Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What sativa strains have the highest yield and potency?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by MissKat, Oct 1, 2014.

1. First time growing and need help deciding which sativa strain to grow. I'm planning to grow 6 plants at a time, is this enough plants to grow 2 ounces per month through the year, or do I need to grow more plants? I'm growing indoors also

2. Each plant can yield 1+ ounces each..  you can pull a pound or more per harvest if you're doing 6 plants right.. that evens out to more than 2 ounces a month.

http://howtogrowmarijuana.com/category/top-5-sativa-strains

Jack Herer (and crossed sativa strains with Jack), in my opinion, yield the best as sativas.

3. try blue dream

4. I think you mean that each plant can yield 1+ pound(s). One ounce per plant wouldn't motivate me to grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. that depends on the LIGHTS/setup

Sent from my LG-P769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. right, I didn't see that OP mentioned indoor. When I see sativa I automatically think outdoor. Don't expect a pound from indoor.

7. Green crack it is a sativa dominant hybrid. Great for beginners and big yield. Yes lights matter a lot. Also pure sativas don't do well indoors. If you look at my journal you can see my gc got a little to tall and close to the led. Picking up scrog tomorrow.

Let's Smoke About It....
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1320164-Sade's-First-Grow-Green-Crack
    Or g13 haze is great. Never go wrong with blue dream as well.

Let's Smoke About It....
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1320164-Sade's-First-Grow-Green-Crack

8. #8 SupaaBaked, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
    Show me a guy who grows a pound indoors and I'll give you a pound. The most I've ever seen indoors was 12 oz on a plant and there wasn't anymore room for it to grow. Outdoors of you don't get a pound you're doing something wrong.

Op it's really all preference some sacrifice yield for quality like jack herer and vica versa like green crack. I know green crack is one of the big strains a lot of people like, it's a great high but it never lasts longer than an hour with me. Don't expect more than 6 oz off of an indoor sativa and that's doing everything right with 60+ days of veg from seed. I you want a good a sativa I'd recommend something from tga. Tasty indoor sativas is their specialty.

9. Gotta love prohibition and this fucking how much, how fast mindset.

The amount you yield will entirely be dependent on strain, environment, grow methods and grow skill level.  It also depends how large or small you are going to grow the plants. Are you aware that some sativas take 3+ months to flower? If you harvest every 4 months (1 month veg, 3 months flower) and you are aiming for 8 ounces, I would recommend using nothing less than a 600w HID system, preferably 1000w. 

10. If she has two superstar grow spaces she could do a perpetual grow and harvest every 2-4 weeks the amount she wants. I would stay away from hazes like dude above me said some sativas take an insane amount of time to flower and most hazes sit around 15 weeks to flower. That's why I recommended tga, you'll get sativas they bred specifically to be grown indoors and for potency and flavor and most of their strains take around 70 days to flower.

11. look at my other post, BRO.