Smoked too much the other night and tripped over death.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by BongRipsFaDaze, Oct 1, 2014.

1. So I smoke everyday and have been for a few years, last week I went away for work for the week forgot my weed ( I have bad anxiety and depression and smoking makes it all almost obsolete) anyways no big deal whatever so Saturday night when I finally got home I packed a fat bowl loaded it with keef and smoked it to my face was feeling amazing chilling out watching tv then all of the sudden I started thinking about death for whatever reason which is weird because I never really think of it and it got worse and worse and I was freaking the fuck out over it my wife was trying to calm me down but I just got into really deep thought about it and pondered about it for hours after I smoked. I'm a pretty dedicated full fledged catholic, so I believe in god and everything but how shitty would it be if we died and just saw black for all of eternity if we were still conscious inside of our dead body and we were trapped in it for all of eternity what kind of trip would that be? I haven't really thought about it since anyone else every "trip" out over stuff like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 QualiD, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014

introspection and death coincide naturally.. subconsciously you're always thinking about these things. everyone does. it's so deeply repressed that it feels weird when it decides to surface-- that 'heeby-jeeby' feeling we shake off.. the 'goose-bumps' we get... and then we quickly forget (or not soo quickly, in your case) and shake it off until it hits us again down the road like russian roulette with your own reaper..

3. That's where I get my anxiety from I used to be a heavy cigerette smoker (im 21 now) but I'd always have a not give a fuck attitude id think about like oh we'll I'll die one day so fuck it maybe I'll die of cancer one day when I'm like 40 who cares but then I thought about it more and more and and cancer and dying in General became an obsession of mine id get panic attacks and I always thought I was dying of cancer when id get a cough or anything it was really shitty I couldn't shake it till I quit smoking ciggerettes and started using the herb again. It was never so much death that scared me but leaving my loved ones behind and moving on is what scared me being forgotten but this "trip" was exclusively the actual process of being dead and what actually happens it was such a mind fuck.. But I got over it played some reggae and smoked another bowl hours later and was ok again! 😃

I feel your pain there, I am bipolar (used to be manic depressant) and have dealt with anxiety attacks where i thought my life was over right then and there..

ever since i could remember, cannabis was the only thing to alleviate my bipolar symptoms, including (but not limited to): mood swings, no appetite, withdrawing from the world and suicidal thoughts..

not a single pharmaceutical has ever been able to get me to feel as level as cannabis does.

stay positive, my friend.

5. Dude good for you for not giving up on trying to make yourself better man I'm the same way I got put on Zoloft and all these other drugs dude, and I'd get random times of being depressed aswell it sucks because I'm usually a happy outgoing kid but latley it hasn't been the same but marijuana has help changed myself for the better and I'm glad I started smoking again even my wife says I'm happier gotta love what Mother Nature herself can do for you it's amazing.

6. This fear of the dark or fear of eternal silence is the ego scared to let go of control, even though it never actually was in control in the first place.  This is what happens right before you see the truth... and as you can see, the truth is somewhat protected in a certain way...because not everyone is ready to see it.  You just have to be willing to let go and embrace the nothing and see it for what it actually is. 

Fear is a major deterrent to everything in life, don't run away, fear isn't actually a real tangible thing, it's just a thought created by the subconscious.  Don't let fear deter you from seeing 'what is'.  And in a more practical sense, don't let fear deter you from doing anything in life...within reason of course.  (physically speaking)

7. #7 Tokesmith, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
    I got those thoughts a while ago, but I got them on an unmentionable (fungus). It was a gnarly trip. These thoughts carried with me, and they really did scare me. Like freethinker said, you have to accept it. The eternal darkness is a what if scenario, that really can be scary. In reality though, death wouldn't be like that.

I recommend looking into Buddhism, Taoism, and some texts on spirituality. They really focus on this type of area.

Keep your head up man, and don't let your ego take control. True acceptance isn't easy, but no one said the path of knowledge is an easy one.

8. I like your thought...but what truth are you referring to?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Where the illusory self falls away (ego identity) and you see what you actually are, but most importantly, you see what your not.  The truth to your very being.  Separation falls away, you see the oneness.