so what is defficient in my plants?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by MaryJizzle, Sep 29, 2014.

1. #1 MaryJizzle, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
    no idea what strain this is.  It was sold in a mix pack on herbies from ACE seeds.  Plants are in week 9, under 11/13 hps, Dr.Earths POTing soil, fed by the fox farm schedule.  All other plants are fine, and not showing this.

i thought cal/mag and added a few tablespoons of molassess the alst few waterings, but it hasent helped.

IMG_06541.JPG IMG_06551.JPG IMG_06561.JPG

2. so apparently i made a mistake.  the plant is Royal Queen kush special #1

3. Let me guess the smallest leaves are unaffected? I have the same problem wish I could help. I cant tell if my bud development is being affected or not though.

pretty much.  its all my old leaves.  a few fan leaves, and even a few leaves coming from the main cola.  buds seem to be developing as normal *knock on wood*

5. That middle pic looks like a combo of calmag and bug issues. Just how it looks, likely way off on prediction though lol.

i know i have fungus knats that came prepackaged with that dr.earths shit.  i cant for the life of me get them under control, but i read they were fairly harmless and wouldent ruin my plants.

7. #8 noizviolation, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
    They eat roots depriving plants of nutrients...... if you are overwhelmed with them, have poor organic matter in your soil, then yea they will cause issues to your plants, very similar to what you are experiencing if not exact. Allow the top couple inches to dry out effectively killing or not enabling them to be moist to reproduce. So bottom feed for a while.

8. Thank you very much for the info.

For what its worth anyone that ever reads this....DO NOT BUY Dr.Earths POT-ing soil for "medicine gardens"  This is the 2nd grow ive used it with, and the gnat problem is 10x worse this time around.

Was the soil being stored outside where you purchased it from?

10. If you've got a bit of sand laying around, preferbly the coarser the better, and place about an inch on top of your medium, it reportedly cuts off their wings so they can't reach the larva. Lots of remedies on the market for gnats but I hear this one works, not heard no complaints so far.

i honestly do not know.  They were both purchased through online retailers, and a different one both times.

12. over fert 
    check ppm from the pot