First grow - closet - bugs

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Unik04, Sep 29, 2014.

1. 1130am every Thursday :)

Chef.

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-

2. Al'right al'right guys, a little update. 

None of them is dying and they are recovering pretty good. 

Of course I mess the PH a little but I covered the soil during the wash so very little got into it.

I also rinse them in water for a good 10 minutes each so no soap was left. 

I vaccum the closet yes.

I will do the oil treatment now lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Don't spray your girls with oil with the lights on.... wait until the lights are about to turn off.  Not only does the light degrade the active compounds in whatever oil you are using, it will burn the leaves.

4. I'm afraid to ask..... what oil are you preparing to use??

You'll need to emulsify the oil, don't just add it to water.  Put the oil into a small glass and add a few drops of soap and stir.... the oil should emulsify, you'll see the difference.  Then add it to the water and shake vigorously.

If you had liquid silica, that would be a much better choice for an emulsifier than dish soap.

5. I'm shocked at how well they look after your sponge bath!

Chef.

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-

6. "Rooting" for you? Lol. This post bugs me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #29 Sade, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
  8. This thread is really starting to grow on me.. 😆

I thought you were going to wash your hands of it..... have you turned over a new leaf?

10. WD-40. j/k

11. #33 ProGMO, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    I expected it to live. he likely cleaned it before the trichomes got going. The real results will be is, did he rid the spider mites? i hope he keeps posting updates too. Even with all the ribbing. Who knows maybe we will all be shampooing our plants during our next grows, LOL! I draw the line at lipstick and mascara.

12. My hopes were briefly dampened, but there are some budding prospects...

13. al'right guys time for an update,

I will be updating throughout the whole process

I don't know for the oil, I'm going to the grow shop this time (today) and see what they say.

3 of them are just fine and look healthy. The other one, the top is dying (see picture)

should I chop it off?

thanksl [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. Don't chop anything off untill it's dead or almost dead.

I only ever chop leaves or tops off if a mould has ahold of them or if I feel too much of the plants energy is being spent on repairing something that cannot be repaired.

Hope this helps, feel free to get your self out there and known!
    My thread has lots of decent blades (growers) that love to help people!

Come and subscribe!

Chef.

15. I would give that plant a week to recover before adding an addtional stress like oil right now. What do you think Chefaroo?

16. #38 Gandalf_the_Green, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014

Grow shops *shudder*

Wherever you go, try to get Spinosad..... Captain Jack's Deadbug, or Monterrey Gardens.  It's the top choice for ridding yourself of an established spider mite infestation.

As far as oils go, the effective ones would be neem oil and essential oils like lavender, rosemary, thyme, tulsi, etc.

You'll need an emulsifier if you get oil.  You could continue to use dish soap, which will kill the beneficial microbes in your soil, as well as contributing several possibly dangerous synthetic chemicals to your soil/plant..... For perspective, even Johnson & Johnson's "No More Tears" Baby Shampoo contained formaldehyde until a few months ago..... imagine what's in adult shampoos and dish soaps!?!?  (Hint: formaldehyde and 1,4 dioxane, which is worth a Wiki).

If you desire to not use dish soap, you could use liquid silica, which would also benefit your plant in dozens of ways (check this website out for details: http://www.nutri-tech.com.au/blog/2010/06/silica-the-hidden-cost-of-chemicals/ ).  Liquid silica should be available at any legit garden store.  Dyna-Gro Pro-Tekt is the best brand, by far.  Botanicare Silica Blast may be the worst (in terms of being a rip-off.... it will still emulsify oil just fine).

17. Neem oil should NOT be used past the 4-5th week of flower.  It will make the buds taste funny (and if you've ever smelled neem before, you know that "funny" is a kind way of putting it...).

18. I agree with the other posters, unik. Relax and give the problem-cola plant a bit of time, she's gone through alot already. If you could, try removing the plant from the lights and taking a close up pic. Hard to tell what's going on there. Could turn into a mutant bud that surprises you.

However, if you see any signs of mold, cut that shit away before it spreads further. Mold is as much of a plague as mites.