Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

99% sure i haz ETD, will smoking aggrivate it?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by 100mbps, Sep 30, 2014.

1. #1 100mbps, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
    So the other day I started to come down with a sickness, wasn't that bad as I was only coughing up crap & had a blocked nose / slight sore throat. that was fine & dandy (not really) until yesterday, i felt this weird abnormality in my ear which kinda pissed me off because it felt like my left ear was getting clogged. I done some research and i read up about ETD, and it said that mostly happens after you've been sick; i assumed i had ETD because i'm slowly getting over the sickness.

The first few hours after it just felt like there was a something clogging my ear with a slight pain. But some of my mates came over and we had some bowls, now i got pretty fucking blazed, like it was awesome bc i thought my tolerance was going up but turns out nope ahah, but after the first few bowls my ear started to get VERY painful (im hoping that's merely coincidental.). from what i can remember it was sharp and just fucking hurt. after some time passed it just hurt way too much so i had to lay down, so i layed down with my left ear facing down. but i kinda felt like a dick because my mates were just talking playing ps4 whilst i was trying to get rid of this annoyance.

When they left I went straight to sleep. i have no pain now but the only time it hurts is when i like hiccup kinda, but that's slowly going away. Currently my ear is still feeling clogged and i cant hear right, and tonight im getting a radio doctor to come and look at it but I was wondering if smoking will only make it worse?

Cheers all :D

2. dont google symptoms and then assume youve got a diagnosis. 95% of the time dr. google tells you youve got cancer with a hint of aids. 

3. You're right, but I've been sick and some of the websites I went on about ETD mentioned that you'll be getting over a sickness/ would of just gotten over it for ETD to start, and some sites even said when you blow your nose there may be hints of blood in it, and that was happening to me aswell

4. I have ETD. Too much suction from anything, including smoking a tight joint, will aggravate it. There's no real fix for ETD so just live with it.

5. Shit I think I have EDT.

6. Well shiet :'( if this heavy feeling sticks around for too much longer I think I'll go crazy haha

It's weird too, I've found that there's more people with ETD who smoke weed as opposed to others who dont smoke it; and I actually thought weed didn't have any serious side affects.

7. UPDATE :: Now my right ear is joining in on the fun! Same symptoms as yesterday with my left ear, this should be fun:(

8. what is etd? 

9. go to the dr. You might have a simple ear infection that is cured with antibiotics

10. It can switch ears as the pressure equalizes from one side to the other. It will feel like something is blocking your ear drum from the outside but in fact it's the negative pressure on the inside sucking your ear drum completely tight around the bone that vibrates the sounds to your brain. Try to relax and be positive man and if you need someone to talk to about dealing with etd message me.