Blacked out in class

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by hectandi, Oct 1, 2014.

1. So I picked a fresh quarter ounce from my regular dealer yesterday (Monday), and it's some pretty great bud. I packed a big bowl in a miniature bong that a brought to school that day and hauled on it for a while, before passing around to the regular circle of friends i blaze with. These are the same people that buy from the guy I did, and I smoked some later so it's definitely not laced.

Anyhow, I was just sitting in my English class waiting for the teacher to stop talking and us to start reading. I was trying to focus and then I started getting really hot. My eyes would start to close as if I was like yawning or heard something loud, and they opened and closed about 10 times. My one friend said I turned really pale. All of a sudden my vision was starting to go pitch black and my breathing was becoming really hard and choppy. I put my head down and as soon as I did, I was unable to move or open my eyes for about 10-15 minutes.

I regained sight and consciousness, but was still extremely hot, even to my own touch, for another 5 minutes afterwards. I tried explaining what happened to my friends across from me, but they couldn't understand me because I was in such a daze.

All I learned, is that on a rare occasion, it's possible to blackout from smoking weed. It's not dangerous at all from what I've heard. It's not exactly a great thing to happen, but smokers should be aware that things like this can happen, and if it does, sit down and just close your eyes for a while. Also get someone to talk to you even if you can't respond. I could hear my teachers voice the whole time and it was the most vivid part of it all.

2. Weed itself is not solely responsible for your passing out. Your brain shutdown to protect you. You may have some underlying condition  that you may not be aware of. Test your blood sugar, blood pressure, heart rate when you're completely sober.

3. OP how did you loose consciousness if you heard your teacher the whole time? Sounds to me like you just had a panic attack

4. Dude idk but I passed out but could vividly remember my teacher talking about picking books and I was never able to get up to grab one. Not too sure what it was, but that's just what I've been calling it.

5. I envision this as OP in class
    [​IMG]

6. Pretty much, just leaned over a desk and my face directly into a binder.

7. Ahh yes, this is fairly commonly known as greening out. And i have done it once, when i was a newb smoker and ate a crazy strong edible. Shit is uncomfortable.

Sent from my N9810 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Too much weed too fast. You prolly just greened out. It happens even to best of us

JESUS GOT SHOT IN THE FACE

9. I hate to be the one to tell you this but you have aids. 

10. Sounds like blood sugar levels, especially since you went pale

Omega369

11. Sounds like you fell asleep to me

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Yeah, you fainted.

Next time eat breakfast or lunch before your class. Or just have any sugary drink with you. 

Problem solved. 

13. Classic.

Anyway, op you should eat before you toke or slow down on toking and don't smoke before school again.

14. #14 LoveisKind, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
    I just ate my first edible Friday and it was so overpowering. I also had a beer and basically blacked out. It surprised me since when I toke and have a beer, this never happened to me before. I guess edibles really knock you out haha.

15. Ya some edibles are crazy powerful, kinda gotta be careful you don't eat too much

Sent from my N9810 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. as the blades above said, this sounds much more like a medical condition or panic attack than some kind of green out. you need to find out what it was, certainly doesnt sound like a green out. 

17. You needed water + food

18. #18 kingkelly91, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
    Same thing happened to me although I was in the woods smoking a blunt with friends and bam I leaned against a tree and start the same shit I just slid down the tree and felt hit as duck an vision blurred away and then all came back I just felt really weird. Always heard be called the "whities" though.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Water and food man. I've blacked out from just a small joint, just because I was dehydrated and hungry

20. ^^^^^^^^^^^^

There are thousands of threads exactly like this one and 95% of the time this "blacking out" is probably caused by dehydration and not being well fed.