string of crazy impossible odd coincidences, orrrr what seems more likely to me and much less of a jump in faith is someone, something, somewhere in a way we don't quite understand is orchestrating this whole beautiful thing.

10. A creator? Yes. Do I think any Judeo-christian, or Muslim texts are the word of god? No. God seems dualistic and highly impersonal. Sinless children are raped and murdered everyday, so many people know only unjust pain and suffering their whole lives.

11. Personally, I do believe In God.

I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that this universe just happened, with no creator.

12. "One man's religion is another man's belly-laugh". ~Robert Heinlein

13. I believe in God, I just don't believe that any of the major religions portray God correctly. To me it seems that most religions rely on punishment to get people to behave correctly, which doesn't seem very godly imo

14. I definitely believe in a higher power, but I don't think he/she/it/they can be defined by humans (even though we try).

There are so many key pillars of morality that are included in every major religion, I think that they are just pieces to a bigger picture. 

I'm ok with not knowing everything, I just try to live the best life I can and impact others in a positive way.

15. No... I believe in me

16. i believe and submit to highest. society has ruined the concept of god, don't let them deceive you.

17. Divine Creator and It's creation are one and the same....Existence

A living organism..for want of a more illuminating term...with Conscious Awareness...and we are only but one incredibly small expression of That

18. Nah, I'm a goddamned atheist....

and who you calling a "pot head" OP?   :rolleyes:

19. Personally, I do believe in God.

I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that this universe just happened.