using wax in a handheld vaporizer

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Camo0903, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Alright, So I have some hash oil that I am trying to vape in my Da Vinci Ascent handheld vaporizer. The problem is I tried it once already and the results were far less than satisfying; I didn't get nearly as high as I was led to believe wax would. Obviously, dabs are done with a butane torch, but the vaporizer does not get nearly hot enough to match a butane lighter. The max temperature on my vape goes to 430F. What am I missing here? Is it even sufficient to use my handheld vaporizer for wax? Some instruction would be greatly appreciated.

2. I've went through 2 different handheld vape pens.
    I'm done with them...they seem to work effectively 1 out of 5 times i use them...ive wasted too much wax with them
    not smoking wax again unless out of a rig or dripped on a joint

3. You see, my vaporizer isn't actually a pen (I'm sure you know that). From what I have been told, when the pens do work, its a one or two hit max and you're sky rocketed. We literally passed my vape around for 15 minutes wondering why we were still coherent. I know the vape pens dont have a temperature reading, how hot are they supposed to be getting?

4. #5 Rhymesayers420, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
    I've vaped wax/oil/shatter/crumble w/e in a vapir no2 but I always do it with (at the very least) some herb under it. My philosophy is that when it heats up, the wax melts into the herb. It works for me. My only question for you is whether your vape is actually functioning properly, and if your oil is of somewhat decent quality. Also, it also helps to hold in vape hits (don't suffocate yourself, breathe in every 5 seconds or so and exhale a little at a time). Just my two cents.

EDIT:
    if you don't have actual herb only oil I would suggest using tobacco as a filler (or a shitload of screens, but even then it's iffy)

5. Attached Files:

6. If you have a bubbler, you can make your own rig by adding a glass nail to it. It works just as well as a normal one. Personally, I don't like to smoke wax often, because it ruins my tolerance, but it's fun to use once in a while.

7. Get a health stone!

Great alternative to pens and rigs

Google that shit

Only drawback is you cant take huge ass dabs(globs)

But then again thats why you smoke concentrates to get higher with less material