Finally time for a new vape...

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by lessthanjeezy, Sep 29, 2014.

1. #1 lessthanjeezy, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
    Hey Blades,

I have begun my research into a new Vaporizer and there is much more on the market now then when I bought mine about 5 years ago... A little of my vape background and what I am looking for:

- First Vaporizer was the VaporBros, I have liked it a lot over the years and still works, but I mainly keep it at the girls house and am looking for a new one for my place.
    - I own the MFLB and Pax so I am covered on the portable front
    - Definitely looking for a desk top plug-in vape, and trying to keep it $300 or under

Other than that, I don't have a huge amount of needs...I would like the vapor path to either be all glass or ceramic, but am fine with whip style vapes as long as they have a good connection to connect to my bongs and such...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if I could afford it I probably would have gone with the Cloud Evo, but that isn't in my budget right now.

Thanks for any help you can give Blades.

2. #2 lwien, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014

Ok, this is a bit confusing.   If you want an all glass or ceramic vapor path, how can you be fine with a rubber or silicone whip in the vapor path?   Those two statements contradict one another.  :confused_2:

3. I enjoy my SSV.  It gives great tasty hits.  Extreme Q is also a decent option for under $300.

4. Oops, that should have been *but* Thanks for the catch. Edited.

5. Are you primarily going to be using your vaporizer through a bong?

6. The hot box vaporizer is one I don't see get much love. It is very reliable, simple, and efficient. You can't change the temperature (which many consider to be a major drawback), but it never combusts, always evenly vapes the bowl, etc. My brother has one and I have used it dozens of times. It works flawlessly.

As a plus, it is only 110 bucks. Obviously if you are looking for something that you can adjust temperature, other blades can point you in that direction. But if you are looking for something that is idiot proof and very efficient, consider the hot box vaporizer.

I would like to have the option since I like how it can help cool the vapor down a little and is a little smoother to me personally, but haven't tried any with a all glass vapor path and wasn't sure if that would alleviate a little harshness/dryness
    I definitely want to get something that is adjustable and if I was thinking about a vape like this one, I would just keep using my vaporbrothers...Don't need something idiot proof as I have used a few different vapes (MFLB, Pax, DBV, EQ) and owned mine for about 4 or 5 years

8. The vapolution 2.0 is one of the best values on the market with its ALL glass air path (check out fuckcombustion.com for a promo code for a free all in wonder bowl) . The lsv is another option if running your vape through a bong is a top priority. Log vapes are great for full extraction of your herbs as well as being capable of WPA. The underdog log vape is having a sale right now for 160$ which is a steal if I do say so myself. A good party vape that has the option to be run through a bong is the herbalaire. The herbalaire is also very efficient at fully extracting your herbs and no grinding required.

9. I was looking at the LSV as an option, definitely looks nice and the fact that it runs well through a bong is a good selling point. Thanks for the info!

Horsepower gave you some great advice.

I love my LSV.   It is my daily driver.   VERY clean air and vapor path with no whips or bags to interfere with the taste and when used with a bong filled with very warm, almost hot water, it is super smoooooooth.    No air restriction at all.  The amount of vapor that you can take in without coughing or any discomfort whatsoever when used in this way will absolutely astound you.

11. Thanks a lot lwien, always appreciate your input. The LSV is definitely at the front of the pack for me right now after looking into it more...plus it is perrrrrrrtty which is an added bonus haha...And I totally agree, I prefer super warm water when vaping to cold. Gunna go poke around FC to see if I can find any discount codes...

If you do order the LSV, make sure that you also get their "shorty" WPA.  

13. Some good suggestions already but check out log vapes as well like the underdog and enano. Underdog not so much as its missing a few of your key needs such as temp control right now unless you want to go third party for the temp control (you could with in your budget). Not glass or ceramic heating path but I dont notice a difference between all stainless and an all glass air path.

14. Any one else find the 7floor websites offputting ?

15. I was on the UD site and noticed they don't offer the vvps do you know why that is by chance?

16. Hated... I know what you mean. That and their Customer Service really sucks.

They're not worth the hassle

17. Currently out of stock. I last talked to Dave about a week ago and he said he was hoping to have more built with in the next few weeks. Im trying to get another one my self so I can have a separate one for my HI and I dont feel like going the Voltage Keeper route. Its nothing against voltage keeper I would just rather get another one from Dave because I already know from experience they are quality and he offers the best customer service in the business.

18. Ohhhh, alright I read something about quality control problems on their website for the vvps so I didn't know if they were upgrading their's or finding a new supplier. How does the wall wart work with the UD? Satisfactory? Or is there something left to be desired?

19. #20 lwien, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014

7th Floor products are not worth the hassle?     They make some of the best vaporizers on the market.    I had their DBV for over 2 years and now the LSV for about 2 years and never had a problem.  

Have people had a problem with their customer service?   Yup.   Have there been people that have been more than satisfied with their customer service?   Yup.