Which pen vape? Gentlemen THC Micro?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by definitely_dope, Sep 30, 2014.

1. I've read a few posts here that say sub $100 vapes aren't worth it. So, I had to join the forum to ask if this is referring to pens as well?
    \nMy criteria are: small/portable, for concentrates, not crappy quality, vapes at the right temperature (reliably).
    \nI'm looking at getting the Gentleman THC Stick Micro Vape, which is the  Gentleman's V2 cartridge, including a 180mah battery & USB charger, totaling around $50. 
    \nThoughts?

2. I know almost nothing about concentrate vapes so hopefully someone else steps in, but from what I've read the ONLY thing that pen vapes are good for are concentrates. Now if you're looking for a nice dry herb vape I can point you in a good direction ;)

3. Pretty much any pen vape will do good on concentrates, that is their design. I have a Cloud 2, and a mix of parts pen, that has a glass dome thing then i adapted the mini protank 2 dual coil to fit the housing, using a variable voltage battery. The cloud is pretty easy, I call it dab on demand, as you can't really wick a lot into you coils. So be prepared to refill. My mix parts pen has a much larger coil, and there are 2, so it wicks pretty amazing amounts. There's another one that has been manufactured for oils and waxes with a dual coil, I'll post it here when I remember where I found it. 

4. Ive just recently started to get in to concentrates heavily but have messed around with them for a few years. Im using an omicron light right now and have used a persei plus a lot of lesser options. I feel like both of those are high quality options. I havent used a gentlemens brand yet but I have heard good things. Im not very knowledgeable but isnt 180mah pretty low?

5. Ya. My smallest ego style battery is 650mah

6. Hey folks, thanks for the replies!

Yes, 180mah is very low. Right now, I don't need something that's going to last me hours. I like that it's tiny capacity means it's very small, like an actual pen. I'm sure this will be a slippery slope, however :)

Ok, so sounds like I should be good with this for now. I guess if I ever get into portable dry herb vaping, I'll look more towards something like the Solo or Ascent.

7. #7 GrowTrees, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014

8. Wanted to chime in and say I use the Gentleman's pen. It works great for the size and price. Super portable and there's no glass globe to break. That was one if the selling points for me. Another was no wick. Been using the mega and my wax tastes great because there is no burnt wick taste. I've taken the little guy into concerts no problem, used it in public and got no odd looks. It's my preferred "sneak a toke" for wax.

Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for, thanks! Did you get any accessories for it?

10. I just grabbed the whistle tip for at home, and the silicone tips for the bump lip folks who I might meet while out and about. The silicone container is nice too.

11. A 180 mah battery is useless, the size of the battery is ever so slightly smaller than a 650 mah. There is no extra form factor to worry about. A Cloud vape also has no globe to break, and parts will be available at most head shops. The cloud is 50$ for the kit everywhere. The cloud will last me 3 or 4 days on a single charge, and I hit it a lot. 

Cool, thx!

Weeeeeell, I just bought it prior to this post, so we'll see! I really don't need much battery at all. Honestly, if I get 10 tokes, then I'm all good. Anything else for friends is a bonus. IIRC, it should be good for like 50. Plus, it's a 510 thread, I think, so I'm happy to splurge $10 to get a ~600mAh if the 180 craps out on me.

13. If the cloud pen you're referring to is the one I just looked at, its a basic micro g pen. Had one and I hated it. It's the silica wick. Tastes all burnt and gross.

14. Atmos Rx
    Worked great for me but you must keep it clean (any smoking piece)

Longevity: Battery may crash before you'd prefer but replacements are cheap if your local head shop carries them.