First attempt @ hydro growing - DWC

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by phantomjiujitsu, Sep 30, 2014.

1. This is my first attempt at a hydro setup, but I've got a few soil harvests under my belt. I just moved so I've been gathering my new supplies together and preparing my growing area. I live in Colorado, so this is a legal grow!

My supplies:

400 w HID with cool hood (MH and HPS)
    6" ducting
    Inline fan
    2 - Black 5 gallon buckets
    2 - 6" net pots
    10 lbs hydroton clay pellets
    2 - Airstones
    Airpump
    25 ft black airline tubing
    Growers ppm, temp, PH meters
    General Hydroponics Flora 3 Part Nutrients
    PH up + PH down
    Black/White panda plastic

I have some random supplies left over from previous grows, themometers and whatnot, but I pretty much am starting from scratch this time around. The whole setup cost me less than $350.

My grow will be in a closet that was actually designed to be a laundry room, I will start final setup as soon as the last of my supplies comes in from amazon. I plan on buying two Blue Dream clones from a local dispensary.

My main questions are: since this won't be recirculating, what would you suggest be my protocol when changing out buckets? I've never messed with a hydroponic system and the changing is what I'm a little confused about. Also if anyone could point me in the direction of more information for the exact nutrients I bought, that would be great. Do I need to buy the CaliMagic too?

I'll add some pics and progess as things get moving towards the end of the week.