My first official grow:)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by #watercharges, Oct 1, 2014.

1. I started them 3 days ago (germ) and they shot up! The strain is speedy chile. Speedy is right! I am using potting compost and under a 200watt cfl bulb temps are 26-27 when lights are on and 24-25 when off have no humidity gauge:( but hopefully they get going I will be keeping this as my journal :) any advice or tips please all welcome I'm on a tight budget but I will be buying nutes in the next week or 2 :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412187252.427440.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412187270.202283.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412187297.593347.jpg

3. Any advice would be much appreciated :)

4. Soil looks nice, could use some perlite but will be fine. Add some to the new soil when you transplant. 10% is good.
    never overwater, it will stunt the plants big time.

Go super easy with any plant food, cannabis is a very light feeder when compared to a tomato plant that eats like crazy.

The light is real good and bright, it will get you started fine.

fresh air and temperatures around 74-78F work real good.

Humidity? Well I dont even look at it most of the time 60% in veg and 40% in flower is where you want to be. I dont do anything to change it myself just good air flow.

keep the plants in a good environment , think Hawaii. :)

remember if you grow in an open area and not a box or tent you can run brighter lights without a shitload of fans and not have issues with heat. I like your closet type space.

Good luck.

5. May the Gods smile upon your fields and bring you a good harvest. Was that foil I saw on your wall? If so. Take that down. From my first grow (undocumented) I had foil up and it burned little holes in my leaves from concentrated light reflected off. What strain are you working with? Auto flower?

Sent from my C6730 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. foil is down :) 2 speedy chile from RQS fem thanks for the info man!

7. thanks snoop it's very stealth lol from the outside its a closet and the inside is that lol I have a few things on my list still to get like perlite and stuff thanks for the input man:) btw can you scrog with cfls? Just a question lol

8. Subd! Sounds like snoop has it covered lol. But I also am using 240 watts of cfl and mine also just sprouted! Sub4sub?! I subscribed anyway.

Good luck!

Tuckerjonesisreal

9. Subbed man! Sweet lights!

10. Thanks brother.

Tuckerjonesisreal

11. Just a quick update on the speedy chile! It's going fast! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412363008.804823.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412363018.942822.jpg

12. very little of the end result you are looking for has much to do with lights, or nutrients, or soil, or fans or genetics. You take a master gardener and lock him in your basement and the first thing he will tell you is, "Well first of all your lights are not good enough. Your soil sucks. The nutrients are nothing but overpriced water. You need more air circulation. Your temps are too high, your humidity is too high. And these seeds are certainly not a strain I would have paid for."

But after about three or four months he will knock on the door and say, "OK, ready." and you will see the most magnificent plants you ever dreamed of. That's because he knows what he is doing. He knows how to adjust, and never makes stupid operator errors.

13. I understand no mistakes! This is a quick strain I don't expect a big yeld it's for experience I'm going to lst them for an even canopy to get as much light penetration as possible:)

14. I have heat controlled I have a fan and all just have no money yet to get an inline fan :) and a hydrometer, ph test, ph up and down and nutes but ill have them soon:)

15. It's awesome to read somebody's journal where they might not have the cash for equipment but they understand the equipment they are going to need. I see a lot of dudes with one cfl and a dream. Free mj they think I am going to get a pound they say, obv. no research or understanding of the plant. However I do disagree with above poster I am a great carpenter but if all you give me is three 2x4's you are definitely not getting a cherry bookcase. Haha but it's great to see that you have done some homework and will learn as your setup grows man.

16. spot on man thanks! I have been doing my homework :) and taking tips off other GC members! :)

17. #17 lotek590, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
    yeah, that's the way I use to think. Until I see what some of these guys are doing in Solo Cups. They are violating every rule I held sacred. Every time I say "you can't" they prove they can. I'm pretty sure if you had no choice, you could make me a beautiful bookcase with 3 2x4's if you are a great carpenter. I couldn't make you a bookcase if I had a whole lumberyard of free materials.

Maybe that is what is next, Three 2x4 Bookcase Challenge

18. What light schedule are you running at the moment. Also do you plan to transfer into bigger pots later on? I'm excited I feel like we'll be growing practically together!

Tuckerjonesisreal

19. At the moment I'm running 18/6 but flower will be 12/12 I want to mimic the outdoors as much as possible :) you?:) I know it's cool :) compare yeld lol

20. I plan to do the same! I have my lil girls on 16/8 at the moment. Hey, check out my show us your piece thread in general, I'm interested to see what you are smoking out of with all that dank!

Tuckerjonesisreal