Any other potheads believe in a Divine Creator?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by JuggaNugz, Oct 1, 2014.

1. #41 Grendelking, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2014
    "support that church with money and you support everything that Jesus stood against."

I disagree. The church is much more than buildings and Pastors. The church includes the congregation (including myself). Basically, you're attempting to convince me to renounce myself. I'm not going to hate my church because of the actions of a few individuals any more than I'm going to hate the entire Italian race for the actions of La Cosa Nostra. I'd be a fool if I were to be convinced to stop loving my church by someone who's screen name is NorseMythology. Your attempts at trying to eradicate an over 2000 year old religion have failed, once again.
          "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

When I was homeless, it was a homeless shelter that was funded by the Catholic Church that allowed me to sleep under their roof, that fed me, and that allowed me to take showers. Even my so-called friends from childhood didn't offer to lend me a hand.

Keep your Catholic Church hating drivel to yourself please. Thank you. Your wall of text was for nothing. A waste of your time and a waste of my time. In all honesty, I didn't even read most of it.

2. Actions of a few? How about burning at the stake? How about demanding literal payments to the church to cover your sins? How about the witch hunts? How about the Spanish Inquisition? How about the fear tactics of the hellfires? As I said if Jesus told us we have direct access to the Creator then why support a church which undermines this direct connection and commits such atrocities? I am glad to hear the church helped you in a time of need, apparently some churches got the Jesus memo. Thats the kind of thing churches should be doing.

Why didnt you read all of my post yet respond to it?

Answer me this, why do you associate yourself with such a church? Btw renouncing a church is not renouncing yourself. You are made by God, religion is made by man. Embrace God in you and reject manmade notions of God. Recall the first commandment? Recall Jesus tearing down the curtain? This was symbolic against the hierarchy of churches.

3. #43 waktoo, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    No contemporary historian wrote a book about Jesus Christ.  Sure, there are several examples of interpolated "blurbs" here and there, but there are not books...

Jesus was conceived and born by the Virgin Mary.  Which is impossible, if you understand the concept of fertilization.  And what about Jesus' older brother, James?  So much for the "virgin birth" myth, which is prevalent in many of the stories describing culturally derived mythological heroes...

According the Gospels he also walked on water,  replicated food for the masses out of thin air, healed the blind/sick,  and then rose from the dead after being crucified.  Surely at least one of the many historians (40+) living in the area AT THE SAME TIME would have written a book about such fantastical events?  And yet, there are none.  Believing in these things is tantamount to believing in "magic"...

It's a plagiarized story ripped from the many "hero myths" that preceded it.  Anyone that has studied ancient civilizations and their "religions" would know this...

I whole heartedly agree with the precepts of Jesus' "teachings", but the whole idea proposed by the various Christian doctrines is inherently flawed.  Very, very few of them "practice what they preach"...

$$$$$$$$$ and mind control.  Humanity does not need "God" in order to act humanely.

There is no difference between the gods of mythology and the gods of religion.  Same-same... 

lmao

i'm guessing she just fucked someone behind her husbands back.. and the dopey folks back then called it a "virgin birth"
    since it's a proven fact that virgins can't conceive a child.

5. Aliens impregnated her haha Jesus was a hybrid, it happens today but the greys take them back, the doctors are even perplexed,
    We couldn't even understand the truth, even if it was written down, like giving a cave man a car and saying work that out,

Why do we call it the third eye? When really it could be the first

6. Why don't you go to a mosque and talk trash about Muhammad ? Cowards.

7. #47 Grendelking, Dec 5, 2014
    Don't talk to me blasphemer. Ignored.

8. Because at the age of twenty two, I became Born Again of The Spirit.
    Welcome to my ignore list.

9. #49 wanderingtoker, Dec 5, 2014
    Hell eventually the whole forum will be on your ignore list. Some of us follow his teachings without a corrupt ass group acting as gods mouth piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. #50 wanderingtoker, Dec 5, 2014
    Double post.

11. Why don't you? Coward?
    It seems a lot of the time you believers are quite aggressive and not really anything like what your own faith tells you to be like haha, hypocrite,

Ask your self this,

12. In case you haven't realized this by now, I'm not here to debate my deeply held beliefs. The OP asked a question. I answered it. Don't like my answer ? Do what Archie Bunker once said..."If you don't like it, lump it. Take it down the road and dump it."
    Your opinions don't matter to me. It'll only get you placed on my ignore list.

13. Jesus was to thank, not the Church. You dont need a religion to follow Jesus thats my point.

14. So why be on a forum for debate? Specifically why be a part of the religious threads if you can't open your mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Because I respect other's rights to believe as they wish, no matter how wrong they are. I didn't participate in "Draw Muhammad Day" or "Burn A Koran Day" because it's childish and disrespectful.
    What's your excuse for not going to a mosque and talking trash about Muhammad ?

16.  Specifically why be a part of the religious threads if you can't open your mind?

The problem with having an open mind is that people like to dump shit into it.
    "For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness."

17. And I would never have been introduced to my Catechism classes had it not been the members of that church that gave of their free time to instruct me. Those Catechism classes played a role in my becoming Born Again of The Spirit.

No Church=No Catechism Teachers=No Catechism Classes=No Born Again of The Spirit experience.

18. Because I have no right too, same as you, why are we talking about Mohamed?

Open question to a believer if you wish to answer

Do you not think that everything that happened to Jesus was so horrendous that it could not have been achieved by me or you or any human?
    I mean Virgin birth? Enlightenment? Injuries inflicted? Coming back to life and disappearing?
    That doesn't sound like a normal human, I know your gona say he was Jesus the son of God, but that is exactly my point, hybrid of human and ?????? God???
    Now, if God could in fact impregnate a women of choice by clicking his fingers, why hasn't he done it again?

I don't want to offend you, but these are the questions I ask myself, but I do believe Jesus was real,

19. #59 Grendelking, Dec 5, 2014
    What's the point in that ? The Israelites (and the Gentiles) only need one Messiah. Jesus' bloodline came from the king class (King David) and from the Priest class. Jesus the Christ is both a King and a Rabbi. Reading the Old Testament, you would know that God Almighty wanted to be the Israelite's King. But, they found it very difficult. He doesn't answer questions like a human king would. God Almighty does things on His schedule and on His terms.
         So, He told them that He would give them human kings. Kings that would be problem solvers that they could relate to face to face. The only problem with that is, human kings have human weaknesses. They sin. They believe the lies of other rulers. A human king can never be the perfect king. By Jesus being born. God Almighty accomplished what the Israelites had wanted for so long and what God Almighty had wanted for the Israelites. He gave them a Messiah, a Rabbi, and The Perfect King. Himself in the flesh.
         The second person of the Holy Trinity fulfilled God Almighty's promise to the Israelites. That He would be their King. There is nothing hybrid about Jesus the Christ. We were all created by God Almighty. He just happens to be His only Begotten Son.

20. #60 waktoo, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014

It's obvious that I'm on that list...  :rolleyes:

You "ignore" those that propose facts that you are unable to refute with your belief system.

Try "debating" your beliefs with facts or evidence.  Biblical scripture does not apply...

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored".  Aldous Huxley