Cant Tell If Male or Female - Noob

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by js543210, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Hi, I''m a first time grower and I have a hydro system with Kind LED lights. I got a random seed that started to grow (friend found it in a bag of high quality stuff).  Anyway I went to 12/12 about a week ago and this is what I see. is it def male? I think so... :(

Attached Files:

2. It looks like a male . Females will have hairs not balls

3. cool thanks dude. since its my only plant and my first time, do you think i should let it grow out and then harvest to make bubble hash or something or is it not even worth it?

4. #4 noizviolation, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
    Grow it out for experience certainly. I think you may get a small clump of hash or could make some oil for dabs or butter for cooking. I have never used just 1 male ( generally I use a mix of male shake, female shake, trim, popcorns ) but say I have 1 pound dry male parts/female leaf, I can make from that about 20 to 25 grams of premium golden honey oil. from a pound you can get an idea, if you get a 1/4 pd dry you could get about 4 or 5 grams of illicit meds! I dont know how much hash you would get as I have never bubble hashed, dont like the look. But I have used my diy tumbler, taken all the fine filtered material, wrapped in saran wrap, wrapped in news paper, put in a sauce pot with a bit of water heat to about 345f, about 10 mins in that heat, take it out of water and press with something heavy, I use a vice in my shop =). Lots you can do if you are resourceful and have the ambition! Good luck and looks like you did a great job growing him.

5. thanks bro, sounds cool that i have some options....i might grind it all up and freeze it and save it until i have some female parts to mix with.

6. i would honestly trash it from what i hear. Its no good to smoke but thats just what i would do with such low thc. Or you could keep it to impregnate a female for your next harvest

7. grow it out and harvest some pollen, store in any small container, old pill bottles work well, couple grains of rice and keep in the freezer, should stay viable for about a year give or take. you can use it later if you want to make seed stock. nice plant btw

8. Always worth saving for that purpose. Nothing better than cooking down into butter and baking some quality edibles on a rainy day!